Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock II - Music Shows on BBC Four, Sky Arts and everywhere else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,689 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Here’s the link for Fontaines set from here in the UK, can you access it over there?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0j2ml52/glastonbury-fontaines-dc

Not without a VPN. I set up a BBC account but access is still blocked, it's not at all clear what if anything the account gives access to…

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Non-Glastonbury related news - five music channels on Sky (4Music, The Box, Kiss, Magic and Kerrang) are closing down on July 1st.

Surprised they last this long TBH, especially when you can watch videos on your phone.

I was practically raised on Linkin Park TV, I mean Kerrang TV. 😁

Never been a fan of Coldplay (even when I saw them perform to eight people - one of whom was me), but I must admit they do pit on a good show.

Great stuff from Little Simz so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Is that woman from Dr strange trying to put a curse on people?

Points deducted for Orbital for one member being barefoot.

😞

Coldplay’s set moved to BBC One right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I just can't bring myself to sit through watching Coldplay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

watching back yesterday and spot the Oxegen Festival flag! Obscure!

• Advertisement

Do RTE not cover The Electric Picnic in the same way the BBC cover Glastonbury?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

god no, that would make far too much sense and be far too fun!

😁

I remember back in the day when RTE would give extensive coverage to Oxegen/Witness across both radio and TV. IIRC, Metallica’s full set was shown (‘St. Anger’-era), so I guess around 2003. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,085 ✭✭✭squonk

Coldplay are quite boring. Never was a big fan but it’s like all the work has been put in but the music is kind of meh.

Shoutout by Coldplay for Peter Andre!

Now a niche reference! 😁

Well that wasn’t worth waiting not! NO MORE TUNES…PLEASE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭BandMember

They did for a year or two around 2015/16 (I think), but it was absolutely fúcking awful!! Eoghan McDermott and Jenny Greene presenting, they just a couple of songs from the big name bands on the main stage while acting like two kids waiting for Santa inbetween the songs who just kept on about how Laura Whitmore would be joining them for a chat at some point. Painful. Don't think they ever covered it again after that. RTÉ are clueless when it comes to stuff like this, always have been.

Yes, it was deeply shîte. It looked like they just used the press access because they only showed the first few songs in a set. Deeply frustrating if you liked a band and very disappointing if you were looking for a band to convert you to a fan. You saw basically nothing and then presenters acting like excited gimps telling you how great it all was. They’d have been better off not bothering.

RTE don't give a shít about even trying to give the viewers what they want. They bank their wages and that's all that matters.

• Advertisement

Watching the Jessie Ware set on iplayer at the moment. Great fun and she has a great voice.

GLASTONBURY - DAY THREE

BBC ONE

3.45pm Shania Twain

BBC TWO

7pm Shania Twain, Janelle Monae, Avril Lavigne, Brittany Howard, Burna Boy and NIA Archives

9pm SZA

BBC FOUR

7pm Seasick Steve and Paloma Faith

8.30pm Steel Pulse and Brittany Howard

9.45pm The National

11.15pm Highlights from across the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I've been a fan since this beautiful acoustic set for Other voices, she seems to be having a lot of success with the dancier stuff but I'd like to see her doing some more stripped down stuff.

And then this is confusing because I think her and the actress Gemma Atherron look like sisters… and here she is, in a Jessie Ware video!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

J missed out completely on her earlier stuff. She really only hit my radar last September watching the coverage of BBC Radio 2 in the Park in Leicester. She did one of her earlier songs in last nights set and she blew the place apart. I’d sooner have seen her as a Friday night headliner than Dua Lipa just because I think she has more going on. She did mention she was the “fúcking queen of mid tempo in her earlier guise” in her intro to her earlier song. She definitely doesn’t seem to take herself too seriously and that made for a much better gig. It’s well worth a watch for anyone with iplayer. It really was the perfect antidote to Coldplay.

Thanks fur that video. That’s a great song. I get some SEAL

vibes from that which is great as he’s another artist I have a lot of time f in r, certainly his earlier stuff at least.

Has Shania been hitting the cider?

I’m surprised! She sounds absolutely brutal. If they weee all chambered it’d make sense. The whole thing sounds very off.

Not a country fan really but they’re generally great performers but this is just awful.

Not saying she’s having an off day live, but keep in mind the vocals on her albums (like Britney’s) were so compressed and tinkered with to sound almost ‘robotic’.

totally get that and her big albums that we all know were over produced to within an inch of tgeir lives. It’s just that country performers can usually deliver the goods live. She isn’t today. It sounds like her vocal ability has declined with age. Christ Diana Ross sounded better and she’s 25 years her senior!

Just found out she contracted Lyme Disease a few years ago and had to have open-throat surgery, so I think we can cut her some slack.

• Advertisement

ah that does explain it.

Advertisement