Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

dulux99 wrote: »
    Any idea what they'll do with regards to the beer situation. Hopefully it'll be like body and soul where you can roam freely with your warm manky cans.

Im fairly sure its free roam like body&soul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Synode wrote: »
    Really is a poor first announcement when compared to ATNs. I'd have possibly gone to both (in some capacity) if the EP lineup was decent. Having Pink Moon booked was swaying me that way as the ATN boutique stuff is either ridiculously expensive (Pod Pads €315 each) or not worth it (€90 for someone to set up a tent for you). But with the first announcement I'm now squarely in the ATN camp.

Maybe I'll wait until the 2nd EP announcements to decide

Do. A festival in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Im fairly sure its free roam like body&soul
    Yep, it's operation freeflow. If you bring a good bit of ice, the cans can stay cold til the Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

That's great news - how about booze "limits". I know at body and soul a few years ago they had a "limit" on the website and you couldn't bring booze in any time other than your first entry, is this the case at ATN? couldn't see anything on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

dulux99 wrote: »
    That's great news - how about booze "limits". I know at body and soul a few years ago they had a "limit" on the website and you couldn't bring booze in any time other than your first entry, is this the case at ATN? couldn't see anything on the site

I believe it's in the Information section of the site, but they also have an FAQ which is a tad confusing.

But yea, you can bring 48 cans on your first entry (so when you swap your ticket for a wristband) but not after. It looks like you're then allowed to go anywhere with your cans, both camping and festival area.

"Can I bring my own alcohol ?

Yes, each person is allowed to bring 48 cans for personal consumption. This can only be brought into the campsite and main arena. No glass bottles are allowed."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I believe it's in the Information section of the site, but they also have an FAQ which is a tad confusing.

But yea, you can bring 48 cans on your first entry (so when you swap your ticket for a wristband) but not after. It looks like you're then allowed to go anywhere with your cans, both camping and festival area.

"Can I bring my own alcohol ?

Yes, each person is allowed to bring 48 cans for personal consumption. This can only be brought into the campsite and main arena. No glass bottles are allowed."

It is a tad confusing I agree... i'm still not convinced it is free-flow. I sent a message this morning asking for clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

It is a tad confusing I agree... i'm still not convinced it is free-flow. I sent a message this morning asking for clarification.

I stand corrected. I got the following response:

"Thank you for your email. Yes you can bring your alcohol into the main arena. from the campsite."

Confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Might be working this, doing the load in, load out work and getting paid for it too, exciting, a brand new festival.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yep, it's operation freeflow. If you bring a good bit of ice, the cans can stay cold til the Sunday morning.

Ghostdancers trick worked really well, bring empty bucket like container, fill with water at drinking taps when tent is setup throw cans in, overnight they get nice and crisp.. not quite ice cold, but fairly chilled for little effort. This works all weekend, you can top off with a small bit of ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

danois wrote: »
    https://open.spotify.com/user/1161188730/playlist/3OTioW49D4scEo4FrX4ecz?si=ZcMAtf2YSmmMcNuZvkzPVg

Asked my son to add a few songs from each artist on the flyer 😂

Could be awful but feel free to have a listen

Thanks for the playlist, it's great. Really liking Maribou State. Never heard of them before.

Getting excited about this festival now. Should be excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Took an old bank holiday spin down to portlaw for a hawk. Google maps is all over the place . Where is the main entrance to the house and garden could not locate them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is it a private residence? If it is then google maps might not have the entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Took an old bank holiday spin down to portlaw for a hawk. Google maps is all over the place . Where is the main entrance to the house and garden could not locate them

https://goo.gl/maps/rcNJFvESYWy

But festival entrance will probably be from here:

https://goo.gl/maps/J8kwmBDvx682

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Just booked tickets for this festival... Feeling excited.. I have done EP for years (and will this year) but always in a camper and last few years in pink moon. This will be my first time in general camp site... Need to buy a tent now....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The organisers have done up a playlist:

Spotify URI:
    spotify:user:vffo51irydzcaiqpdhyo22nd4:playlist:58oi8D3xfIHhht2F4pLGdA

URL:
    https://open.spotify.com/user/vffo51irydzcaiqpdhyo22nd4/playlist/58oi8D3xfIHhht2F4pLGdA?si=r-C8TG12Q4GR2n8pEMXl5g

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Has there been any sniff of a second annoucement date?

EP is doing nothing for me so far and starting to lean towards ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

First announcement was so strong, i dont know if they can bring in much more bigger acts, will probably flesh it out with homegrown talent imo.

EP does need a strong second announcement though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

evani1976 wrote: »
    EP does need a strong second announcement though.

not from the promoter's perspective it doesn't ;)

Hoping we'll get some more acts announced soon. Enjoying listening to the line up so far. On the list so far is
    First Aid Kit
    Talos
    When Young
    This Is The Kit

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭gavwaldo

Myself and a bunch of pals just bought ATN tickets and I plan to sell my ep one. Such a contrast in line ups. Ep promoters obviously care only about squeezing every last penny out of the festival. I like the vibe about the original ep promoter organizing ATN.

• Advertisement

Hoping for another music announcement soon, Do you reckon there will be a lot more additions?

Hoping for another music announcement soon, Do you reckon there will be a lot more additions?

According to their site they have 10 stages to fill.. Even allowing for a comedy stage, a few spoken word etc there is still a fair bit for padding need to fill the weekend.
    Can't see any big names being added but I expect we will see plenty of irish talent and there is alot out there at the moment.
    Would love to see some or all of Eden, Columbia Mills, Bleeding Heart Pigeons, Tiz McNamara,Wyvern Lingo...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Y Not Festival the weekend before ATN, maybe some from this lot.

298A2B29-0C22-4474-9647-A62C78D9749E.jpeg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Also Bestival is happening in the UK and we already have a few of their acts so could be more from there too..

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Looking forward to this way more than the picnic, and the fact it's on my doorstep just makes it all the better.

Y Not Festival the weekend before ATN, maybe some from this lot.

298A2B29-0C22-4474-9647-A62C78D9749E.jpeg
    Fingers crossed for the Everly Pregnant Brothers and the Old Dirty Brasstards.

Stillill42 wrote: »

Its hard to see much of a crossover here, maybe Fat White Family or Shame but I wouldnt be expecting anything else

Its hard to see much of a crossover here, maybe Fat White Family or Shame but I wouldnt be expecting anything else
    Not entirely serious. Just liked the names.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

MR Motivator !>!?

Daytripper are announcing their line up tomorrow.... Hinting at big things .....

ATN could do with adding a few more soon.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

Not entirely serious. Just liked the names.

Thats Fair, I made an unfair assumption ;)

Advertisement