Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock II - Music Shows on BBC Four, Sky Arts and everywhere else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭dasdog

VHS getting set for that Rockfield documentary - if walls could talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

RUSH recorded two albums at Rockfield. A Farewell To Kings and Hemispheres. Both excellent albums.

Hi Guys,
    Long time no hello- "Hello" :D Hope all well with you all and that you're surviving. :)

I hope (but don't think) SkidX will mind if I push a little Music Tournament game, considering our shared interest in music of the 80s' - it's all about an alternative line up to Live Aid 85 - UK Stage
    Not getting much traction yet so was hoping you guys might jump in and get it going. Just a bit of fun for the "bored" :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058097252

Anyway, back on topic, really enjoyed watching the Band/Live Aid look back last week - some very interesting stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,630 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Rockfield was where The Stone Roses recorded ‘Second Coming’. Whilst there, they watched TV and saw Oasis on ‘Top Of The Pops’ performing ‘Shakermaker’. It was this moment that John Squire realised that Oasis had taken the baton/stolen their thunder.

Says he:

“We knew there and then that for us, The Roses...it was over. We’d taken too long. We all watched it...I didn’t think the tune was that great, but they just looked right. It was like some pristine archive footage of a great sixties band you’d never got round to hearing

Tony Iommi - Iron Man and absolute legend!

• Advertisement

Tony Iommi - Iron Man and absolute legend!
    Superb player is Mr Iommi. Best known for playing Gibson SG's.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Superb player is Mr Iommi. Best known for playing Gibson SG's.

One factory accident later, and you’ve inadvertently created AN ENTIRELY NEW GENRE OF MUSIC.

:cool:

Great to see RUSH get a mention playing a bit of Xanadu off A Farewll To Kings.

Forget the Roses, will John Leckie discuss his work on Mark Owen’s ‘Green Man’? :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Tony McCarroll (the original Oasis Drummer) has a story in his book where himself and Liam Gallagher decided after a late night session they had to gatecrash the Stone Roses studio at Rockfield

So they stole a tractor and stormed in at 3am, to find Ian Brown still up and off his head on whatever he was on in those days.

• Advertisement

‘Big Log’.

1s3wlm.gif

The Stone Roses, not as good as The Seahorses. :pac:

Which coincidentally is an anagram of ‘He Hates Roses’...what are the odds?

I would like a proper Stone Roses Doc with John Leckie spilling all the beans

Failing that, a drama about that time they destroyed their managers office with paint and were put on trial

‘If You Tolerate This...’

Hands down, my favourite song about the Spanish Civil War that kept Steps off the number one spot.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,162 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Hands down, my favourite song about the Spanish Civil War that kept Steps off the number one spot.

What were the other ones :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Tim Burgess appears to have borrowed Wendy Craig’s haircut :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

H from steps is dead :(

https://imgur.com/r/CasualUK/TcKedrI

TRAGEDY!!

:cool:

Coldplay...and it was going so well :pac:

Percy Plant on BBC Four now. :)

• Advertisement

Immense version of ‘For What It’s Worth’ by Band Of Joy.

Percy always seems down-to-earth, no rock star ego, good West Country stock. :)

Percy always seems down-to-earth, no rock star ego, good West Country stock. :)

Yeah I don't remember this interview. It's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

"Coldplay at the BBC"

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bp8easq7rgfh5veofj48x2o4bm23p3peaj8u4bx3z&rid=giphy.gif

The Stone Roses, not as good as The Seahorses. :pac:

Which coincidentally is an anagram of ‘He Hates Roses’...what are the odds?

Love is the Law :)

I read that The Seahorses only album 'Do It Yourself' was produced by the excellent Tony Visconti.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Honestly don't see the point in any channels doing live music anymore, sure you can chromecast footage of most act in excellent quality now anyways if you're looking for a fix. Ive stopped the odd time or sky arts when they were showing an old floyd gig but i dont see how there's much of a marker for it these days.

Excellent Kurt Cobain documentary ‘Montage Of Heck’ starting shortly on TG4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Excellent Kurt Cobain documentary ‘Montage Of Heck’ starting shortly on TG4 :)

That is excellent. Hard to believe the Nirvana lads are in their 50s now and Pat Smear being 60. Time in music passes quickly

Rare Tuesday musicary on TG4 tomorrow night

9.30pm Johnny Cash Live At Montreux
    A performance by the singer at the 1994 jazz festival, featuring 19 of his classic songs and an appearance by wife June Carter Cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Leonard Cohen: I'm your man on Sky Orts now.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478197/

Advertisement