Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More of a testimony than a question

Options
  • 12-01-2018 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

[font=arial, sans-serif]Shortly after I signed my first contract with Eir, I cancel it due to lack of organization and communication between the company and the company that sets the connection from them, KN. That issue was handled by eir offering me the first month complimentary which I accepted by signing a new contract. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Looking back, I truly regret that I dismiss my first impressions. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Dismissing the fact that it took longer for a technician to come and the fact I specifically asked for a time frame until 15:00 of any day ( as I am dependent on the building’s maintenance team to come to gain access to a sort of storage room were all the connections are made) only to have a call on the night before saying that the time frame change to 9am to 5pm. I remind them of my request and it was noted. When I told them that there was no point for them to come after 15:00 they hung up and never called me back. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Next day, 14h /14:30 and no technician or call yet. I called Eir and said that if there was no way to guarantee to someone to come before a certain hour, I wouldn’t take another day off work or make a fool of myself to the maintenance team. [/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]After a long conversation, Eir organized a visit on the next day “first thing tomorrow” (don’t know why they would ignore the notes of someone who already had problems on the first stage of installation)[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Next day came so as a technician and left everything running fine, or so I was lead to believe (7th of December).[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]As I lost both my grandparents during December (again, no special understating, patience or compassion ) I had to go home on the 11th and came back on the 18th of December, everything seemed normal, no issues until the 22nd, ironically just after my “cooling off” period expired. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]The WiFi started dropping a few times/hour but we dismissed as our period was over and this was Christmas week after all: everyone is at home, using the internet and to try to fix anything during this time of the year is near to impossible. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]As days passed by, our connection was getting worse and worse, to a limit of being constantly dropping every single couple of minutes.  [/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]We finally reported this issue to Eir and arrange for a technician to come on the 5th of January, Friday. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Another day skipping work and a request for the maintenance team to be on call. The technician came and there was nothing he could do. He identified a problem of the line in a cable that comes from the apartment, therefore, nothing he could fix, it has to be my landlord to fix it. He also said that I could always call the company for advice, and if I waited for 1h or so, they would have his report. [/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Not long after that, perhaps 2 hours after that, I got a call from another engineer saying that he was in front of the apartment to give a look into the issue. Please note that at no point this appointment was expected. Thankfully I was nearby and could return but the maintenance team couldn’t. So again, another appointment was scheduled for the following Monday, the 8th. At this point you can’t imagine the embarrassment I feel to call the maintenance guy or to ask my boss “another” day off from work. It is unbelievable.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]On Friday I called Eir but no issue was logged in the system so the only thing I could do is wait.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Monday came, but no resolution on site. After Friday, the thing got better. The droppings were happening less often. The second technician made a few tests with the same results, but told me that as it wasn’t my fault, I would be able to cancel the contract, as a last resort. I even asked if a leak that I had a few months ago, fixed before all of this could have damaged this, but if so I wouldn’t have any connection from start. At this point, there is no one who can explain to me why a cable that was working fine at the beginning (??) got damaged from one day to another, with no cause.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]After that second visit, the WiFi went back to be useless. Is impossible to be connected for more than 2 minutes.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]I called Eir and a delivery of a new modem was organized for the next 48 hours. again, another disaster of a call. when I requested for my number to be on the system as my fiancée's, the request was closed and there was absolutely no way of reopening it, so the only way I could know that the delivery man was coming was if I kept my fianceé's mobile for the 48 hours....and yes, another two days changing shifts and using my holiday days to be available. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]After none of that worked, of course, my first impulse was to talk with my landlord to try to fix this, however, he doesn’t believe that that specific cable that comes from way behind were the leak happen (again, a few months ago) is damaged, against the technician’s word. He stands on his decision that if it was working before, it is something else and he would not spend his time or money on something that may not be it. Also, he doesn’t authorize me to try to fix this, or I may lose my deposit (2 months worth).[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I called back Eir, looking to cancel this contract against my choice but the nightmare was yet to come. I was immediately told that I needed two technicians to come (which they did) to confirm a fault. [/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]But surprise surprise, the first one never logged in the problem, only his supervisor. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Ok. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Eir’s advise? If I had his telephone number, to call him and “make” him log in the issue. Which means, me asking for someone to do their work? It is not my fault that there is zero communication between Eir and this other company. Surprisingly, Desperate to avoid miss work another day, I did that. Clueless man was even more confused than I was and didn’t know what to do and gave me his company’s telephone number so I could solve this. Answer machine every single time. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Tell me about “bad luck”. At this point, I am almost losing it.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif] Where in the World a company as big as Eir has such structural communication problems. Every time I call them is like playing the Russian roulette. I can get someone who is truly interested in helping me but too caught in Bi laws or someone that is too impatient to even give the right information, like Leigh who told me I would need three (3!) different technicians and then I could cancel the contract easily. I thought it was a waste of time and resources when it was known that there was nothing the technicians could do.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]After being interrupted a few times I just gave up and went to Eir Store (Henry Street) and it was recognized that cancellation, in this specific case, shouldn’t raise any problems when we consider all the stress and trouble I have been out though. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Again, called Eir from the store, being transferred from department to department, wrong information being provided, misleading information, hours on hold, no answers to direct questions, at one point I accepted the visit of another technician, again, there was no other way, but when I was trying to arrange this, they say they couldn’t because the fault was not seen as in their end, but my landlord’s end. I know that, I have been telling you that, and it seems like everyone is not paying attention to the issue, just too busy transferring calls as it “wasn’t their department/problem”.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]As any traumatic event, I don’t remember every name or every person I spoke to. To many, I think. Finally, I spoke with Saoirse (loyalty dep.) who told me she would bring this up to the attention of her shift leader (called Fan ) and I should expect a call back within one day. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Well, I never did. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I called Eir after 17h looking for an update but the department was already closed. [/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]The person told me that it wasn’t normal for them not calling me back, he would leave a note and said that it has been a very busy period. I truly believe in that. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Today, Friday 12th,  as “Fan” hasn’t called me, I called for an update. First guy who answered, quickly saw the notes and conclude that I wanted to cancel the service and there was no problem (but, again, he could be new). [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]My hope lasted for a few minutes. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]It seems like there were only Saoirse's notes, no solution was given, had the same kind of conversation like 3 days ago, it seems that the Shift leader escalation was just a way to shut me up or to wear me until I gave up.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]As I explained dozen of times before, there is nothing else I can do. 
    I am being bullied to pay the cancellation fee of 250 euros or to lose my deposit (ten times more) to try to fix this by myself. 
    I am also considering to move to another apartment, however, to be realistic, considering Dublin nowadays, it will not be easy. 

I even asked if I could freeze my contract for a month or so, so I could have a little bit more time to find a new place:”not possible”.
     I am still an Eir client under a mobile broadband (my only option) so it is not a case that I am moving to any other company or that I am taking advantage of your products. 

I had all the reasons to keep this contract, but if my landlord doesn’t authorize, it is out of my control. There is nothing, LITERALLY, I can do and so far I didn’t see Eir trying to understand my side or find any solution at all. I can understand Eir's side on opening this exception or take care of this isolated case, however, after all I have been put through I don't think it is reasonably fair at all. 

I tried to keep this text complete and devoid of much adjectives, but in order to conclude, I am appalled and astonished with Eir's service and inability to look further into an issue in an organized way. 

Now I don't have any service at all, have a fragilized relationship with my landlord over this and feel neglected, harassed, discriminated and pushed over my limits. There is no way I can understand how cold and insensitive a company so big as Eir can be. 

My Experience has been no more than ignoring my direct questions, mistakes, delays, neglects, wrongful information, and terror.  

(This was not a question but a copy of a Complaint that I sent Eir as well. I am exposing this so everyone can learn from my experience and I will keep this updated. )
    [/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I get the impression from my dealings the past few weeks that the sales/"customer care" reps will say anything to get you off the phone and dont actually know how to do their job. KN couldnt give a damn either. Im without broadband this past while because of their incompetency and on account of reading this ive now registered for install with another supplier, whoever arrives first gets my service and ill cancel the other

• Registered Users Posts: 9 se.messias

Thank you. I also had the same impression, especially since Christmas time. I wish you the best of luck on that ;)

More: remember that complimentary first month? It was charged by DD and later converted in credit. It is in the process of being refunded.

On an other service, double charged aswell. Pay at the store since the DD wasn’t going through, and then again, a few days later when it finally did.

No need for further comments...!

Update:

In regards to that refund, that would take 3 to 5 working days - ending today - didn’t went trough. Instead, a new bill was conveniently issued today and immenditly payd with that credit, (even though it was supposed to be issued by the end of the Month),
    So my request was simply ignored. On the last day.

In regards to the complaint, as I had to provide further personal information, it has been a week with no confirmation that it is been taken care of.

Not to mention the fact I was promised a call on Wednesday regarding an other service that never happen.

I seriously don’t know how to deal with eir when they keep on giving empty promises, staling or not agreeing of what the employeees know or can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

se.messias wrote: »
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Shortly after I signed my first contract with Eir, I cancel it due to lack of organization and communication between the company and the company that sets the connection from them, KN. That issue was handled by eir offering me the first month complimentary which I accepted by signing a new contract. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Looking back, I truly regret that I dismiss my first impressions. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Dismissing the fact that it took longer for a technician to come and the fact I specifically asked for a time frame until 15:00 of any day ( as I am dependent on the building’s maintenance team to come to gain access to a sort of storage room were all the connections are made) only to have a call on the night before saying that the time frame change to 9am to 5pm. I remind them of my request and it was noted. When I told them that there was no point for them to come after 15:00 they hung up and never called me back. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Next day, 14h /14:30 and no technician or call yet. I called Eir and said that if there was no way to guarantee to someone to come before a certain hour, I wouldn’t take another day off work or make a fool of myself to the maintenance team. [/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]After a long conversation, Eir organized a visit on the next day “first thing tomorrow” (don’t know why they would ignore the notes of someone who already had problems on the first stage of installation)[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Next day came so as a technician and left everything running fine, or so I was lead to believe (7th of December).[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]As I lost both my grandparents during December (again, no special understating, patience or compassion ) I had to go home on the 11th and came back on the 18th of December, everything seemed normal, no issues until the 22nd, ironically just after my “cooling off” period expired. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]The WiFi started dropping a few times/hour but we dismissed as our period was over and this was Christmas week after all: everyone is at home, using the internet and to try to fix anything during this time of the year is near to impossible. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]As days passed by, our connection was getting worse and worse, to a limit of being constantly dropping every single couple of minutes.  [/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]We finally reported this issue to Eir and arrange for a technician to come on the 5th of January, Friday. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Another day skipping work and a request for the maintenance team to be on call. The technician came and there was nothing he could do. He identified a problem of the line in a cable that comes from the apartment, therefore, nothing he could fix, it has to be my landlord to fix it. He also said that I could always call the company for advice, and if I waited for 1h or so, they would have his report. [/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Not long after that, perhaps 2 hours after that, I got a call from another engineer saying that he was in front of the apartment to give a look into the issue. Please note that at no point this appointment was expected. Thankfully I was nearby and could return but the maintenance team couldn’t. So again, another appointment was scheduled for the following Monday, the 8th. At this point you can’t imagine the embarrassment I feel to call the maintenance guy or to ask my boss “another” day off from work. It is unbelievable.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]On Friday I called Eir but no issue was logged in the system so the only thing I could do is wait.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Monday came, but no resolution on site. After Friday, the thing got better. The droppings were happening less often. The second technician made a few tests with the same results, but told me that as it wasn’t my fault, I would be able to cancel the contract, as a last resort. I even asked if a leak that I had a few months ago, fixed before all of this could have damaged this, but if so I wouldn’t have any connection from start. At this point, there is no one who can explain to me why a cable that was working fine at the beginning (??) got damaged from one day to another, with no cause.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]After that second visit, the WiFi went back to be useless. Is impossible to be connected for more than 2 minutes.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]I called Eir and a delivery of a new modem was organized for the next 48 hours. again, another disaster of a call. when I requested for my number to be on the system as my fiancée's, the request was closed and there was absolutely no way of reopening it, so the only way I could know that the delivery man was coming was if I kept my fianceé's mobile for the 48 hours....and yes, another two days changing shifts and using my holiday days to be available. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]After none of that worked, of course, my first impulse was to talk with my landlord to try to fix this, however, he doesn’t believe that that specific cable that comes from way behind were the leak happen (again, a few months ago) is damaged, against the technician’s word. He stands on his decision that if it was working before, it is something else and he would not spend his time or money on something that may not be it. Also, he doesn’t authorize me to try to fix this, or I may lose my deposit (2 months worth).[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I called back Eir, looking to cancel this contract against my choice but the nightmare was yet to come. I was immediately told that I needed two technicians to come (which they did) to confirm a fault. [/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]But surprise surprise, the first one never logged in the problem, only his supervisor. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Eir’s advise? If I had his telephone number, to call him and “make” him log in the issue. Which means, me asking for someone to do their work? It is not my fault that there is zero communication between Eir and this other company. Surprisingly, Desperate to avoid miss work another day, I did that. Clueless man was even more confused than I was and didn’t know what to do and gave me his company’s telephone number so I could solve this. Answer machine every single time. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Tell me about “bad luck”. At this point, I am almost losing it.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif] Where in the World a company as big as Eir has such structural communication problems. Every time I call them is like playing the Russian roulette. I can get someone who is truly interested in helping me but too caught in Bi laws or someone that is too impatient to even give the right information, like Leigh who told me I would need three (3!) different technicians and then I could cancel the contract easily. I thought it was a waste of time and resources when it was known that there was nothing the technicians could do.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]After being interrupted a few times I just gave up and went to Eir Store (Henry Street) and it was recognized that cancellation, in this specific case, shouldn’t raise any problems when we consider all the stress and trouble I have been out though. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Again, called Eir from the store, being transferred from department to department, wrong information being provided, misleading information, hours on hold, no answers to direct questions, at one point I accepted the visit of another technician, again, there was no other way, but when I was trying to arrange this, they say they couldn’t because the fault was not seen as in their end, but my landlord’s end. I know that, I have been telling you that, and it seems like everyone is not paying attention to the issue, just too busy transferring calls as it “wasn’t their department/problem”.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]As any traumatic event, I don’t remember every name or every person I spoke to. To many, I think. Finally, I spoke with Saoirse (loyalty dep.) who told me she would bring this up to the attention of her shift leader (called Fan ) and I should expect a call back within one day. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I called Eir after 17h looking for an update but the department was already closed. [/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]The person told me that it wasn’t normal for them not calling me back, he would leave a note and said that it has been a very busy period. I truly believe in that. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Today, Friday 12th,  as “Fan” hasn’t called me, I called for an update. First guy who answered, quickly saw the notes and conclude that I wanted to cancel the service and there was no problem (but, again, he could be new). [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]It seems like there were only Saoirse's notes, no solution was given, had the same kind of conversation like 3 days ago, it seems that the Shift leader escalation was just a way to shut me up or to wear me until I gave up.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]As I explained dozen of times before, there is nothing else I can do. 
    I am being bullied to pay the cancellation fee of 250 euros or to lose my deposit (ten times more) to try to fix this by myself. 
    I am also considering to move to another apartment, however, to be realistic, considering Dublin nowadays, it will not be easy. 

I even asked if I could freeze my contract for a month or so, so I could have a little bit more time to find a new place:”not possible”.
     I am still an Eir client under a mobile broadband (my only option) so it is not a case that I am moving to any other company or that I am taking advantage of your products. 

I had all the reasons to keep this contract, but if my landlord doesn’t authorize, it is out of my control. There is nothing, LITERALLY, I can do and so far I didn’t see Eir trying to understand my side or find any solution at all. I can understand Eir's side on opening this exception or take care of this isolated case, however, after all I have been put through I don't think it is reasonably fair at all. 

I tried to keep this text complete and devoid of much adjectives, but in order to conclude, I am appalled and astonished with Eir's service and inability to look further into an issue in an organized way. 

Now I don't have any service at all, have a fragilized relationship with my landlord over this and feel neglected, harassed, discriminated and pushed over my limits. There is no way I can understand how cold and insensitive a company so big as Eir can be. 

My Experience has been no more than ignoring my direct questions, mistakes, delays, neglects, wrongful information, and terror.  

(This was not a question but a copy of a Complaint that I sent Eir as well. I am exposing this so everyone can learn from my experience and I will keep this updated. )
    [/font]
    Hi se.messias,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Would you like me to look into this for you? If so please PM me your full name and account number.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Dzaster99

hey same problem with these scrubs eir not the worst to deal with but there ****en technicians who come out are

Pm sent, requesting to individualise this matter and find any solution.

No further updates

Well, still no reply from Thomas or the Complaints’ department even when it is promised within 2 working days. It has been almost 2 weeks. no follow up, no confirmation that the matter is being looked after, no complaint’s reference number, nothing. So I was forced to raise a new complaint today. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

Well, still no reply from Thomas or the Complaints’ department even when it is promised within 2 working days. It has been almost 2 weeks. no follow up, no confirmation that the matter is being looked after, no complaint’s reference number, nothing. So I was forced to raise a new complaint today. Again.
    Cancel your direct debit immediately and make your complaint to Comreg,  Life's too short to put up with that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dzaster99

hey buddy i was told Thomas was away till next monday on my post here today i seen it
    but yea i am in the same boat thomas went afk sorry if u are sick but u gotta forward mails
    to other here that help u

• Advertisement

hi there! Thank you all and I am sorry for my absence, but it has been busy.  So it seemed the easiest way to solve this (!?) was to move (!!). Yes, that is right. After all, the relationship with my landlord was irreparably spoiled. 

Eir called me ( too late) on the day I found the new place and couldn't take the call. When I called back, at the specified time and looking for the same person, they didn't seem to know what the conclusion/ purpose of the call was. I mean, more of the same, nothing new and if anything has changed, I know nothing about that. Couldn't even speak with the same person, but at this point, it's useless. 

So now, I am waiting for my new address to be inserted into the system (5-10 working days), and then a technician will come to install everything else (+5 to 10 working days). So let's pray and hope that after 3 to 4 months of signing the contract I will be able to have a minimal service at all. 

How about Thomas? Never heard from him again, if it wasn't for Dzaster99 I would think he was lost in combat. Geez, I hope he is ok.
    Time Waster 

[/font]
    Hi se.messias,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Would you like me to look into this for you? If so please PM me your full name and account number.

Thanks

Thomas

hi there! Thank you all and I am sorry for my absence, but it has been busy.  So it seemed the easiest way to solve this (!?) was to move (!!). Yes, that is right. After all, the relationship with my landlord was irreparably spoiled. 

Eir called me ( too late) on the day I found the new place and couldn't take the call. When I called back, at the specified time and looking for the same person, they didn't seem to know what the conclusion/ purpose of the call was. I mean, more of the same, nothing new and if anything has changed, I know nothing about that. Couldn't even speak with the same person, but at this point, it's useless. 

So now, I am waiting for my new address to be inserted into the system (5-10 working days), and then a technician will come to install everything else (+5 to 10 working days). So let's pray and hope that after 3 to 4 months of signing the contract I will be able to have a minimal service at all. 

How about Thomas? Never heard from him again, if it wasn't for Dzaster99 I would think he was lost in combat. Geez, I hope he is ok.
    Time Waster 
    I was absent due to reason outside of my control. Would you like to forward me your details and I can look into your issue?

Thanks 

Thomas

Hi Thomas, I am sorry to hear that and I genuinely hope that everything is ok. However, it is unwarrantable that just because you were absent, no one followed or answered this for +26 days.

Not sure why are you asking for my details since I've done that and, as I mentioned before, now it is too late.  
    I couldn't be around waiting for something to be made on your side. Too expensive to be paying for 2 different contracts (since one is still not working) for almost +3 months. 
    I may know this was a very specific case, but a deeply disorganized Eir showed they are not up to any professional challenge and I will take this into account in the future. 

I must be very unlucky because whatever can go wrong with eir, does.  

Hi Thomas, I am sorry to hear that and I genuinely hope that everything is ok. However, it is unwarrantable that just because you were absent, no one followed or answered this for +26 days.

Not sure why are you asking for my details since I've done that and, as I mentioned before, now it is too late.  
    I couldn't be around waiting for something to be made on your side. Too expensive to be paying for 2 different contracts (since one is still not working) for almost +3 months. 
    I may know this was a very specific case, but a deeply disorganized Eir showed they are not up to any professional challenge and I will take this into account in the future. 

I must be very unlucky because whatever can go wrong with eir, does.  
    I understand your frustration at this time.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement