Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock II - Music Shows on BBC Four, Sky Arts and everywhere else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Agree, widespread how badly black artists were treated from a financial point of view also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

His Sunday afternoon show on BBC 6music is a firm favourite in our house for the dinner preparation, worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

URE-O-VEE-SHON!

Tonight - BBC One 6.30pm

Eurovision Welcomes The World

Rylan and Sunetra Sarker kick off Eurovision with highlights from this year’s turquoise carpet and performances including Frankie Goes To Hollywood and Ukraine’s Jamala.

BBC One 9pm

Jason and Chelcee’s Ultimate Guide

Jason Manford and Chelcee Grimes explore the world’s largest live music event.

Tomorrow - BBC One and RTE One 8pm

Semi-Final 1

Ireland are SIXTH in the running order.

Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole, etc.!

Thursday - BBC One and RTE Two 8pm

Semi-Final 2

Friday - BBC One 7.30pm

Eurovision: Everyone’s A Winner

In a countdown show with a twist, Fleur East and a celebrity panel of Eurovision fans toast 20 songs that did not come first in the contest but still became huge global hits.

Saturday - BBC One

5.50pm Pointless Celebrities: Eurovision 2023

6.40pm The Hit List: Eurovision Special

7.30pm Eurovision Countdown with The One Show

Alex Jones and Rylan are live in Liverpool to raise the curtain on the biggest party in Europe!

AND THEN…THE MAIN EVENT!

BBC One and RTE One 8pm

Grand Final

Live from Liverpool and held in the UK for the first time since 1998, watch Loreen crowned the winn…er, I mean, watch all the acts go head-to-head in an equal chance for Euroglory!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Seems that each of the 4 Fri historical ToTP episodes shown on the BEEB for the last few months has included at least one play of that Wet Wet Wet song distinguished only by the singer's hair /facial hair style 😶

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Paul McCartney at the BBC on BBC 4 now. Very enjoyable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

That song - Love is All Around - was Number 1 for 15 weeks in 1994. That would explain two episodes from 1994 each week, but it would not have been on the other two episodes covering earlier years. The singer’s name is Marti Pellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They were number one for so long it distorted the space time continuum.

That or maybe you are recording the end of each programme also at the start of the next...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

OK, I may have exaggerated

A little

(And yes, I'm aware the singer has a name)

The space-time distortion sounds plausable all right. (I wouldn't be recording it anyway😂)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,704 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It was a sad reflection on the state of the UK singles chart that the likes of that shìte got to number 1 in the first place never mind stayed there as long as it did. Bryan Adams too. Singles charts once reflected the happening young people of today. Maybe this was a premonition of the dead hand of the Brexit generation, miserable cûnts determined to make the lives of those younger than them at least as miserable too.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

I had forgotten them. So thanks for that.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Blondie going through her KLF phase here

John Peel really murdering his links this week in 1982.

Catching up now... the Scottish World Cup squad were higher in chart than Blondie! Eeek.

Was it some sort of betting pool game with the presenters with the links.. dared on to work in obscure references.

Prince And The Revolution live at their peak in 1985 on BBC Two in fifteen minutes!

Royal Blood on Jools Holland right now.

Would have been funny if nobody applauded.

:D

If you’re not at least remotely moved by ‘Let’s Go Crazy’, you are officially dead inside and Patrick Kielty will interview your family on the LLS in September.

‘Little Red Corvette’ - absolute classic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭trashcan

• Advertisement

Tonight on BBC4, seems to be a new music documentary series "They All Came Out to Montreux". All three episodes will air tonight.

Before the documentary at 9pm will be Nina Simone: Live At Montreux 1976.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mollser

Sugababes on sky arts is quite sad, reminds me of an article I read some time ago about how the Sugababe line up could change on a whim, they were just low paid employees easily replaceable - one of the starkest examples of record company exploitation systems. Shows with this performance, minimal effort given, no show or background effort whatsoever!

Would love if pulp were being shown live but don't think they are being?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

At least its the original sugarbabes line up

When I think of Sugababes touring and recording once again in 2023, I can’t help but feel sorry for poor Heidi Range.

She was in the band for far longer than the others (through their entire imperial phase), yet completely jettisoned.

Whilst Siobhan was only with the band for the first (underperforming) album.

Peter Hook impersonating Ian Curtis.

Me no likey :(

Peter hook a little before my time, so not even heard of him. Banger after hit, legend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Peter Hook was the bassist and one of the founding members of Joy Division, which featured singer Ian Curtis. After the death of Ian Curtis, the three surviving members of New Order, including Peter, formed New Order. Peter fell out with the others in New Order during the second half of the '00s. His bass guitar was am important element in New Order's music, including their massive hit Blue Monday. He had a very distinctive style where he played it like a lead guitar. Peter Hook was also one-half of a side project called Monaco. Monaco had a couple of hits, including What Do You Want From Me. He was the deep-voiced lead vocalist on that song.

Pulp live at IOW on Sky Arts right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

N Dubz, no thanks

• Advertisement

I thought that and their genre is meh to me... but then i watched them and was blown away... that is how you perform, complete carnage! Tunes actually surprisingly OK to!

Advertisement