Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone able to get the tickets? The page is just spinning it's wheels for me.

They just said on facebook that the installment plan will be working in 45 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

In the early days of BodynSoul, early bird was €99 plus fees. Now fair enough that was around 2012, so a bit more recessionary.
    But still. €180 plus fees, they are getting ahead of themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone able to get the tickets? The page is just spinning it's wheels for me.

The instalment plan doesn't load for me, normal purchase page does

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Think I'm finished with buying tickets for the guts of 200e before lineups are announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I reluctantly bought a campervan ticket .. what is that taste in my mouth? ... oh yes, bitterness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Cool the Jets lads. There has been only good reports coming from ATN so it's enivitable word will spread enough for it to sell out.

Picnic may appear like better value but yer treated like a Ryanair passenger in a lot of ways, how much extra do ya pay on pints insted cans?

And sorry to sound like a snob but when discount tickets came in the amount of scrotes at the picnic went up 3 fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

D.Q wrote: »
    Think I'm finished with buying tickets for the guts of 200e before lineups are announced.

Yeah. I've bought my Primavera ticket for next year for €150, so not only a good bit cheaper but also a pretty high level of comfort around the lineup there.

ATN at €180 is hard to justify.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

lbj666 wrote: »
    Cool the Jets lads. There has been only good reports coming from ATN so it's enivitable word will spread enough for it to sell out.

Picnic may appear like better value but yer treated like a Ryanair passenger in a lot of ways, how much extra do ya pay on pints insted cans?

And sorry to sound like a snob but when discount tickets came in the amount of scrotes at the picnic went up 3 fold.

You can buy a ticket for 33€ spread out over 6 months from this Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Their responses to tweets are amateur stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

To be fair, I do think that the festival is worth 180. That's effectively a tenner extra per day. I saw about 40 acts at ATN this year, thats fairly good value.

But, the fact that there is no loyalty for those that supported the festival in 2018 is what has pissed me off. Even a limited amount of 400 tickets at 150 would be ok ...

Without those people who supported in 2018, there would be no festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Agreed.

Got ticket and camper ticket, but it’s poor optics to not reward the early adopters to some greater extent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hopefully they are reading this thread (they'd be stupid if they weren't) and will take some of this reaction to board.

Have a think chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

To be fair, I do think that the festival is worth 180. That's effectively a tenner extra per day. I saw about 40 acts at ATN this year, thats fairly good value.

But, the fact that there is no loyalty for those that supported the festival in 2018 is what has pissed me off. Even a limited amount of 400 tickets at 150 would be ok ...

Without those people who supported in 2018, there would be no festival.
    Yeah exactly, BnS didnt release much Tier1 at €99 each, but at least it was a few hundred.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

I'm really disappointed in the organisers. I'll probably still go, and probably end up paying full whack because I don't have the money lying around now. I may be more keen to buy them now if they were cheaper.

What has actually annoyed me though is that the organisers are already too big for their boots, and we've only just had the first edition. This type of entitlement and tone in a message screams "WE'RE HERE FOR THE MONEY, we don't care about you" and it stinks.

https://screenshot.click/17-24-6wu8o-etovg.jpg

Another message "No festival in Ireland offers a 6 x instalment plan" - Fair enough, that may be true, but no Irish Festival rips off their loyal first year customers on the second year either. It's kinda left a bad taste in my mouth if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Hopefully they are reading this thread (they'd be stupid if they weren't) and will take some of this reaction to board.

Have a think chaps.

All they are thinking is an extra 5000 people in there and a 20 quid increase on tickets.
    Wont be surprised if they stop the FreeFlow policy.

After all the good buzz and hype after being there and really enjoying it, this is really putting a dampner on it already.
    Greed kills good will. 2 weeks after ATN finished, and they already have the price and attendance hiked up for next year... Goose + Golden Egg.

Day tickets to be introduced next ??? :(

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 fuzzyduck4

Indiependence and Castlepolooza are both on the same weekend as ATN. Surely people wont buy early bird tickets before the lineups are announced for the sake of saving a tenner

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

fuzzyduck4 wrote: »
    Indiependence and Castlepolooza are both on the same weekend as ATN. Surely people wont buy early bird tickets before the lineups are announced for the sake of saving a tenner

And Beatyard, which had a very, very good line up this year and they often do 2 days for 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

feeling a bit sketchy about buying pre line up announcement however POD has never let me down so I bit the bullet.

The only thing that will really p!ss me off would be no-booze in the arena...oh and if the line up was terrible :/

If it looks rubbish nearer to the time I'll just sell

ATN worked because it had a near perfect balance in all aspects for me - you might get a tonne more at EP but I'm done with trekking around and teenagers wrecking my head..

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I'm really disappointed in the organisers. I'll probably still go, and probably end up paying full whack because I don't have the money lying around now. I may be more keen to buy them now if they were cheaper.

What has actually annoyed me though is that the organisers are already too big for their boots, and we've only just had the first edition. This type of entitlement and tone in a message screams "WE'RE HERE FOR THE MONEY, we don't care about you" and it stinks.

Another message "No festival in Ireland offers a 6 x instalment plan" - Fair enough, that may be true, but no Irish Festival rips off their loyal first year customers on the second year either. It's kinda left a bad taste in my mouth if I'm honest.

That person running their twitter is fecking rude.. they'd want to learn some manners...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 fuzzyduck4

Its probably a young fella on work experience, bless their cotton socks:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

You'd have to be demented.
    EP has cultivated a hysterical attitude to festivals in this country. People are so needlessly panicked about missing out.
    ATN was a great weekend. Very relaxed and very lucky with the weather.
    But at the same time, their lineup was devoid of any real marquee draws. I'd find it easier to swallow shelling out that sort of money in blind faith, if I could be guaranteed my money was going on the music.
    Big festivals in Ireland know they can capitalize on the hysteria, make quick money, and then start shaving profit off the top by cutting into the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah. I've bought my Primavera ticket for next year for €150, so not only a good bit cheaper but also a pretty high level of comfort around the lineup there.

ATN at €180 is hard to justify.

There are plenty reasons why we all dont go to European festivals everyyear insted. Primavera and the likes being cheaper is nothing new .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they appear to be doubling-down on this "no other festival has lower prices than us", which is complete bollocks, there's loads of other festivals that are cheaper.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Wow I've never seen the mood in a thread change so quickly :pac:

Bit of a disappointment that prices have gone up but I would say it is worth it in fairness, the real kick in the teeth is that there is no loyalty discount, what is the point in having a loyalty offer at all if it is the same as what everyone else is paying?!

Won't be getting one myself until a lineup is out, I remember Metropolis (POD also run this) had an unbelievable lineup the first year and it has gone downhill big time since, afraid they will do the same for this so I will be holding off buying my ticket for both of the above reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I commented on their Instagram post this morning about the lack of early bird discount and I read a good few similar comments from other people - these comments have all been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hrcbob

greenspurs wrote: »
    All they are thinking is an extra 5000 people in there and a 20 quid increase on tickets.
    Wont be surprised if they stop the FreeFlow policy.

After all the good buzz and hype after being there and really enjoying it, this is really putting a dampner on it already.
    Greed kills good will. 2 weeks after ATN finished, and they already have the price and attendance hiked up for next year... Goose + Golden Egg.

Day tickets to be introduced next ??? :(

If they had capped the crowd at 15k id accept the price hike but in truth they will end up over crowding the venue just because they want to make a few quid.
    The extra numbers from the day tickets on sunday really had the place stretched this year with queues for food and toilets being on the verge of a pain in the ass.
    At 20k that place will feel claustrophobic with the narrow walkways around the house and between stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Exact same reaction in the metropolis thread, I think they went from 99euro year 1, to 149 euro year 2 and a terrible line up

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Free flow will still be in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Whoever is in charge of that twitter account needs to be sacked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Got my tier 1 tickets anyway so no EP for me.

Advertisement