Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

D.Q wrote: »
    I was playing plenty of King Kong Company on the speakers over the weekend. Thought they would have been a great shout. They are from waterford aren't they.

Yes they are.
    Id would say they would have played , but were at Indiependence (?)

Where were you djing ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

greenspurs wrote: »
    But we are talking about next year...... :D

Ok....

Australian Doors -Australian Nirvana - Mad Ferrit - (anyone remember the Oasis tribute act No Way Sis?) - Red Hot Chili Pipers - Pearl Jem - Con Jovi - Bootleg Beatles - Kopy Kat Killers - Knights of Leon - A Taste of Rory -
    All on the Tribute act stage ( Out of Our League Stage) :D

This does not exist.

This should never exist!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The promoters have said that it will be increased to 20k next year,i think someone in here mentioned that they have it on good word that it will be 30k next year.
    where was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I was playing plenty of King Kong Company on the speakers over the weekend. Thought they would have been a great shout. They are from waterford aren't they.

they all met and formed in Waterford (while in college) but they aren't from Waterford.

they all met and formed in Waterford (while in college) but they aren't from Waterford.

Mark Graham is from Tramore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

MJohnston wrote: »
    Heh, saw him once doing the same thing in an EP car park back in like 2006/7 or so, I didn't know who he was at the time, but asked him a question about where I needed to go (I was picking up a guestlist pass) because he was in the same day-glo bib as any other security person. Let's just say "down to earth" would not be the words I'd use to describe his response!
    What did he say? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Did anyone else drop into the acoustic tent around 2.00 on Monday morning? Band called Ojo, I think they are from Dublin, though they were very good, bit like Mumford and sons at their best.

Chelon wrote: »
    Did anyone else drop into the acoustic tent around 2.00 on Monday morning? Band called Ojo, I think they are from Dublin, though they were very good, bit like Mumford and sons at their best.

My better half and I were there ... they were excellent. Way better than Mumford and Sons (who hurt my ears) IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yes they are.
    Id would say they would have played , but were at Indiependence (?)

Where were you djing ?
    Haha just outside my tent. ;)

Chelon wrote: »

Yes, I was walking past and I heard them.. .Said "Ohhh" and went in... Very good !!

• Advertisement

This does not exist.

This should never exist!

Deffo going to happen ...
    I have it 'on good word' ... :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Yes, I was walking past and I heard them.. .Said "Ohhh" and went in... Very good !!

Only problem was I was completely wiped by that point, I only stayed about 10 minutes. I see they play a few gigs around:-

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ojodublin/events/?ref=page_internal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Weepsie wrote: »
    There is no one acting like a festival owner, the owner would probably say, okay, we can only ask vendors to come on board. If the capacity doubles as someone suggested, and sells well you'll see more variety as they'll deem it worth while.

Saw John myself in the campervan site on Friday sorting out the mess the security there made of it. Also walked behind him for a bit on Saturday - he came up behind a lad carrying 3 cases of water who seemed to be struggling, stopped and offered him a hand. Thought it was pretty sound of him considering he was the Promoter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

where was that?

At the end of this video he says they have a 10 year lease and hope to increase it to 20k next year

https://www.facebook.com/irishtimes/videos/10155754360556158/

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Not sure who'll play it next year but would personally love to see LCD Soundsystem and The War on Drugs headline at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Korvanica wrote: »
    Saw John myself in the campervan site on Friday sorting out the mess the security there made of it. Also walked behind him for a bit on Saturday - he came up behind a lad carrying 3 cases of water who seemed to be struggling, stopped and offered him a hand. Thought it was pretty sound of him considering he was the Promoter.

I'm beginning to think John Reynolds must had clones of himself walking around he was spotted doing so many good deeds!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Not sure who'll play it next year but would personally love to see LCD Soundsystem and The War on Drugs headline at some point.

The War on Drugs gets my vote anyway

Lcd soundsystem would be an incredible booking. Great fit.

What were the boutique options like?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

eplady2017 wrote: »
    The War on Drugs gets my vote anyway

Mine too, that's that sorted! :P But for my wishlist, I'd love any of the following The National, Bon Iver, Lisa Hannigan, Ben Howard, Fionn Regan etc. Know The National, Bon Iver and Lisa Hannigan could well be back for that Safe Harbour festival in Cork next year so that may or may not rule them out..

Looking at EP headliner's and could see AT, trying to nab a few acts further down the list. I guess either way competition is healthy for festivals to up their game/not get too stagnant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Could see Bon Iver or TWOD headlining alright, both have played Forbidden Fruit recently. although probably a bit early for TWOD to be back touring again by next summer.

The National have stuck with Aiken or MCD for all their gigs here AFAIK, certainly for the last few years anyway, so would imagine they'd be back with Aiken if they're back touring Europe next summer, but they'll probably be in the studio/taking a break after touring the new album here this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The War on Drugs would be great. Would love New Order either think they would be perfect for the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Heard the majority of this from my tent. Sounded immense

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Delighted I managed to stay going until the end of this set. What a way to end the weekend. Incredible. Can't wait for next year already :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Why is there a drunken scottish man with a mouth full of deep fried mars bar giving a running commentary in those vids :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tame Impala would be a perfect headliner but i have a feel they will be doing EP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Both of HAAis sets were ****ing insanely good ! Arcadia is such an amazing stage for DJs.

Advertisement