Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

MJohnston wrote: »
    The campervan tickets have all sold out already anyway. Makes me about 80% less likely to go next year tbh as I was waiting on a lineup to get one.
    Shite!  That rules me out too :(

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

The campervan tickets have all sold out already anyway. Makes me about 80% less likely to go next year tbh as I was waiting on a lineup to get one.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Stillill42 wrote: »
    hi all

still struggling with the EP v ATN issue...

how was Tangerine Fields.....
    Did anyone stay in the blackout tents? can you sleep in them?
    One of my big issues is the impossibility of sleeping at EP
    the tents get mad hot by about 10am
    Im a mid 40s "reveller" and while im there to have a blast
    I do need a bit of kip, im no use if im really tired!
    i invariably stay up til around 5am every night
    thinking that i'll just sleep late but I never can
    between the oven hot tents and soundchecking,
    then i'm well tired all weekend!

I believe that TF wasnt a patch on pink moon
    are the toilets decent, any chance of getting a shower?
    have you a bit of room to yourself or are the tents
    on top of each other? i thought PM's toilets and showers
    were excellent this year, no manky, dark, filty portaloos

any other thoughts/comment welcome,
    i was very much on board for ATN next year instead of EP
    but i fear it wont match up to EP, particularly the line up,
    this year was my 8th EP and im enjoying it more every year
    despite the larger crowds and the increasing shift in music away from what i like
    (the boards thread is a god-sent really gets me excited for it)

I was sold on the older crowd at ATN but in reality ive no real issue with the EP crowd
    apart from the crowd bargers, but i reckon you'll get a**holes anywhere and its not age specific

cheers
    Would you consider off site? I stayed in a cottage in Piltown (8 or 9 km away?)with my missus, my sister and brother in law, 320 between us for the weekend. I know some people had a nightmare with the taxis but a kind local Boardsie pointed me in the direction of a local taxi guy who looked after us for the duration. Great sleeps, fancy shower, very little hassle getting on and off site.

I know it's not the same as being on site but as a fellow oul lad, the creature comforts do help. And the price of the boutique stuff does seem to getting fairly ludicrous. If they managed to get a bit more space, I'd chance the normal camping there. The crowd were very civilised last year.

Where was taxi pick up? Portlaw or festival site?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Where was taxi pick up? Portlaw or festival site?

Portlaw. Regular busses from site to village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Yep rules me out also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'm sure campervan tickets will be up for sale closer to the time. I know of a couple that accidentally bought two. They'll be selling one on Toutless. Not in any rush at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

hi all

still struggling with the EP v ATN issue...

how was Tangerine Fields.....
    Did anyone stay in the blackout tents? can you sleep in them?
    One of my big issues is the impossibility of sleeping at EP
    the tents get mad hot by about 10am
    Im a mid 40s "reveller" and while im there to have a blast
    I do need a bit of kip, im no use if im really tired!
    i invariably stay up til around 5am every night
    thinking that i'll just sleep late but I never can
    between the oven hot tents and soundchecking,
    then i'm well tired all weekend!

I believe that TF wasnt a patch on pink moon
    are the toilets decent, any chance of getting a shower?
    have you a bit of room to yourself or are the tents
    on top of each other? i thought PM's toilets and showers
    were excellent this year, no manky, dark, filty portaloos

any other thoughts/comment welcome,
    i was very much on board for ATN next year instead of EP
    but i fear it wont match up to EP, particularly the line up,
    this year was my 8th EP and im enjoying it more every year
    despite the larger crowds and the increasing shift in music away from what i like
    (the boards thread is a god-sent really gets me excited for it)

I was sold on the older crowd at ATN but in reality ive no real issue with the EP crowd
    apart from the crowd bargers, but i reckon you'll get a**holes anywhere and its not age specific

cheers

Hey Fourmations - you're a reveller in your 40s me in my 50s - and I'm gutted I couldn't get my EP ticket as I wanted to book Festihut again - I too love my sleep - and we had a few selfish late night party people in a hut nearby who kept yapping and shouting way into the breaking of the dawn - and you can't sleep in with sound checks. I'm going to ITAV festival again next year - this is a proper adult festival - i.e. Trabolgan Holiday Village in Cork Harbour - everyone stays in an actual "house" which means bedrooms/kitchen/sofas/tvs/bathroom/shower/self catering or eat out at cafes/pop ups/no getting wet/no wellies required as everything is based in the main square which is under cover. Also, fab "house parties" of brill gigs in a house. Of course if you do want to get wet it's by choice in the heated swimming pool with wave machine where they had Pool Parties. There were beach walks/mini-golf/football. Seriously if you like your comforts, a great camaraderie between artists/crew/villagers it's the only way to go - it was April this year - will be weekend of May 10th next year - and some announcements coming up soon. (There are also camper van spaces) But oh the bliss of not being smelly/mud splattered and parking the car right infront of the house - so no carrying miles :D Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Judes wrote: »
    Hey Fourmations - you're a reveller in your 40s me in my 50s - and I'm gutted I couldn't get my EP ticket as I wanted to book Festihut again - I too love my sleep - and we had a few selfish late night party people in a hut nearby who kept yapping and shouting way into the breaking of the dawn - and you can't sleep in with sound checks. I'm going to ITAV festival again next year - this is a proper adult festival - i.e. Trabolgan Holiday Village in Cork Harbour - everyone stays in an actual "house" which means bedrooms/kitchen/sofas/tvs/bathroom/shower/self catering or eat out at cafes/pop ups/no getting wet/no wellies required as everything is based in the main square which is under cover. Also, fab "house parties" of brill gigs in a house. Of course if you do want to get wet it's by choice in the heated swimming pool with wave machine where they had Pool Parties. There were beach walks/mini-golf/football. Seriously if you like your comforts, a great camaraderie between artists/crew/villagers it's the only way to go - it was April this year - will be weekend of May 10th next year - and some announcements coming up soon. (There are also camper van spaces) But oh the bliss of not being smelly/mud splattered and parking the car right infront of the house - so no carrying miles :D Can't wait.

thanks, never even heard of it, sounds interesting!
    will do a bit of reading up on it, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

^^ That sounds like some of the Butlins events.
    Bigweekends.com

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    ^^ That sounds like some of the Butlins events.
    Bigweekends.com

Hi Suckit - no it's nothing like the Butlin's Big Weekends - it's a proper festival - Bands/DJs/Spoken Word/Revellers etc. etc. just happens to be held in Trabolgan which is a Holiday Village like Butlins vs. a muddy camp site - so it's a much more civilised experience - soooooo friendly - couldn't fault it. It's run by the guys who are "The Good Room" - some of my highlights ……... The Young Fathers - WOW, Oh-Pep at a House Party event, Roger Doyle with Kevin Barry reading from one of his novels to the background music of Doyle. David Keenan. Saint Sister. Landless. Cormac Lally and Julie Goo - incredible poets - so fun oops and Stan Nottes there too. I loved the DJs in the Pop Up square, so I could sip my coffee or jump up and dance - it was just so friendly, so fun, so easy. Roll on the first announcements. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Hi Suckit - no it's nothing like the Butlin's Big Weekends - it's a proper festival - Bands/DJs/Spoken Word/Revellers etc. etc. just happens to be held in Trabolgan which is a Holiday Village like Butlins vs. a muddy camp site - so it's a much more civilised experience - soooooo friendly - couldn't fault it. It's run by the guys who are "The Good Room" - some of my highlights ……... The Young Fathers - WOW, Oh-Pep at a House Party event, Roger Doyle with Kevin Barry reading from one of his novels to the background music of Doyle. David Keenan. Saint Sister. Landless. Cormac Lally and Julie Goo - incredible poets - so fun oops and Stan Nottes there too. I loved the DJs in the Pop Up square, so I could sip my coffee or jump up and dance - it was just so friendly, so fun, so easy. Roll on the first announcements. :)

That actually sounds really good, how have I not heard of it before, will definitely look it up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

It looks great. Surprisingly good lineup. Would definitely be interested.

Was pleasantly surprised by the line up too if next years one is anything like it I would definitely consider buying a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, will be keeping an eye on that myself now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yeah but its ridiculously expensive, poster above has failed to mention

Well considering your getting a house for the weekend I wouldn't say it is ridiculously expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

maximoose wrote: »
    Yep, will be keeping an eye on that myself now!

Any idea of ticket and accommodation prices? I'm assuming pricey enough since it's houses

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

How much money are we talking... ticket accommodation etc?

No you got it wrong - its very cheap - you don't buy a ticket you just pay to be in the house - you are a resident for the weekend - so the house cost is divided per person so the most it could cost is about €259 per person and that is for EVERYTHING - the festival, use of all facilities like swimming pool etc. and accommodation - therefore - it's got to be one of the cheapest festivals - and you can do your own self catering if you want to make it really cheap - so I think it's fantastic value. I paid €230 for EP ticket then my share of festihut was €212.50 - then I had to walk miles with my stuff which nearly broke my back. Slept

in a bunk bed and got wet at the Garbage set. And also when Kendrick was playing. I probably spent another €100 on food. And more on drink. So between everything my trip to EP adding petrol blah blah blah having to buy rain coats and replace lost welly boots etc. I reckon closer to €700 - and I haven't even added alcohol to that. And in ITAV there are proper sit down bars too. April 2018 was the first - and 2019 will be the second - it's like the best kept secret. Read up IT TAKES A VILLAGE 2019 just to see all the details on houses booking etc. you pay a deposit to secure house and then all your mates divide cost per person. You can have houses for 3 people - and I think it goes up to about 9 in a house. Seriously - it's a no brainer. :)

SEE BELOW I JUST COPIED FROM SITE & PASTED
    A 3 day live in music festival on the edge of the Atlantic coast
    150 houses // 35 camper van sites // 121 acre site on the East Cork coast / 3 main stages // Pop up gigs // Swimming pool // 5 a side soccer // Par 3 golf course // Go karts // Arcade // Pool parties // Bowling // Zip line // Secret stuff + WAY MORE!!
    Weekend festival tickets include 3 nights accommodation + private parkingin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Mate, we get it. It's amazing.
    If you love it so much why don't you marry it? (or you know, maybe start a ITAV 2019 thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

..got wet at the Garbage set...

Shirley was on stage, we were all a little moist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

If you love it so much why don't you marry it? (or you know, maybe start a ITAV 2019 thread).

Touch on the harsh side there I think. Was a response to a qs about camping after a certain age and a lot of people have been all over it since!

Shirley was on stage, we were all a little moist

Scruff you're a baddddddd boy :D

Thundercats a Go...…………….. (or not as it would seem).

Apologies if I have some how offended thee Thundercats - if you are involved in the Organisation of ATN - congratulations - I believe it was an amazing festival - and as it was the first time fantastic it was such a success. I will try and attend in 2019 - but only a day pass - as I don't do roughing it - or mud baths - I like comfort at a festival - to me it's about fun, friendships, good music, spoken word and food.

I got caught up in the Festival Spirit and as ITAV is one of the first festivals of 2019 (well summer any how as it's held in May) I may have been over enthusiastic in talking about this festival - that other Posters queried - having not heard of it - as it is a smaller festival than ATN.

It in no way intrudes on ATN as it's held months before it.

And yes - I will start an ITAV Thread, good idea - I'll wait until first announcements. (I did start one last year)

Of course, the most important thing to note is that as a more mature festival goer - who LOVES her comforts (and that is what I was stressing) it is also specified as an OVER 21s festival.

No young uns or Ooomah Loompahs attending this.

Maybe you're too young for this type of festival and mindset - hence your reaction to my enthusiasm :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I think the reaction is just that you're taking this thread about ATN very much off-topic, when you could create a new thread about It Takes a Village.

By the way, ATN is also an over-21s only festival.

I accept that Johnson - my lips are sealed.

But I'd like to know about day passes for ATN? I'd be driving up from Cork and therefore, happy to go in/out for the day. So how do I go about getting this type of ticket?

Many thanks. J

By the way, ATN is also an over-21s only festival.

Sorry - that's incorrect as my friends were there with their children - so not Over 21s...………...

• Advertisement

Sorry - that's incorrect as my friends were there with their children - so not Over 21s...………...

Meh, it's still what the majority of people would consider an "over 21s festival" to be honest.

Ironically, I would consider "over 21s and no children" to indicate a less relaxed event than "over 21s and children".

Advertisement