Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

How can they be discounted in the first year? You set a price point and go from there. You can only discount against previous prices.

I think somebody said the early bird tickets last year were €150? Not sure on that as I bought later on, but if they were that was a good price to get people on board and talking about the festival.I don't think they could survive long term selling tickets at that price. They delivered a quality product this year, and you gotta pay for quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Just to day I haven't been on their social media sites so if they are acting like dicks then obviously someone needs to sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

greenspurs wrote: »
    dulux99 wrote: »
    It's barely the price of two pints lads, build a bridge.

Looking forward to 2019!

Good man - enjoy it.

Cos, it wont be the same !!!

I’d say you’re great craic. Longing for yesteryear, which was only 2 weeks ago. It’ll still be a great festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Looking forward to 2019!

Good for you.
    Some don't have your POV and are having a discussion, what's wrong with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Think I'll actually wait until much closer to next year's festival to buy. Want to see the lineup for one thing. But I might also wait until there are some long-range weather forecasts, because August is usually tragic weather-wise.

• Advertisement

erica74 wrote: »

Looking forward to 2019!

Good for you.
    Some don't have your POV and are having a discussion, what's wrong with that?
    Nothing. Everyone's entitled to join in though. My point of view is it seems a bit excessive to be getting worked up over a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I’d say you’re great craic. Longing for yesteryear, which was only 2 weeks ago. It’ll still be a great festival.

???

Do you operate the ATN twitter feed ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PawneeRanger

Good man - enjoy it.

Cos, it wont be the same !!!

It was never going to be the same as year 1 and it's pretty silly to expect it to be. This isn't a private event for those of us who took the chance this year. It's going to get bigger and the organisers will be looking to make a profit. It's business.

It's a €30 increase. The reaction is ridiculous. You'd swear they'd doubled the prices the way people are carrying on.

I'm happy to pay that for 3 nights in a fabulous surrounding. Sure, I'll hope the vibe is similar but I'm not going to be devastated if it isn't.

Don't like what they're doing, don't go.

Nothing. Everyone's entitled to join in though. My point of view is it seems a bit excessive to be getting worked up over a tenner.

I think people are also "worked up" over ATN's handling of genuine questions and concerns on social media, a 180 on their social media presence prior to the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MJohnston wrote: »
    Said this back in my review of 2018 and feck me, I didn't expect to be proven right quite so soon.

Price increases are one thing, their attitude on Twitter belies a complete lack of empathy with festival goers and a money-grabbing attitude. I'm not saying it would destroy the weekend, it could still be excellent, but for me it just exposes what POD are really after with this.

The campervan passes are possibly the best example of this - they overbooked it this year, didn't leave any space for awnings, banned gas canisters. All of these things are completely unlike any other festival I've been to in Ireland, even including EP! And yet, they're somehow deigning to increase the price of a campervan pass by 10 euro? Fück right off.

This wasn't enforced.

• Advertisement

its 30 quid more this year than last year (2 weeks ago) .....

I paid 150 in the Tier 1 presale for ATN18 - its 180 for ATN19 .......

I think people are also "worked up" over ATN's handling of genuine questions and concerns on social media, a 180 on their social media presence prior to the festival.

Yeah the tone isn't great. But the way some of these "concerns" are being presented is a bit over the top. I'm not sure what response from them would be acceptable to those outraged by the price.

It's a very small increase to a ticket price for a great festival that probably ran at a loss this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

its 30 quid more this year than last year (2 weeks ago) .....

I paid 150 in the Tier 1 presale for ATN18 - its 180 for ATN19 .......

Or to put it in relative terms, its a 20% increase on early bird tickets last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Maybe step back and look at it from festival promoter pov.. They took the bigger risk starting up a new festival this year, sold discounted tickets last year to get people interested, prob made a loss this year. But they delivered the goods, we were all full of praise after the event. Maybe now it's our turn to say hey yeah that was a great festival, we'll gladly pay a little extra this year just so it can keep on the go. If you were at work and delivered a project ahead of expectation would you not expect a little thanks!

Agree with this for the most part, just bought a ticket for next year.

Possibly ran at a loss this year, if the price bump means they can give us the same festival experience next year while staying in the black & possibly beefing up the lineup then i'm grand with it.

As long as it's not an annual thing.

Agree with this for the most part, just bought a ticket for next year.

Possibly ran at a loss this year, if the price bump means they can give us the same festival experience next year while staying in the black & possibly beefing up the lineup then i'm grand with it.

As long as it's not an annual thing.

Of course it will be !!
    Increase price + increase capacity ..... (ala ElectricPicnic etc etc ..... )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Or to put it in relative terms, its a 20% increase on early bird tickets last year.

20% increase in price, 33% increase in capacity.. If there is an equal increase in quality of the lineup I would be happy to pay the extra for a ticket. My fear is they will up the price and the lineup won't improve!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Here look, I don't think anyone is actually outraged, and it seems that those on here who have opinions on the pricing still appreciate it's about running a business. No one is saying it's not.

I'm going to back out of here now because I've expressed my opinion several times and Im fed up defending my point which tbh isn't even that strong an opinion to begin with.
    I feel iffy about the way the PR team handled this and that is my right. It'll be my decision wether or not that sways me to buy a ticket for ATN19 or not.

I hate the way this forum sometimes puts words in other peoples mouths that they haven't said, or how some posters disregard other peoples opinions. The point of a forum is to discuss things, right?

Ugh. The whole thing has put me in a bad mood, so ye all enjoy b*tching about it and each other and I will leave ye to it.

Maybe see ya at ATN19!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Lads for the most part POD are an Irish operation they do no have the portfolio of festivals across Europe like Festival Republic , they do not have the portfolio or outdoor gigs like MCD or Aiken have.

Running a camping festival is high risk and pod are not a massive operation and can't balance the profits and losses on festivals like FR can, as a result they can't nessecarily be as agrressive in the pricing as EP can.

If you think POD are greedy , look at Aiken and MCD they ditched camping festivals long ago.

This wasn't enforced.

I know it wasn't. In fact security at the campervan site was absolutely laughable (nobody checked I had a campervan pass, for example, which was a disgrace). But it's a stipulation they have in their rules which no other festival I've been to does - and some people will follow that rule.

Either way, there's absolutely no justification for increasing the price of the campervan passes, none at all. They know they can make a few thousand extra off of it, and that's what they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Got a campervan ticket anyway............jusht in case...........need to give me a decent headliner now.......are you listening ATN...............

• Advertisement

Yeah the tone isn't great. But the way some of these "concerns" are being presented is a bit over the top. I'm not sure what response from them would be acceptable to those outraged by the price.

It's a very small increase to a ticket price for a great festival that probably ran at a loss this year.

Okay, I don't see any "outrage", I'm not sure why people keep using that word. I have posted on their Instagram commenting on the lack of early bird discount and they deleted my post, and a number of others. That's not a "response".

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Well I've booked me and my campervan in for next year. And while I agree with some of what people here are saying, if I'm honest I expected the increases. Roll on next year.

Okay, I don't see any "outrage", I'm not sure why people keep using that word. I have posted on their Instagram commenting on the lack of early bird discount and they deleted my post, and a number of others. That's not a "response".

Don't agree with deleting comments at all. Bad practice. But I also think the giving out about the price is unreasonable.

Why are they obligated to give an early bird discount though? The people signed up for the pre-sale have access to Tier 1 tickets before they go on general sale to the masses. What would have been acceptable to you?

And tbqh considering what we got over three nights this year, I think the tickets were very cheap.

If people don't want to pay it, don't.
    Given the rave reviews it got this year I would expect them to have good sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

20% increase in price, 33% increase in capacity.. If there is an equal increase in quality of the lineup I would be happy to pay the extra for a ticket. My fear is they will up the price and the lineup won't improve!

This is exactly my feeling. The 180 prices me out of buying without a lineup.

Why are they obligated to give an early bird discount though?

Nobody is obligated to anything. People are always going to give out, especially on Twitter. You don't see the organisers of Body&Soul or Knockanstockan responding the way ATN are though.

As for an early-bird discount, they are giving an early bird discount (ie. Tier 1 tickets are early-birds). Nobody is complaining that they aren't, they're complaining that the 2019 early bird tickets are costing the same as the 2018 Final Tier tickets.

I think a 2018 attendance discount on top of that would have been a cool and nice thing for them to have done. I'm not arguing that a loyalty discount for the rest of time is necessary, but people who went in 2018 took a gamble on a brand new festival and there's something in that that should be rewarded imo.

At the very least, they shouldn't be responded to with snark and dismissal on Twitter.
    And tbqh considering what we got over three nights this year, I think the tickets were very cheap.

I don't think I agree they were very cheap in 2018, I think they were reasonably priced. Perhaps even a touch on the high side given that 'brand new festival' thing.
    If people don't want to pay it, don't.
    Given the rave reviews it got this year I would expect them to have good sales.

Equally, if you don't want to read people complain, don't.

Lol...gladly.

I have my tickets and I'm looking forward to what will hopefully be a good time.

Enjoy the whinging :)

Lol...gladly.

I have my tickets and I'm looking forward to what will hopefully be a good time.

Meow.

Lol...gladly.

I'll see you there.

If ATN 2019 is even half as much craic as ATN 2018 then the price increase will be well worth it imo. Plus I'm an optimist, I like to think that the increase in ticket prices will equal a stronger lineup. Maybe I'm naive but here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Social media snark aside, I don't mind the price increase, it was expected to be honest.
    The early bird instalment plan doesn't make any financial sense for them either (I doubt they have the cash reserves so need it upfront) so I can see why that ain't happening.
    The free flow makes a massive difference to the overall cost of the weekend compared to EP, and the vibe is much better.

Still not going to buy a ticket until I see a lineup though :D

Has the capacity increase been confirmed anywhere?

• Advertisement

Has the capacity increase been confirmed anywhere?

I'd say the capacity will be whatever amount of tickets they are able to sell. They definitely want to hit 30k asap, whether it's this year or not I dunno.

Advertisement