Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

printers

Options
  • 12-01-2018 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

hi. I'm going to buy a wireless printer but don't know how to set it up. I don't have WiFi at home.someone mentioned a router or modem. any info Appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Moved here from Home Entertainment - hopefully someone here can offer the OP some guidance.

Cheers,

Ritz.

hi. I'm going to buy a wireless printer but don't know how to set it up. I don't have WiFi at home.someone mentioned a router or modem. any info Appreciated.

What is the model name and number of the printer you intend to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Maybe you know someone who has a spare eircom/vodafone/sky router, or check on adverts/donedeal/charity shop/recycling centre. You wouldn't need a landlilne internet connection, but you would need to switch connections to print. Check the printer model for compatible wifi.

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Maybe you know someone who has a spare eircom/vodafone/sky router, or check on adverts/donedeal/charity shop/recycling centre. You wouldn't need a landlilne internet connection, but you would need to switch connections to print. Check the printer model for compatible wifi.

It's quite common for wifi printers to have their own wifi/hotspot. That's why I asked the OP for the model number before I suggested they go buy a wireless router which they may not need.

Advertisement