Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock II - Music Shows on BBC Four, Sky Arts and everywhere else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I was reading that Michael Bolton auditioned for Black Sabbath in the early eightees :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 72,624 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

tenor.gif?itemid=5274420

‘BACKSTREET SYMPHONY’

image37.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭dasdog

We got a live one here

HOTHOUSE FLOWERS HAD MORE THAN ONE SONG?!

db3a314fd9364c0354f3f2270647845c.gif

• Advertisement

tumblr_n46m47bvgm1sv7laoo1_500.gif

PLAY THE B-52’S!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Advert music.

Nicky Campbell's introduction - "Bow know"

Who’s that beautiful blonde man with a lovely voice?

• Advertisement

HOOTENANNY!

Oh wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Who’s that beautiful blonde man with a lovely voice?

Shes a cracker, reminds me of Leslie Dowdall.

DE-PESHAY :)

Shes a cracker, reminds me of Leslie Dowdall.

Dlq2yd3.png

Not Sam Brown - and yep she was/is pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭trashcan

HOTHOUSE FLOWERS HAD MORE THAN ONE SONG?!

db3a314fd9364c0354f3f2270647845c.gif

Fake news.

Part two of Neil Brand's TV music documentary presented in the guise of contemporary Van Morrison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I remember that Cadburys Fruit & Nut ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,901 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Starring Frank Muir.

Back when intellectuals were allowed on TV.

Today expressing the idea that some people may actually be more clever than the average Millwall supporter is not acceptable.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

HOOTENANNY!

Oh wait...

What are they going to do with the Hootenanny this year?

No audience? :(

Socially distance - 30 people in the studio? but half of the fun is watching pissed up B-list slebs barely standing up straight :)

Repeat last year's one (with a little bit of CGI to change the year) and hope everyone is too pissed up celebrating the demise of 2020 to notice? :pac:

Always wondered what would happen if one of the aged jazz/blues (or blues/jazz, if you're a Spinal Tap fan) musos karked it in the interval between recording Hootenanny and Dec 31, do they have artists or some extra numbers on standby? What would they do if word came through at 10pm on Dec 31 that they'd snuffed it? "Oh fcuk it we have to edit them out quick!!!"

Couldn't possibly admit on air that it's recorded weeks in advance :p

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

It was probably recorded in June/July when restrictions were lifted.

Meanwhile what's on now is more affirmation for International Dianne Warwick Day.

• Advertisement

Gonna sound like the late Lord Reith here, but TV was better when it had a mission statement to "Inform, Educate and Entertain" - in that order.

Open University late at night and early morning was an amazing idea which really democratized education - people who didn't have money or free time during the day could still achieve higher education and reach their potential. Harold Wilson might have been an aul eejit imho but that initiative stands to him. Kipper ties and black and white Maths 101 lectures and all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭trashcan

I remember that Cadburys Fruit & Nut ad.

I can’t believe he showed the Shake n Vac ad. Dear God, the flashbacks. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Socially distance - 30 people in the studio? but half of the fun is watching pissed up B-list slebs barely standing up straight :)

Repeat last year's one (with a little bit of CGI to change the year) and hope everyone is too pissed up celebrating the demise of 2020 to notice? :pac:

Always wondered what would happen if one of the aged jazz/blues (or blues/jazz, if you're a Spinal Tap fan) musos karked it in the interval between recording Hootenanny and Dec 31, do they have artists or some extra numbers on standby? What would they do if word came through at 10pm on Dec 31 that they'd snuffed it? "Oh fcuk it we have to edit them out quick!!!"

Couldn't possibly admit on air that it's recorded weeks in advance :p

Covid or no Covid, if I could hug Hootenanny, I would.

Gonna sound like the late Lord Reith here, but TV was better when it had a mission statement to "Inform, Educate and Entertain" - in that order.

Open University late at night and early morning was an amazing idea which really democratized education - people who didn't have money or free time during the day could still achieve higher education and reach their potential. Harold Wilson might have been an aul eejit imho but that initiative stands to him. Kipper ties and black and white Maths 101 lectures and all :)

And the unemployed or occasionally off sick from primary school could watch Rock School.

trashcan wrote: »
    I can’t believe he showed the Shake n Vac ad. Dear God, the flashbacks. :eek:

I was thinking more about how the household pets would respond to chemicals being shaked and vac'd around the house. Remember it myself :pac:

"saaaaammples" :pac:

Jeez it's like "Making The Most Of The Micro" (and I say this as a lifelong tech head who remembers that the first time around.) I was expecting CLG and graphics MODE 0 :pac:

Reverend Richard Coles of the Communards :pac:

let the crazy beginnnn..... :pac:

Bill Bailey and partner just danced to Metallica’s ‘Enter Sandman’ on Strictly.

NrF3KN.gif

• Advertisement

Just watched Julian Temple’s documentary about Shane MacGowan, ‘Crock Of Gold’.

Good stuff, although I genuinely cringed at Johnny Depp’s continuous attempts to align himself with ‘rogues’ (Shane, Keef, Hunter S. Thompson) :rolleyes:

Got dust in my eyes when Miggledy presented him with the award at the NCH :(:)

Advertisement