Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need advice re social care work and social work

• 12-01-2018 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Im a mature student and am currently doing a QQI Level 5 in Applied Social Studies. I'm just filling out my CAO and not sure whether to apply for social science or social care. I would like to work as an access worker with families or in a residential centre. The Social care course is a bit closer and easier to get to. A few in my class are applying to the social science course as its meant to be a great course but I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing on the CAO. I realise to be a social worker you have to do a masters anyway. I guess what I'm asking is what is the difference between a social care worker and a social worker?

Advertisement