Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUBG on an iMac using Bootcamp

Options
  • 12-01-2018 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hey!

I bought a new iMac over the summer strictly for work purposes but decided to install windows on it for a couple of programs.
    Then my friend asked me to play PUBG with him now that I was using Windows and it looks like a really fun game so I bought it on Steam and tried playing it but it seems to max out the GPU when I checked the task manager and the game is not really playable.
    I'm a bit out of touch with PC Gaming and was just wondering is there anything I can do to make it run smoothly. I have pretty much all the in game graphics settings set to "Very Low" and thought it should work no problem.

These are the specs of the iMac
    Retina 5K Display
    3.8GHz Processor

3.8GHz quad-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor
    Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz
    8GB 2400MHz memory, configurable up to 64GB
    500GB SSD Drive
    Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB video memory
    Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
    Retina 5K 5120x2880 P3 display

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

If your playing at the native resolution of your screen i can see why the gpu is struggling,try lowering the resolution the game is running at.

Id start by trying 2560x1440p seen as you have a 580 in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

2560x1440 should run well at medium settings. That is a good card, but unfortunately PUBG is an unoptimised piece of crap so even low settings at 5K would be a nightmare.

Advertisement