Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

This post has been deleted.
    I'd give it time, Fizzlesticks. I'd be shocked if something wasn't announced closer to the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

There's no concert buses from Dublin, so it seems. Would enough people from here be interested in chipping in for a 15 seater mini bus hire?

I'd recommend the train to Waterford aswel, 90 mins and there will be plenty buses from waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Have my own ATN 2018 playlist going on Spotify, and it may as well just be a gorgeous chill-out atmospheric instrumental album. Black Maribou and Grandbrothers are lovely, not to mention Mogwai and Nils Frahm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

MattD wrote: »
    Have my own ATN 2018 playlist going on Spotify, and it may as well just be a gorgeous chill-out atmospheric instrumental album. Black Maribou and Grandbrothers are lovely, not to mention Mogwai and Nils Frahm.

Ooh nice... will you share it? :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

I suppose hiring your own transport would bring you out to the site, whereas all the Bus routes terminate in the City. Curraghmore House/Portlaw village are approx 19kms from tWaterford. There is a local service, Suirview Bus, which goes to Portlaw. They depart from a stop just beside the Bus Éireann depot.

The train is good and you just cross the bridge and are in town. About ten minutes from the Suirway stop.

From Dublin there are three very regular bus services to Waterford city:
    Bus Éireann from Busaras.
    Dublin Coach from Burgh Quay.
    j.J.Kavanaghs Rapid Express from Georges Quay.

As someone also mentioned, the Spraoi Festival is on in the City same weekend. It kicks off after lunch on the Friday. Probably will not affect most Festivalgoers. But Saturday and Sunday are hectic and town is madly busy and lots of traffic from surrounding areas heading in. Maybe up to 50,000 here Sunday night for Parade and fireworks. Monday is normally very quiet after all the fun. So getting away shouldn’t be too bad.

I’m sure that nearer the time the organizers might do something with transport or maybe just a shuttle bus from town out to the festival

I agree with previous posters. Curraghmore is a beautiful, idyllic place ;lovely backdrop of scenery. I think you will all love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

As far as I know , think on their site said there would be shuttle busses from Waterford train station to festival site.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

On the off chance you haven't had the privilege, check out Frahm's cover of 'the lord is out of control' - it's exquisite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Is it too early to have a wishlist for the second announcement??

I'd love to see any of these added:
    - Slowdive, Real Estate, Frankie Cosmos, Sylvan Esso, ASIWYFA. Charli 2NA. Django Django.

Have no idea how realistic any of those are gonna be though.

ASIWYFA are doing Indiependence the same weekend as ATN, though I don't know if that helps or hurts the chances of them going to Waterford!

My (slightly realistic, I think!) wish list:

Janelle Monae
    Carseat Headrest
    Overhead the Albatross
    Public Service Broadcasting

ASIWYFA are doing Indiependence the same weekend as ATN, though I don't know if that helps or hurts the chances of them going to Waterford!

Janelle Monae
    Carseat Headrest
    Overhead the Albatross
    Oh nice one, I'll take that.

Janelle Monae
    Carseat Headrest
    Overhead the Albatross

They would be class . Jannelle Monae is fupping class!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Janelle Monae
    Carseat Headrest
    Overhead the Albatross

caveat:
    /me drunk in Barcelona

This is a great list. I would like to see any of these acts, although I think Janelle Monae is unrealistic although i loved her at EP 4/5 years ago

... but how about Fvck Buttons or Blanck Mass solo* .. to blow your mind.

*ideally playing Mogwai remixes.. something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Senor Chang

The boutique camping info is up. Still doesn't work from the website menu but if you scroll down to the bottom of the home page and click there you'll get it. Don't think I'm able to post a link

Random act but would love to see ROE added, she's been announced for Body and Soul and said this summer will be a busy one so here's hoping.

Do you think we could expect one surprise big act in another announcement? The likes of alt-J etc.. wishful thinking?

(I still haven't booked a ticket, nor got anyone to go with yet, why am I acting like I have? :o)

I've never done boutique camping, mainly because it's very hard to justify the cost. Fair enough if you count the ticket as just for music and have separate costs for staying over but any festival I've been to the cost of boutique seemed very very expensive for what it is. Anyone who's done it know much about the pros and cons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Eod100 wrote: »
    I've never done boutique camping, mainly because it's very hard to justify the cost. Fair enough if you count the ticket as just for music and have separate costs for staying over but any festival I've been to the cost of boutique seemed very very expensive for what it is. Anyone who's done it know much about the pros and cons?

I've done it the last few years at EP and could never go back to normal camping. Nicer showers and toilets go a long way! Everything is set up for you and it's easy to find your tent. You dont have people tripping over your tent because the area is laid out quite well with decent space between tents. They had their own bar at EP, so it was nice to get a cold pint or 2 in before getting stuck into warm cans.

The crowd was a lot nicer but tbh, it might be a nice crowd at this in normal camping anyway. Security is good, separate wristbands to get in and never saw any trouble.

I'm definitely doing it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

blaa85 wrote: »
    I've done it the last few years at EP and could never go back to normal camping.

My better half insisted on boutique camping after a particularly rough campsite experience in EP a few years back. It’s ridiculously overpriced for what it is, but I can see why people pay for the peace of mind. We’ll be using a camper for a festival for the first time at ATN - which I’m hoping makes for civilized accommodation at a more sensible cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Anyone stayed in Tangerine Fields at a festival before?

Says on their site that all Tangerine Fields customers will have access to the main festival campsite toilet and shower facilities. So no private facilities. Seems like a bit of a waste then

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Would the over 21s rule not sort of eliminate the reason most people choose boutique camping at EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Was going to get boutique camping for this but prices are mad. I might have gone for 100 euro one from tangerine fields but no dedicated bathrooms or showers makes it not really worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Just in case people were unaware when I booked a podpad it allowed me to pay in instalments.
    Might help some people if the payments are staggered.

The Picnic lineup is fairly brutal. Reckon I'll be selling those tickets and just going to ATN this year. ATN, if you're reading this, please convince James Murphy to bring Despacio over.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

Synode wrote: »
    The Picnic lineup is fairly brutal. Reckon I'll be selling those tickets and just going to ATN this year. ATN, if you're reading this, please convince James Murphy to bring Despacio over.

In total agreement with you.
    Massive Attack would be the only real draw for me (loved their set at EP few years ago when it was a washout!). Didn't see them coming though, and think they would have made a great addition to the ATN lineup.
    Still, delighted to have chosen ATN this year. Will cross my fingers for James Murphy and Despacio!

Synode wrote: »

Listen to you, Synode. Do you feel like you're cheating on the EP thread? I'm going to string both along this year before dumping one in 2019. I'm in there desperately defending EP but it's true, you can't help comparing now that there's a viable contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Im hoping for some more excellent additions for this

cough cough
    David Byrne
    cough cough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Any idea what they'll do with regards to the beer situation. Hopefully it'll be like body and soul where you can roam freely with your warm manky cans.

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Listen to you, Synode. Do you feel like you're cheating on the EP thread? I'm going to string both along this year before dumping one in 2019. I'm in there desperately defending EP but it's true, you can't help comparing now that there's a viable contender.

Really is a poor first announcement when compared to ATNs. I'd have possibly gone to both (in some capacity) if the EP lineup was decent. Having Pink Moon booked was swaying me that way as the ATN boutique stuff is either ridiculously expensive (Pod Pads €315 each) or not worth it (€90 for someone to set up a tent for you). But with the first announcement I'm now squarely in the ATN camp.

Maybe I'll wait until the 2nd EP announcements to decide

Advertisement