Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

David Byrne, Depeche Mode & Wilco be great headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think John Reynolds must had clones of himself walking around he was spotted doing so many good deeds!

I saw John Reynolds jump into the lake to rescue a kid's frisby. He was fully clothed and didn't think twice.

He also helped two old ladies cross the road in the boutique camping.

He held the door of the jacks open for me and gave me his last sheet of toilet roll.

#JohnGoodDeedsReynolds

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

bigpink wrote: »
    My friend says kids need to be banned from it or at least gone by 7 after being at it

Your friend sounds like a dick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I saw John Reynolds jump into the lake to rescue a kid's frisby. He was fully clothed and didn't think twice.

He held the door of the jacks open for me and gave me his last sheet of toilet roll.

#JohnGoodDeedsReynolds

Apparently he sounds like Liam Neeson chasing a load of hens around inside a barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Word on the street is... he has 2 arses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone catch Saul Williams earlyish on the Sunday on bandstand? Thought he could have been on far bigger stage and later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone catch Saul Williams earlyish on the Sunday on bandstand? Thought he could have been on far bigger stage and later.

was awesome,

was hoping for Sunday bloody sunday or nine inch nails survivalisim covers but really enjoyed it.

def a morning wake up to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

#JohnGoodDeedsReynolds

Your friend sounds like a dick

I saw John Reynolds punch this guys mate in the face.

#JohnGoodDeedsReynolds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

It was always gonna be odd at that time on that stage. Really enjoyed him although I have seen him better before. Maybe it was time of day, location etc.

Reggie Watts on that stage the previous day was amazing!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

He got a decent enough crowd at least as people buying their coffees and breakfasts stopped and stayed to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

yes, hated it.. although he did have a trent reznor lilt when he sung - does he do NIN covers?

it definitely won't be Saul who awakens my social conscience... don't get the attraction at all

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    yes, hated it.. although he did have a trent reznor lilt when he sung - does he do NIN covers?

it definitely won't be Saul who awakens my social conscience... don't get the attraction at all

Think Trent produced one of his albums and Saul has appeared on his work before.

Specifically Suvivalisim (saul williams remix) is the tits

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Specifically Suvivalisim (saul williams remix) is the tits

pretty decent alright - had a listen to a few other tracks - he really does sound like trent!

His sunday set didn't sound much like what i've heard so far - seems like it was all a bit off the cuff... also I was in a bad mood because I bought one of those Kale ice pops - yyyeeeeeuuukk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

pretty decent alright - had a listen to a few other tracks - he really does sound like trent!

His sunday set didn't sound much like what i've heard so far - seems like it was all a bit off the cuff... also I was in a bad mood because I bought one of those Kale ice pops - yyyeeeeeuuukk!!

Spoken to a few people who made a few bad choices over the weekend, but that's the worst I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

how are these people still in business ? Surely everyone has bought one at this stage and vowed never to be so dumb again - they're absolute garbage, not a single nice flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭RINO87

Korvanica wrote: »
    Both of HAAis sets were ****ing insanely good ! Arcadia is such an amazing stage for DJs.

Bang on there on both counts!! The sound when you are inside the stage itself is incredible!!

As an aside does anyone remember the afterburner from the picnic years back (2010??) Is it just me or was it much taller then? I'm sure it come in many configurations but I thought no remembered it with steps around the bottom and the DJ box was much higher up??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The cheek of anyone who buys a kale ice-pop looking for sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Stillill42 wrote: »
    The cheek of anyone who buys a kale ice-pop looking for sympathy.

I thought there were no vegetables at this festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Boom :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

This time last week

:'(:'(:'(

serious depression now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

D.Q wrote: »
    This time last week

serious depression now.

stop, I was sitting outside my tent with a cold can in hand. Today I'm sitting in a windowless office:(

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

phatkev wrote: »
    stop, I was sitting outside my tent with a cold can in hand. Today I'm sitting in a windowless office:(

Same :(

At least ep is coming up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I snorted my water up my nose:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

D.Q wrote: »
    This time last week

serious depression now.

This time last week, I was 4 vodka tonics deep and was grabbing something to eat. So depressing.
    I'm going to EP but I already feel my heart is only half in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Deadly weekend!

Pros:
    1. No traffic whatsover (arriving around 1.30pm)
    2. Less than 5min walk from carpark to tent in Boutique
    3. Weather (though ATN can't take the credit for that)
    4. The crowd (Over 21's really worked, the older crowd was great and I heard there was only 2 arrests all weekend)
    5. Layout was great. All stages/tents very close by.
    6. The Lights projecting on the house! Trippy!

Cons:
    1. Not enough facilities in Boutique (Couldn't get in until after 12, no shops or food stalls available until after that)
    2. A bit of a hike from Boutique. Over an hour round trip from Main Stage. I would love if Boutique and General Camping swapped places next year :)

After thought. I wondered what the festival would be like if it lashed rain all weekend. Would there be streams of water flowing down the main path from Arcadia down towards the House?
    Also wondered what capacity it could handle? It was noticeable that a lot more people were there on Sunday. If 30,000 people were there I think it would be too overcrowded, especially in around Arcadia and the little pathways through to the other tents, and the path down to the house

I'm sure the festival organisers will welcome and acknowledge all feedback and tweak it for next year. Can't wait already

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

RINO87 wrote: »
    Bang on there on both counts!! The sound when you are inside the stage itself is incredible!!

As an aside does anyone remember the afterburner from the picnic years back (2010??) Is it just me or was it much taller then? I'm sure it come in many configurations but I thought no remembered it with steps around the bottom and the DJ box was much higher up??

Can't remember it being much bigger at EP, but I was thinking it probably was.

The thing is fecking huge at Glastonbury, but they went and put Skrillex in it as the special guest when I was at it.

7d0aac2b77dbd5260ed8a85acf651aca.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Weepsie wrote: »
    Can't remember it being much bigger at EP, but I was thinking it probably was.

The thing is fecking huge at Glastonbury, but they went and put Skrillex in it as the special guest when I was at it.

7d0aac2b77dbd5260ed8a85acf651aca.jpg

Looks real Mad Max there doesn't it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

38814112_10214547024363527_6071470528172916736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c416ab96532a138f083ec51bd76939b7&oe=5BC9DC64

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 redzor

Those eyes !!! 🙂

Advertisement