Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock II - Music Shows on BBC Four, Sky Arts and everywhere else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,622 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

GRETSCH SOLO KLAXON!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The lad with the sunglasses is definitely the black sheep of the band

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Good episode so far. Dont ruin it by playing Whitesnake.
    Jordan 199 wrote: »
    is that a slip of the tongue? ;)

In an interview Bernie Marsden was asked, "You must have been very proud when you first saw Whitesnake singing your song 'Here I Go Again' on MTV etc."

Bernie: Whitesnake?? You mean David and four Americans?

Is this not Simply Red?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

sligojoek wrote: »
    In an interview Bernie Marsden was asked, "You must have been very proud when you first saw Whitesnake singing your song 'Here I Go Again' on MTV etc."

Bernie: Whitesnake?? You mean David and four Americans?
    The first line up of 'American Whitesnake' consisted of a Dutch guitar player, a Norn Iron guitar player, a Cuban bass player and an American drummer.

• Advertisement

Michael singing about...

giphy.gif

PLAY IT!!

JauntyGlossyFlatfish-max-1mb.gif

Catherine Tate on keytar for The KLF? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭dasdog

Show Me Heaven probably would have won the Eurovision if it had been entered at the time. Damn song was everywhere like the unspeakable Bryan Adams number one.

Catherine Tate on keytar for The KLF? :D
    How very dare you! What a fcuking liberty! :D:D

• Advertisement

Steve Miller keeping Deee-Lite off the top spot.

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Be thankful for a Jean's ad that they're not playing Jimmy Mallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Saw FNM in Dalyer at Sunstroke '93, place was rammed with shirtless (all male unfortunately) pissed up 16 year old RHCP fans, they'd pulled out and FNM were the replacement headliners. Always liked them and thought they were great on the night, if RHCP had been on I'd have gone home by then :pac:

I was there for Sonic Youth, their sound was crap unfortunately... was the second time I saw them, first time was the infamous Top Hat '91 :)

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

FNM :)

SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST!! :cool:

Flying V.

... first time was the infamous Top Hat '91 :)

It was worth the wait that night - still relatively fresh in my memory.

Big Jim Martin, hands down my favourite guitarist turned pumpkin farmer.

From the 'Groove Is In The Heart' wiki... :(

In the UK, the record was equally popular and was released as a double A-side with "What Is Love", and, with the UK single released with the subtitle "peanut butter mix" (because the single was heavily edited and completely omitted the contributions by Bootsy Collins and Q-Tip), it eventually reached number 2 during September 1990. Its placing second was due to a rule instituted in the UK Singles Chart in the 1980s, which settled any "ties" over chart positions due to equal sales: the single with sales that had increased most from the previous week would reside above the other, controversially giving "The Joker" by the Steve Miller Band the top place.

Following complaints from Deee-Lite's record company, WEA, the rule, of which this had been the only case, was scrapped and joint positions were once again allowed. However, it turned out that the 2,595 panel sales that both records achieved for this week of 15 September 1990 had been rounded up, with chart compilers Gallup later releasing the data that showed that the Steve Miller Band were indeed a fraction ahead (selling about eight copies more than Deee-Lite) :eek: ."The Joker" spent a second week at the number-one spot and thereafter convincingly outsold "Groove Is in the Heart".

The Welsh elvis, nothing says rock n roll like some DIY

• Advertisement

SUPER FURRIES ON BBC FOUR KLAXON!!

Shakin Stevens is Welsh - I never knew that and I'm using it as a very good excuse to start smoking lots of bongs after a rather busy working week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Interesting music story find of the week...’that’ incident at the Brit Awards starring Jarvis Cocker and Michael Jackson!

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2021/feb/19/bum-rush-the-show-jarvis-cockers-britpop-celebrity-moment

I didn’t know members of Massive Attack were on the same table as Jarvis...I would have thought they’d be seated up in the Mezzanine.

Thank you, I’m here all week! :cool:

Strange the mention of Tricky. I remember reading an interview with him not too long after where he tore into Jarvis over the Jacko thing.

Who'd win in a relatively contemporary musical fight off between Ireland and Wales? Scotland I'd say.

68 GUNS!

OH YEAH! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

The Alarm - Wales's answer to Big Country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭its_steve116

fryup wrote: »
    The Alarm - Wales's answer to Big Country

Mike Peters is actually Big Country's former singer, until 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

‘The Girl From Tiger Bay’.

No, you’re crying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

dasdog wrote: »
    It was worth the wait that night - still relatively fresh in my memory.

Yeah. Support act wasn't bad either, wonder whatever happened to them?

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Advertisement