Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

saw falafel somewhere.

Think it was called "what the falafel". I specifically remember it because it was the worst pun I have ever seen.

I hadn't eaten since Friday, and ate a burrito on the Sunday night under the lights of the ferris wheel, peaking fairy hard on a stamp. Almost cried it was so beautiful. Ordering it was an absolute nightmare though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

BananaR wrote: »
    This Def didn't apply at Body & Soul. Much wider range of healthier food options available

A well established festival is a much smaller gamble for a food vendor to take to sell at.

I'd expect there to be more next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Weepsie wrote: »
    Yes and there was a sit down type place there too nearest the lake which had a load of healthy, vegetarian options.

There weren't really a load of vegetarian options. Yes, vegan sushi rolls and another vegan stall in that area but by early enough sun evening both of those were closed/sold out. Had to walk back to main stage area to get a veg option

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

erica74 wrote: »
    I'm a complete psychopath but I'd absolutely love to be able to get more healthy options at a festival, a big fuck off salad or even somewhere doing nice veggies would be great. I know junk food is great and all but after a feed of drugs, I need some vegetables to replenish my lifeless body.

:confused: You have a 'feed of drugs' , and you complain there isn't enough vegetables ............. Maybe lay off em .

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

There weren't really a load of vegetarian options. Yes, vegan sushi rolls and another vegan stall in that area but by early enough sun evening both of those were closed/sold out. Had to walk back to main stage area to get a veg option

Q: How many vegans/vegatarians does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. Everybody knows they can't change anything.

Seriously.?
    Why didn't all the vegans/vegetarians bring their own supply of food ? Surely they don't have 3 course veg meals at all the other music festivals ??? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That's by Sunday night, in which there were a hell of a lot more people. The rest of the weekend there were options around the place. It's the first year of the event, and for the Taste of Waterford folk it was a first for some of them.

a few places which were not overtly Vegan/Vegetarian had Vegetarian options too.

greenspurs wrote: »
    Q: How many vegans/vegatarians does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. Everybody knows they can't change anything.

Seriously.?
    Why didn't all the vegans/vegetarians bring their own supply of food ? Surely they don't have 3 course veg meals at all the other music festivals ??? :rolleyes:

Just trying to make a point/ express an opinion like anyone else here. Food preferences and judgements on peoples party habits aside, the fact is the food did not cater particularly well to a certain segment. Both EP and body and soul do that way better, without a doubt - so all am saying is there's much room for improvement there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

It's not the organisers responsibility to make sure you can recover from whatever it is you took the night before.

Jesus chill out, did I say it was their responsibility? No, I'd simply like more variety.

a few places which were not overtly Vegan/Vegetarian had Vegetarian options too.

A lot of places vegetarian options are chips or toasted cheese sandwiches

:confused: You have a 'feed of drugs' , and you complain there isn't enough vegetables ............. Maybe lay off em .

So I can't like vegetables? :confused:
    We're discussing the food on offer, I didn't ask for advice on drugs, thanks.

• Advertisement

A lot of places vegetarian options are chips or toasted cheese sandwiches

Well, what would you like to see then?

Millenial problems ehh ? :confused::D

So I can't like vegetables? :confused:
    We're discussing the food on offer, I didn't ask for advice on drugs, thanks.

You don't see the irony ? :D:D
    A drug taker being health conscious !! :D :rolleyes: Whatever floats .....

Its funny

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Well this has escalated very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

You don't see the irony ? :D:D
    A drug taker being health conscious !! :D :rolleyes: Whatever floats .....

Its funny

Yeah Erica, did you not know that because you like to indulge in some recreational drugs at a music festival you must be some sort of junk-food addicted slob that couldn't possibly have anything even resembling a healthy lifestyle... :rolleyes:

How about we lay off on judging other people's decisions on what they put into their body?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Are we asking for more variety of drugs or vegetables?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

D.Q wrote: »

Ah sure why not both :P

D.Q wrote: »

Both:D

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Ah sure why not both :P

Absolutely, YOLO an all that

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Was bored in work so had a look at the site on google maps - loads of room for expansion and I’d expect it

also read up on Reynolds taking festival republic to court for squeezing him out of the booking process in EP and bringing in bands (the killers) that took from what he initially set out to do - I don’t think he’ll be bitten twice so hopefully even with an expansion he will strive to retain the ideals he has set out with ATN

Jesus chill out, did I say it was their responsibility? No, I'd simply like more variety.

You and a few others are the ones nitpicking at every little thing you didn't like about the festival. I am not the one who needs to chill out.

There was variety if you looked around. Again, it's the first year, it should improve.

• Advertisement

How about we lay off on judging other people's decisions on what they put into their body?

It's not really judgemental, it's just pointing out a rather moronic irony.

If you're worried in future, bring some fruit, High 5 tabs, multi vitamins and eat a sh!t load of Brazil nuts

You and a few others are the ones nitpicking at every little thing you didn't like about the festival. I am not the one who needs to chill out.

There was variety if you looked around. Again, it's the first year, it should improve.

Have you shares in the festival or something? You're taking it all very personally. You could call nit picking Or you could call it expressing an opinion which is, as far as I can see, all anyone here is doing all of the time. For some reason the particular opinions being expressed seem to have rubbed you up the wrong way.

No I don't, I was a reveller/weekend warrior just like you and other posters on here.

I was countering the opinion with my own observation which is allowed.

I was not taking anything personally at all, rather putting forward my own observations from the weekend on what I saw available but I was told I need to "chill out". If I'm going to be singled out for criticism then yeah, I have a right to reply.

Have you shares in the festival or something? You're taking it all very personally. You could call nit picking Or you could call it expressing an opinion which is, as far as I can see, all anyone here is doing all of the time. For some reason the particular opinions being expressed seem to have rubbed you up the wrong way.

You haven't answered my question about what you would like to see at the Festival foodwise for future versions of ATN .
    Or is it easier to just put down and complain about what was there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

And so the idyllic honeymoon phase of ATN ends. See ye next year, lads. Along with more guitars and falafals.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

I'm guessing this is the point where the thread goes downhill. Til next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Getting anything from the Charcoal Grill at any event is pretty much a rookie move.

I got a burger.. it was delicious... oh god the heartburn that night though.

You haven't answered my question about what you would like to see at the Festival foodwise for future versions of ATN .

Well, I know this isn't directed at me but I'd love a big salad place, somewhere like Chopped. And more seafood. Maybe somewhere like Saba/Kinara Kitchen.
    One food in particular that was lacking at ATN was hot chicken options like chicken wings. I'm allergic to beef and would have loved a mountain of chicken wings at some stage.

And obviously, I know that it's a new festival so the first year isn't going to have everything, I'm simply making suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Arcadia have said on Instagram that they will be returning next year

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmOX0fvBY8O/?taken-by=arcadia

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I sort of kicked off the discussion about food. As I said initially, I did like it generally, but some improvements could be:

- Some sort of Indian food options, which are generally present at other festivals.
    - Mediterranean/Middle Eastern veggie options, falafel wraps etc, again generally present at other festivals.
    - Some salad options would be good, though this would be new.
    - Some proper BBQ food options, with some pork meat, beef steaks etc.
    - Spanish type stuff like paella and tapas that'd be common at the Dublin markets.
    - As mentioned, any sort of chicken options would be good.

Again, it was positive and measured criticism that resulted in a couple of posters suggesting that I was being unreasonable expecting Michelin star offerings (the festival had billed itself as being a food experience not seen at other festivals). One such poster then proceeding to act like festival owner, batting away any suggestions and complaining when people called them up on it...

Advertisement