Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

erica74 wrote: »
    Was there supposed to be falafels? I definitely didn't see any.

I try not to eat Egyptian food - always feel affel afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Did anyone commute over and back to Waterford City each day? Was there a bus that actually did the trip every night after the main acts finished etc?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There was Indian food, and there was a Falafel place. There was a few places selling things with Chicken too, though perhaps not to the taste of pallet of every punter.

The idea was to promote local producers, places, and local chefs which it did with some festival regulars (Wok n Roll, Pie Man, Kanum, Charcoal etc).

More choice would always be great, but there was some of the stuff there that people claim wasn't, though much is easily missed when having fun. There are a lot of good food options in Waterford, Cork and Wexford and hopefully they'll get in touch with some of them to get involved.

There is no one acting like a festival owner, the owner would probably say, okay, we can only ask vendors to come on board. If the capacity doubles as someone suggested, and sells well you'll see more variety as they'll deem it worth while.

The volume of people at Dublin Markets pales to that at a Music festival too, so it's a big ask to get some of those type of sellers to be able to cater for something like this, especially if they risk giving up their own regular market slots and have someone else come on in. If I could, I'd have the entire Honest2Goodness food market there, but that's not likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

Anyone know if tickets will go on sale soon for next year like they usually do for EP and B&S? I'm sure they will try make the most of it of whilst everyone still has the fuzzys and everyone else wish they went?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

dodo87 wrote: »
    Anyone know if tickets will go on sale soon for next year like they usually do for EP and B&S? I'm sure they will try make the most of it of whilst everyone still has the fuzzys and everyone else wish they went?
    hope not, hate when festivals start selling tickets for the next year straight away.

wait until, oh I don't know, maybe 31st August, when payday for most people will have come?
    It would of course just be a coincidence that EP begins that day ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Weepsie wrote: »
    There was Indian food, and there was a Falafel place. There was a few places selling things with Chicken too, though perhaps not to the taste of pallet of every punter.

The idea was to promote local producers, places, and local chefs which it did with some festival regulars (Wok n Roll, Pie Man, Kanum, Charcoal etc).

More choice would always be great, but there was some of the stuff there that people claim wasn't, though much is easily missed when having fun. There are a lot of good food options in Waterford, Cork and Wexford and hopefully they'll get in touch with some of them to get involved.

There is no one acting like a festival owner, the owner would probably say, okay, we can only ask vendors to come on board. If the capacity doubles as someone suggested, and sells well you'll see more variety as they'll deem it worth while.

The volume of people at Dublin Markets pales to that at a Music festival too, so it's a big ask to get some of those type of sellers to be able to cater for something like this, especially if they risk giving up their own regular market slots and have someone else come on in. If I could, I'd have the entire Honest2Goodness food market there, but that's not likely.

John Reynolds was actually working on Friday directing campervans in the campervan area and I seen him the following day walking around the main arena picking up bits of rubbish and binning them. Certainly doesn't seem like an aloof businessman anyway, he seems quite down to earth.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

John Reynolds was actually working on Friday directing campervans in the campervan area and I seen him the following day walking around the main arena picking up bits of rubbish and binning them. Certainly doesn't seem like an aloof businessman anyway, he seems quite down to earth.

Yup he directed us out of the car park on the Monday morning. We only copped afterwards who it was. I'd have liked to have said thanks for the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Toast wrote: »
    Yup he directed us out of the car park on the Monday morning. We only copped afterwards who it was. I'd have liked to have said thanks for the festival.

What does he look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Seen him as well in the main arena, would never have guessed it was him until my bf said it to me, actually though he was taking the p**s but other people confirmed it for me :p really wanted to hug him and say thank you for this weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Heh, saw him once doing the same thing in an EP car park back in like 2006/7 or so, I didn't know who he was at the time, but asked him a question about where I needed to go (I was picking up a guestlist pass) because he was in the same day-glo bib as any other security person. Let's just say "down to earth" would not be the words I'd use to describe his response!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I saw him a few times then !

He was up around the family camping area on Saturday afternoon....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone like to hazard a guess at who the headliners could be next year,with the increased capacity you'd imagine there would be at least one big name on the bill..

Dua Lipa - Charlie XCX - The Academic
    David Guetta - Ladysmith Black Mambazo -
    Aslan - Cry Before Dawn - The Stunning on an Irish music stage.
    Spandau Ballet - Kim Wilde - King Kong Company

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

greenspurs wrote: »
    Dua Lipa - Charlie XCX - The Academic
    David Guetta - Ladysmith Black Mambazo -
    Aslan - Cry Before Dawn - The Stunning on an Irish music stage.
    Spandau Ballet - Kim Wilde - King Kong Company

With the exception of King Kong Company....that's a joke, right?

Anyone like to hazard a guess at who the headliners could be next year,with the increased capacity you'd imagine there would be at least one big name on the bill..
    I doubt they'll up the capacity next year, considering they didn't even sell out this year.
    even if they do, I can't see them going more than 5000 to 20k, which won't make much difference to the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Guesses of next year's lineup, pointless. I'm checking out of this thread until they announce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

So did anyone find the gold in the Treasure Hunt?

So did anyone find the gold in the Treasure Hunt?

I found Jesus in the woods at 4am taking drugs, that was gold in my book :D

Guesses of next year's lineup, pointless. I'm checking out of this thread until they announce it.

I bet you wont .... :P

You'll be back....... The force is powerful ...

• Advertisement

With the exception of King Kong Company....that's a joke, right?

Why would King Kong company be an exception ?

Are the rest of them not worthy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

Why would King Kong company be an exception ?

King Kong Company would have fit in very nicely with this year's line up tbh.
    Are the rest of them not worthy ?

After this year, nope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Thought it did sell out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

My friend says kids need to be banned from it or at least gone by 7 after being at it

King Kong Company would have fit in very nicely with this year's line up tbh. .

But we are talking about next year...... :D

Ok....

Australian Doors -Australian Nirvana - Mad Ferrit - (anyone remember the Oasis tribute act No Way Sis?) - Red Hot Chili Pipers - Pearl Jem - Con Jovi - Bootleg Beatles - Kopy Kat Killers - Knights of Leon - A Taste of Rory -
    All on the Tribute act stage ( Out of Our League Stage) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I doubt they'll up the capacity next year, considering they didn't even sell out this year.
    even if they do, I can't see them going more than 5000 to 20k, which won't make much difference to the lineup.

The promoters have said that it will be increased to 20k next year,i think someone in here mentioned that they have it on good word that it will be 30k next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

The promoters have said that it will be increased to 20k next year,i think someone in here mentioned that they have it on good word that it will be 30k next year.

Hopefully not, doubling the crowd after a year would be too much too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Hopefully not, doubling the crowd after a year would be too much too soon.

According to Nialler9, they have a 5 year lease so could see aim for that many numbers at the end of that term but next few years hopefully aim for same numbers. Even if they wanted to not sure they would get double the numbers but I'm spreading around the fomo vibes to get friends on board who didn't go this year. Would be great to get a general Sunday day ticket. Saw a few older couples on Sunday without kids and was wondering were there very limited ones for friends and family of the organizers.

Eod100 wrote: »
    According to Nialler9, they have a 5 year lease .

I heard its a 10 year lease

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I was playing plenty of King Kong Company on the speakers over the weekend. Thought they would have been a great shout. They are from waterford aren't they.

Advertisement