Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Can't we a get along?! Haha tbh I think people like me who are a bit disappointed want to support and see festival do well but there's no real incentive to buy early now. Most will probably go anyways just a case of when they buy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

The early bird instalment plan doesn't make any financial sense for them either (I doubt they have the cash reserves so need it upfront) so I can see why that ain't happening.

Still not going to buy a ticket until I see a lineup though :D

Has the capacity increase been confirmed anywhere?

The purpose of the Early Bird is possibly as much to discourage people to avoid buying early EP tickets and locking them in to that choice. ATN want to get people in before they choose another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I didn't make it this year, would have loved to have gone. That being said, if I was starting a festival I'd do exactly as they did, price it cheaply year 1, get great feedback, increase price a little in year 2.
    I took about 5 years did it not for there to be a loyalty discount for EP? And that only when the downturn bit hard or is my memory playing tricks on me?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

The purpose of the Early Bird is possibly as much to discourage people to avoid buying early EP tickets and locking them in to that choice. ATN want to get people in before they choose another option.

I think that is a lot of the reason behind it.. EP2019 will be on sale in 3-4 weeks so it's making people think about ATN maybe instead of EP for next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Not happy with the increase but Tier 1 next year is the same as I paid for final tier tickets this year. No interest in paying more and if the line up doesn't suit it should be easy enough to sell Tier 1 tickets at face value. If they end up with less people as a result of going greedy then that's fine by me too. General camping was too packed anyway.

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    Not happy with the increase but Tier 1 next year is the same as I paid for final tier tickets this year. No interest in paying more and if the line up doesn't suit it should be easy enough to sell Tier 1 tickets at face value. If they end up with less people as a result of going greedy then that's fine by me too. General camping was too packed anyway.

You see I wouldn't even risk having to sell on a ticket, especially when it probably won't sell out. Grand you might get someone to buy but of a risk all the same. I'd rather just pay the extra few Bob when line up is out

There'll be a sweet spot right after the line up comes out where if I have a couple of tickets that'll save people 20 quid who'd be interested in going I wouldn't have a problem shifting them. Certainly as the date grows closer and more people cancel it would become harder to sell them at what it cost me but I'll know by then if I want to go or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Does anyone know what the story was with the teepees in the family camping area this year? There was just a handful of them but didn't see anything about boutique family camping when I was buying tickets.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There were teepees and at least 1 bell tent in the normal camping too. Some people buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Weepsie wrote: »
    There were teepees and at least 1 bell tent in the normal camping too. Some people buy them.

No there were like 6 of them exactly the same all next to each other so definitely not brought by punters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

No there were like 6 of them exactly the same all next to each other so definitely not brought by punters

Saw those myself, they were definitely boutique types. Pretty sure they oversold or overestimated the space available. They did the same thing with the campervan site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Does anyone know what the story was with the teepees in the family camping area this year? There was just a handful of them but didn't see anything about boutique family camping when I was buying tickets.

Yeah saw them was thinking they might be for staff maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Yeah the tone isn't great. But the way some of these "concerns" are being presented is a bit over the top. I'm not sure what response from them would be acceptable to those outraged by the price.

It's a very small increase to a ticket price for a great festival that probably ran at a loss this year.
    It's a 20% increase, that's hardly "very small"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

We stayed with podpads this year and as a gesture of goodwill, they're offering 2018 podpad prices for 2019 to anyone who stayed with them this year. They're open for bookings on Monday and this loyalty offer is available until the end of August. Now, yes, that's a short period of time but it is a kind gesture from the first year. ATN could have done something similar just until the end of August as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

How the feck can ye all afford to be buying tickets for next year just after the blow out from this year, I assume some of ye have jobs and can therefore afford this. Hopefully I'll be doing advance volunteering for 2019 so will be down there for the bones of a week but just getting it together to pay the ticket bond when you are weekend volunteering can be a real struggle. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that for EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

How the feck can ye all afford to be buying tickets for next year just after the blow out from this year, I assume some of ye have jobs and can therefore afford this. Hopefully I'll be doing advance volunteering for 2019 so will be down there for the bones of a week but just getting it together to pay the ticket bond when you are weekend volunteering can be a real struggle. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that for EP.

I would say it’s a fair assumption that most people would have jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BaZmO* wrote: »

It’s still an expensive business buying tickets so far in advance but it really depends on how many gigs you are going to I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I spent 20 euro on alcohol over the weekend at ATN.
    Spent far far more on food but being able to bring cans in from the campsite made it's a really cheap weekend.

I try to spread my festival spending out over a few months so it's not a big bang outlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Ticket Bond? Is that a returnable fee if you show up for all your volunteering duties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

BaZmO* wrote: »

I think most of us would be looking at doing three eight-hour volunteer shifts DURING the festival and wondering why anyone would do so.

• Advertisement

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Ticket Bond? Is that a returnable fee if you show up for all your volunteering duties?

Yup thats the one

I think most of us would be looking at doing three eight-hour volunteer shifts DURING the festival and wondering why anyone would do so.

Its the only way I can afford to do the festivals at the moment as I'm on the dole and I don't get paid for the journalism as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Time for an ATN 2019 thread?

You can tell the difference between this and EP. Always someone who gets a big grin on and has the next EP thread up while theyre still in the car park of the previous one. ATN all chill about the next thread.

Toast wrote: »
    You can tell the difference between this and EP. Always someone who gets a big grin on and has the next EP thread up while theyre still in the car park of the previous one. ATN all chill about the next thread.

I agree leave it at least till Late December, January or early February, normally about the time the details about festivals are launched in then the lineup details either in March or early April. As truth be told the EP 2018 is nearing 10,000 posts and will need a new thread before the festival actually happens.

Will be interesting to see how long will Tier 1 be on sale for, whether it will be a for a set time or is it X amount of tickets set aside say.. Never really that much transparency with these tiers I find..

Happy to sit on it until there's music out. Guess you'd be talking early spring for that. Not sure there will be much speculation in the meantime for a new thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Tier one long gone. Doubt there'll be any at that price for general sale.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Tier one long gone. Doubt there'll be any at that price for general sale.

Are tier one not in general sale this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Eod100 wrote: »
    Are tier one not in general sale this morning?
    They are yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

They are yes

And are now unavailable, tier 2 is live.

Wonder what the allocation for tier 1 was

Advertisement