Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card decline and text question

Options
  • 12-01-2018 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Hi
    i tried buying something online and my credit card was declined. Then I got a text saying reply mine if genuine, can you tell me what happens if i text mine? 

Will the money be sent to the retailer? Im asking as what i wanted is sold out now and dont want money to be sent to them.

Id prefer not to give my details here and you should be able to answer my question without them so please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi
    i tried buying something online and my credit card was declined. Then I got a text saying reply mine if genuine, can you tell me what happens if i text mine?

Will the money be sent to the retailer? Im asking as what i wanted is sold out now and dont want money to be sent to them.

Id prefer not to give my details here and you should be able to answer my question without them so please let me know.

Thanks in advance
    Hi deadanonymau5,

Thanks for posting here on Boards.

This text message is sent to you if a transaction is flagged with our card security team. The transaction should not process through your account, and if you reply with the word 'Mine', it'll remove any potential blocks that may have been added.
    We'd always advise that you check your transactions. You can check them on Card Care for the most up to date transactions.

If you're not registered for Card Care please click here for more information on how to register.

Just to add, we answer general queries here on Boards and will never ask for your personal bank account details.

If you ever have account specific queries you can always send a message at the service desk when logged into 365 online.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Hi

Thanks in advance
    Hi deadanonymau5,

Thanks for posting here on Boards.

This text message is sent to you if a transaction is flagged with our card security team. The transaction should not process through your account, and if you reply with the word 'Mine', it'll remove any potential blocks that may have been added.
    We'd always advise that you check your transactions. You can check them on Card Care for the most up to date transactions.

If you're not registered for Card Care please click here for more information on how to register.

Just to add, we answer general queries here on Boards and will never ask for your personal bank account details.

If you ever have account specific queries you can always send a message at the service desk when logged into 365 online.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane
    Perfect. Greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

Advertisement