Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for Alterations/Dressmaker

Options
  • 12-01-2018 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi, just wondeing if anyone could recommend some place for alterations to a formal dress - neckline needs to be altered?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Murray007

Brilliant guy on Talbot street beside the restaurant talbot 101. He has taken up sleeves for me on expensive jackets with trims and scallop ends very complex alterations. Always well done. It is a combined shoe repair and alterations shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Fitz.ie on Drury Street are excellent and I have used them for two evening dresses alterations, I cannot speak highly enough of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

There's two places on Middle Abbey Street. Always amuses me as they are two doors apart and one has a sign they are not affiliated with the other. I'm wondering if they had some major falling out years ago.

I've also used various zipyard places. One in Jervis. One in Blanchardstown village.There's also one in the Blanchardstown centre upstairs and one in Baggot street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I go to Jude Hughes (Rapid Alterations) on Middle Abbey Street for everything. Cheap as chips but a perfect job every time. Plus, he's a Dublin legend.

Advertisement