Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

As a Waterfordian, I was delighted to hear about this great big new music festival in our midst..but...that's Spraoi weekend in Waterford. Don't see any synergies having these 2 big events on so close at the same time. Just going to eat each others lunch. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

As a Waterfordian, I was delighted to hear about this great big new music festival in our midst..but...that's Spraoi weekend in Waterford. Don't see any synergies having these 2 big events on so close at the same time. Just going to eat each others lunch. Pity.

Spraoi is involved with the festival too, so the parade will probably get extended to the festival win win :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Whats Spraoi? Never heard of it. Do people come from all over the country for it? I doubt it will have much of an effect on this fest, I think tickets will sell out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MadYaker wrote: »
    Whats Spraoi? Never heard of it. Do people come from all over the country for it? I doubt it will have much of an effect on this fest, I think tickets will sell out tomorrow.

Spraoi are similar to Galway's Macnas, big parade theatrical dudes with big paper mache creatures, I think Spraoi are a much bigger act though. As far as I know I think Spraoi will probably be doing the decor designs for the festival.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ah thats cool. If they worked with the festival it would be awesome. I hope the site is nice. The Stradbaly estate is an amazing site for a fest so i doubt it'll be as nice as that but we can hope

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Two tier one tickets in the claw, yeow! See ye there lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Boardsies Campsite ? :D:D :P

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Still tier one tickets going, yuss! Excite!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Campervan ticket sorted yipppeeee :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Camper ticket finally sorted - after multiple timeouts at the card verify stage.

Edit: despite multiple timeout messages at the end of the card verify stage on ticketmaster, I’ve now inadvertently got, not one, but two tickets. So I guess I’ll be looking to offload the unwanted second ticket once I get it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Are tier 1 gone already?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

They've just posted on Facebook that tier 1 and 2 are sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

I could only get tier 2 tickets at 910 by the time the bloody thing loaded. I was buying 4 though.

Very excited now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Tier2 family still available at €159. Buy one of them and pretend you forgot the kids at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Tier2 family still available at €159. Buy one of them and pretend you forgot the kids at the gate.

It would only give you access to the family campsite so I'd imagine they would be strict about it being family's only.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The price bump from tier 1 to 2 is fine thou, 10 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

MadYaker wrote: »
    Ah thats cool. If they worked with the festival it would be awesome. I hope the site is nice. The Stradbaly estate is an amazing site for a fest so i doubt it'll be as nice as that but we can hope

I can confirm It's beautiful up there and It's the ideal setting to hold something like this. It will definitely give stradbally a run for its money! Thinking of the trenchtown and the rave in the woods areas I'm not sure will there be similar areas to it as the actual woods are further back to where the festival site seems to be but there are nice little spots up there! It's going to be brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Never been to a festival where I could take the kids before. I know you can’t enter family campsite if you have no kids with you but can you take kids to other campsites if you want? Have a few mates camping in normal parts be nice to be able to go laze at their tent for a bit.

Anyone any experience of this normally works?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I think we could see Fun loving criminals added at some stage, They are playing up in Inverness the same week. 
    Primal scream are playing the same festival and they are doing indiependence in cork. Think ATN will get a few from that inverness line up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Don’t bring the kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Jaysus, they're going quickly! I was on at 9.25 and could only get installment plan tics. Love the look of the place, some great stuff on the line-up already, between this and EP, I'll be like a child at Christmas come the Summer.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

bigpink wrote: »
    Don’t bring the kids

:rolleyes: why not?

How do I not know Saul Williams? He sounds amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Stillill42 wrote: »
    How do I not know Saul Williams? He sounds amazing.

This is my favourite part. The research. Getting on Spotify and finding new favourite acts.

He is great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

:rolleyes: why not?

Get bored.And around adults on a heavy weekend of drink and drugs
    I hate seeing kids being dragged around EP and body&soul and deffo late in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

bigpink wrote: »
    Get bored.And around adults on a heavy weekend of drink and drugs
    I hate seeing kids being dragged around EP and body&soul and deffo late in the evening

This is one that definitely divides opinion....

Our kids have been with us at the last 6 Body and Souls. They love it - boredom is not something we’ve had an issue with. Getting tired and emotional from all the excitement can be... and that’s just me and the Mrs :)

So it can be the very best of times, but there will be tears too - and for us the smiles have always won over the tears. And when it pours rain, having our kids with us is a blessing - they don’t give a sh1t, love the mud and puddles and keep our spirits up.

It changes the experience for sure as the only way to enjoy it is to prioritize the kids and what they are finding fun.

There’d be a revolution if we tried not bringing them - the battles over going to EP without them is enough to be dealing with!

Am happy to answer questions re our experience with kids at BnS via PM

I would agree with the “late in the evening” point for sure. You do need to be especially mindful of where you are with kids once it gets dark

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

danois wrote: »
    Never been to a festival where I could take the kids before. I know you can’t enter family campsite if you have no kids with you but can you take kids to other campsites if you want? Have a few mates camping in normal parts be nice to be able to go laze at their tent for a bit.

Anyone any experience of this normally works?

You can bring your kids to the main campsites at Body&Soul or EP - I wouldn’t recommend camping there with them but no problem visiting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

You can bring your kids to the main campsites at Body&Soul or EP - I wouldn’t recommend camping there with them but no problem visiting

Ah no I wouldn’t camp there deffo prefer to stay in family camping just nice to visit. My only experience of camping at a festival was Creamfields!! Deffo not one for the kids. The kids coming are aged 11 and 12/3 and a 5 year old. They will deffo be the priority and there’s 4 adults going so when kids need a break we will take turns having a chill out at campsite with them. I’m really looking forward to it now :)

You'd have to imagine that the carnage associated with General camping from Oxegen to EP and everything in between will be much reduced down here, what with the age limit and the 10,000 capacity. I'm not bringing the childer myself but I did at least give it serious thought. I wouldn't take them to EP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement