Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Technics Space Shuttle 8480

Options
  • 12-01-2018 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

A colleague found this set in his attic. It appears to be complete in box with instructions. I can't be sure it's complete though.

I prefer the newer stuff. Anybody interested in making an offer?

IMG_20180112_155343.jpg

IMG_20180112_155410.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

If the box has been opened you can check the parts against Bricklink; https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=8480-1

Bit of a pain in the ass seeing as it's such a big set but it's worth a fair whack, especially with the stickers still on the sheet, the instructions included and the box in reasonably good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i would be tempted but i need more clarity if all the bits are included.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭JamBur

Some of the stickers are already applied, There`s been a battery leak in the battery box, but should clean up ok. I`ve seen the ebay prices, but they can be total pie in the sky.

Don`t have the time to do a part check to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭JamBur

Not looking to make a killing on it. If you`re nearby you can have a look at the set.

edit* Just noticed you`re in Mayo;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

JamBur wrote: »
    Some of the stickers are already applied, There`s been a battery leak in the battery box, but should clean up ok. I`ve seen the ebay prices, but they can be total pie in the sky.

Don`t have the time to do a part check to be honest.

The problem with selling something like this is you need to find your buyer. The right buyer would pay between 90 and 110 for the set as it is (battery leak, some stickers applied etc). Maybe more. I'm open to be corrected on this.

Have no horse in the game here, I don't buy Technic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Price info here https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=8480-1#T=P

Look at the condition of used ones for sale and you can determine a price off of that. If you put it on adverts expect people to offer half of what you're looking for, but if you hold out you should get a buyer for a realistic price.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Advertisement