Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corsair AM4 Retention Bracket

Options
  • 12-01-2018 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can get the Corsair AM4 retention bracket apart from the Corsair website?

The bracket itself is cheap enough approx €5 but the shipping shows around €15 which is a total of around €20 for a BRACKET.

EBay listings are around the same price.

I have bought all components and ready to build but I'm looking for options to get the bracket for cheaper (or free) than the above stated price.

I understand they were giving it away for free back in Feb 2017 but I missed that train :(

Ryzen 1700x
    Corsair H115i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 56
    EVGA G3 650W
    Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (16GB, 3000Mhz)

Any advice/help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Have you tried contacting them for cheaper shipping options?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

will the retention bracket from the H80i v2 do the same job?
    I'm rocking an intel set up so you can happily have the bracket if it does. No good to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Blazer wrote: »
    will the retention bracket from the H80i v2 do the same job?
    I'm rocking an intel set up so you can happily have the bracket if it does. No good to me :)

ah its not compatible..sorry didn't realise it was a newer bracket type for ryzen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 WewJad

Blazer wrote: »
    ah its not compatible..sorry didn't realise it was a newer bracket type for ryzen.

Yes unfortunately the H80i v2 needs the AM4 retention bracket as well according to Corsair

"www. corsair. com/en-us/am4-amd-retention-bracket-kit-for-hydro-series-coolers.."

"..If you have CORSAIR Coolers: H50, H55, H75, H80i v2 (H80i GT), H90, H100i v2 (H100i GTX), H105, H110i GTX, H115i, you will need to order this bracket to install the cooler on an AM4 socket.

If you have CORSAIR Coolers: H60, H110i (H110i GT), H100i, the cooler is compatible with the existing AMD bracket out of the box. The AMD bracket for these coolers can be ordered here."

Thanks for the kind offer though! :)

*I'm putting ".. and space" on the URL above because boards is not allowing me to put URLs due to being new to boards :(

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Have you tried contacting them for cheaper shipping options?

I haven't contacted them yet, didn't even consider that an option before but I'll try it. Thanks!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    This might work

I'll try this. I think there's a few 3D printing services around my area.

Advertisement