Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Eod100 wrote: »
    Looks real Mad Max there doesn't it?!

Funny that they made such a big deal about banning plastic for the environment, but didnt have a problem with these massively wasteful fossil fuel flamethrowers. Not that Im complaining, i love a spectacle as much as the next man, but still!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Funny that they made such a big deal about banning plastic for the environment, but didnt have a problem with these massively wasteful fossil fuel flamethrowers. Not that Im complaining, i love a spectacle as much as the next man, but still!

Or that they had a ban on gas canisters coming on site when there must have been enough gas under Arcadia to take out a small country

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Or that they had a ban on gas canisters coming on site when there must have been enough gas under Arcadia to take out a small country

Is that more health and safety though? Some drunkard turns the gas cooker on to keep wqrm and night and a bunch of tents go up in flames? Didnt such an incident happen at one of the oxegens, albeit they believed the fire was started deliberately

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Haha we were commenting on this as well.

Oh we couldn't possibly sell you a plastic bottle, what about the environment.

MORE FIIIIIIIRRRRE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Timing is everything, imagine being out in the manicured fields in this muck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Wildsurfer wrote: »

I would be shocked if they didnt use gas recycled from cow**** or something. The Eavis' wouldnt let them in the gate of worthy farm if they didnt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

All of their stages are built from recycled industrial and military materials that would otherwise be in landfill. I think it's okay for them to burn a wee bit of propane or whatever.

Apparently it's co2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Aaah Boards is back and with it my full review of All Together Now, enjoy folks.
    https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2018/08/11/all-together-now-2018-festival-review/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Deadly weekend!

Pros:
    1. No traffic whatsover (arriving around 1.30pm)
    2. Less than 5min walk from carpark to tent in Boutique
    3. Weather (though ATN can't take the credit for that)
    4. The crowd (Over 21's really worked, the older crowd was great and I heard there was only 2 arrests all weekend)
    5. Layout was great. All stages/tents very close by.
    6. The Lights projecting on the house! Trippy!

Cons:
    1. Not enough facilities in Boutique (Couldn't get in until after 12, no shops or food stalls available until after that)
    2. A bit of a hike from Boutique. Over an hour round trip from Main Stage. I would love if Boutique and General Camping swapped places next year :)

After thought. I wondered what the festival would be like if it lashed rain all weekend. Would there be streams of water flowing down the main path from Arcadia down towards the House?
    Also wondered what capacity it could handle? It was noticeable that a lot more people were there on Sunday. If 30,000 people were there I think it would be too overcrowded, especially in around Arcadia and the little pathways through to the other tents, and the path down to the house

I'm sure the festival organisers will welcome and acknowledge all feedback and tweak it for next year. Can't wait already

If they are going to increase the size to 30,000 they will have to invest in bigger marquees like the original 10,000 capacity Electric Arena (EP 2005 - 2012) or a Crawdaddy size marquee.

Its hard to believe this has passed, could there be another one before the Picnic. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Your friend sounds like a dick

Why?Kids around drunk and drugged adults is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

bigpink wrote: »

Kids having an amazing time looking around with a sense of wonderment, laughing uncontrollably when they see giant eyes in the trees, hugging animals carved out of wood to say goodnight on the way home everynight, having a boogie to Roisìn Murphy, getting high fives from lovely festival goers... that is very ok with me. Memories they will have for a lifetime. They didn't notice if some of the people around them were only so friendly because they might have had a dab or two. It's a festival marketed towards families, there are other festivals if you have some issue with that. Now try to imagine you're a kid again at ATN....

bigpink wrote: »

If adults can't be responsible around children, that's not the children's fault

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

If they are going to increase the size to 30,000 they will have to invest in bigger marquees like the original 10,000 capacity Electric Arena (EP 2005 - 2012) or a Crawdaddy size marquee.

The plan is to double capacity by 5 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Think I'll buy early bird tickets for this next year, any word yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Wouldn't be surprised if they put on tickets before Christmas to get a buzz going but probably early days yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I heard from a good source today that this will be moved to the last weekend in July next year. I hope that does not happen, the b/h monday is very handy.

I heard from a good source today that this will be moved to the last weekend in July next year. I hope that does not happen, the b/h monday is very handy.

Ah really? Was handy booking the Tuesday off work for the recovery..

Ah really? Was handy booking the Tuesday off work for the recovery..

I hope its not true, but it came from two sources ... both well connected. :(

• Advertisement

I hope its not true, but it came from two sources ... both well connected. :(

Not sure any reason why they would really. Unless to avoid clash with Spraoi.. It avoids clashing with Indiependence and Castlepalooza too but realistically probably different crowds and week wouldn't make much of a muchness as doubt many would go to both.. Bit of an odd one but could well be reasons that organisers would know about it.

Would make sense for various reasons from them. 3 other big music festivals and Galway races on that weekend generally, plus Spraoi and a few other Bank Holiday things.

Not sure any reason why they would really. Unless to avoid clash with Spraoi.. It avoids clashing with Indiependence and Castlepalooza too but realistically probably different crowds and week wouldn't make much of a muchness as doubt many would go to both.. Bit of an odd one but could well be reasons that organisers would know about it.

I also heard that Spraoi numbers were up 7% this year. As well as they can estimate anyway.

I agree that it is odd. Indiependence is a different target demographic. I think I read somewhere that Castlepalooza was poorly attended this year. So I wouldnt have seen a need to move.

I am sure we will all still go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Hope they don't move it to the end of July, It'll clash with Knockanstockan then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Bollox, hopefully not. Having the bank holiday to recover is wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Korvanica wrote: »
    Hope they don't move it to the end of July, It'll clash with Knockanstockan then :(
    Exactly this.
    Had planned on taking 2 weeks Thursday to Thursday next year.
    ATN was great this year, but would struggle to pick any festival over Knockanstockan if I'm being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

D.Q wrote: »
    Exactly this.
    Had planned on taking 2 weeks Thursday to Thursday next year.
    ATN was great this year, but would struggle to pick any festival over Knockanstockan if I'm being honest.

Same, Knockanstockan is its own animal and a completely different festival experience to any other one I've been at.

Everyone is an absolute Lunatic there. I love it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Monday. €180.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Monday. €180.

20% increase

Advertisement