Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkened TV picture.

Options
  • 12-01-2018 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

After a recent thunder and lightning storm the picture on my TV from my home security cameras has darkened considerably anyone any suggestions as to what might have caused it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Mach Two wrote: »
    After a recent thunder and lightning storm the picture on my TV from my home security cameras has darkened considerably anyone any suggestions as to what might have caused it.

Have you tried another monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mach Two

I have not. But the TV seems OK.

It appears that there is only two lights working on the recorder where there should be three lights.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Mach Two wrote: »
    It appears that there is only two lights working on the recorder where there should be three lights.

Can you elaborate, which lights? Are you referring to the LED lights on the DVR or the IR lights on the cameras? What model DVR do you have? What model cameras do you have? Unfortunately nobody here can tell what system you have and there are thousands of different CCTV systems out there.

I am not able to get a photo on here. Yet. There is 3 little blue lights on the recorder. The first one has a cylinder symbol under it. The second is the on light and the third has a symbol with two boxes under a line and a single box above. The three box's are in a pyramid shape with a straight line in-between them. alhua (@lhua) is the brand name on recorder and cameras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

First thing to try would be a reboot of the entire system. Failing that it would be a process of elimination.

Advertisement