Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock II - Music Shows on BBC Four, Sky Arts and everywhere else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Skid X wrote: »
    Why they changed it?

I can't say

People just liked it better that way

• Registered Users Posts: 72,630 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Hang On To Many Broken Hearts

:cool:

Phil-Taylor-371-thumb-371x280-27213.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

You made a balls of that Jason

“Black Vile-vet”.

You had one job, Jason. ONE JOB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I absolutely despise UB40

Their first two albums and early singles were really good. They later turned to ****e, the brother was a big fan.(of their ****e incarnation)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭dasdog

Their first two albums and early singles were really good. They later turned to ****e, the brother was a big fan.(of their ****e incarnation)

One in Ten is a great song. That's about it for me.

Already, Toppitypoppity 1990 is in April.

More Yewtree shenanigans? Or Mike Smith not allowing the episodes to be shown? :confused:

I'm kind of glued to this now - Generation Z has lots of talented musicians who have discovered albums of yesteryear thanks to youtube and other methods. I always thought UK and jazz were incompatible bar a few exceptions but I'm happily being proven wrong.

Probably talking to myself and youse are all watching the LLS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

dasdog wrote: »
    I'm kind of glued to this now - Generation Z has lots of talented musicians who have discovered albums of yesteryear thanks to youtube and other methods. I always thought UK and jazz were incompatible bar a few exceptions but I'm happily being proven wrong.

Probably talking to myself and youse are all watching the LLS :pac:

https://tenor.com/view/tracey-morgan-no-nope-gif-11034200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Nick Mason driving his 250 GTO best soundtrack of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Nick Mason driving his 250 GTO best soundtrack of the night.

Re the pig...'so you stuck a set of balls on it?'

'yeah, that was about it'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭OldRio

Some cracking sounds on here. One or two not for me but overall this is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

"the cover of urban hymns is a picture of the verve waiting to have their photograph taken for the cover" :)

good show on sky arts about album covers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I see McFly: It's All About Us is on ITV right now.

Didn't make Skid's post for some reason. I can only assume an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Ludwig drums. The late and great Neil Peart played them.

Ginger Baker
    Frank Beard
    John Bonham
    Bill Bruford
    Karen Carpenter
    Tre Cool
    Mick Fleetwood
    Don Henley
    Nick Mason
    Mitch Mitchell
    Keith Moon
    Cozy Powell
    Marky Ramone
    Buddy Rich
    Ringo Starr
    Roger Taylor
    Alex Van Halen
    Bill Ward
    Charlie Watts
    Meg White

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I see McFly: It's All About Us is on ITV right now.

Didn't make Skid's post for some reason. I can only assume an error.

Yes, that was an error. Sorry about that

I would have properly listed that and all, I quite like the Busted in small doses. And McBusted. Although not enough to watch an hour long show on them

I am saving Miles Davis for tomorrow.

The Carpets were fúcking great.

THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE CITY

THIS IS HOW IT FEELS TO BE SMALL

:)

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Yes, that was an error. Sorry about that

I would have properly listed that and all, I quite like the Busted in small doses. And McBusted. Although not enough to watch an hour long show on them

If you'll indulge my insecurity for a minute, I just want to be 100% clear that I was joking and was in no way offering criticism of the outstanding weekly update post.

Bleedin' McFly.

The apology is all mine.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    If you'll indulge my insecurity for a minute, I just want to be 100% clear that I was joking and was in no way offering criticism of the outstanding weekly update post.

Bleedin' McFly.

The apology is all mine.

Yeah, that's all well and dandy Donie but I wasn't actually joking.

The lad from Beastie Boys who died might be turning in his grave to this, but he shouldn't be :pac:

• Advertisement

:D:D:D

Sabotage would be more appropriate.

(Frankly, somebody should be apologising for that)

Jesus christ. Eye bleach! Ear bleach!

Ahh. That's better.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Not a fan of They Might Be Giants or anything, but when I realised Birdhouse In Your Soul was actually a bedside nighlight singing, that made that old harmless earworm song kinda sweet.

It's good but the raspy voice narration was a bit much. He was something else though. I read his biography a few years ago.
    From the day he left St. Louis for New York as a teenager to the day he died, Miles Dewey Davis III was the coolest motherfvcker on the planet. I don't say "motherfvcker" to be vulgar; it was Miles's favorite word. In his 400-page autobiography, it appears 312 times.

His art really peaked at the end of the 60's and in to the early 70's. Along with Bitches Brew, A Tribute to Jack Johnson is a masterpiece.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

today · Sat, Nov 21 · 16:30-18:50 · 300. Film4
    White Christmas - (1954) Musical, starring Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, featuring seasonal songs by Irving Berlin.
    A pair of former soldiers start a new career as nightclub entertainers. They try to boost the popularity of their old commanding officer's struggling winter resort in Vermont by staging a series of extravagant shows, with a little help from their former army buddies and a talented singing sister act.

today · Sat, Nov 21 · 15:15-17:30 · 306. TalkingPics TV
    King Creole - 1958 Musical Elvis Presley
    A high-school drop-out with a talent for singing takes a job performing at a nightclub to support his unemployed father. A local gangster wants to recruit the singer for his own establishment, and sends a seductive moll to lure him away from his girlfriend.

dasdog wrote: »
    It's good but the raspy voice narration was a bit much. He was something else though. I read his biography a few years ago.

His art really peaked at the end of the 60's and in to the early 70's. Along with Bitches Brew, A Tribute to Jack Johnson is a masterpiece.

Watching it now, I agree about the narration, it's hard work to figure it out especially when there is music playing underneath it.

Apart from that it is well made.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

BandMember wrote: »
    I genuinely think that there's both an element of snobbery (in terms of how Shane and The Pogues are perceived by middle Britain) and an (anti-)Irish aspect to it to go along with the ultra trendy liberal PC angle.

Now, maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I've felt for the past couple of years since this debate really started. Of course, it's spread across the sea to Ireland as well with that gob****e on 2FM trying to play the latter card. Thankfully, he was told where he could fúck off to very quickly by the vast majority of the public! :pac:

How's BM?

Here's a few quotes from Philip Chevron (from Medusa) I posted in a different thread yesterday.
    Did you get to see Julien Temple's Shane Doc yet?
    I'm told I'm in it for a few secs. It's a clip from another doc. Filmed in Nenagh mid 90s.

Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets on Sky Arts right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

sligojoek wrote: »
    How's BM?

Here's a few quotes from Philip Chevron (from Medusa) I posted in a different thread yesterday.
    Did you get to see Julien Temple's Shane Doc yet?
    I'm told I'm in it for a few secs. It's a clip from another doc. Filmed in Nenagh mid 90s.

Sorry, I forgot to include the link to Phil.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115355456&postcount=1231

• Advertisement

Happy Birthday Pete Best!

Advertisement