Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock II - Music Shows on BBC Four, Sky Arts and everywhere else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

A great big HNY to you guys (Jesus, are we allowed to say that these days).
    For absolutely no reason; bar the fact it's a great song and yer one is a ride, I'll just throw this out there for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

A wonderful education about Jeff Beck last night on BBC4 - hadn't seen that documentary before. I knew he was a genius but also comes across as just a really nice guy.

Amen, for the night that's in it this is my favourite ever Hootenanny! song

They should play it every year, be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With the success of biopics such as Bohemian Rhapsody etc a Phil lynott one would make such a good movie

Are there any plans to do one ?? Wasant Neil Jordon interested in doing one ?

Hi, like the last few chocolates in the bottom of the tin there are a few treats left this week/end. Springsteen, Lomax, the Boomtown Rats, The Blues Brothers, Clapton and Annie Lennox all present and correct. TOTP is going to party like it's 1987 ...

Wednesday
    6pm - 9pm Johnny Cash: Song By Song (Sky Arts)
    I Walk The Line / Ring Of Fire / Jackson / A Boy Named Sue/ Sunday Morning Comin Down / Hurt

9pm Paul Weller: May Love Travel With You (Sky Arts)
    The singer-songwriter performs at London's Royal Festival Hall accompanied by an orchestra, playing a career-spanning set from Jam classics to songs from latest album True Meanings

9.30pm Lomax in Éirinn (TG4)
    Pol Brennan of Clannad presents a programme that uncovers the story behind the first LP of Irish music, which brought the genre to the world
    https://www.rte.ie/culture/2018/0905/991745-lomax-in-eirinn-the-ethnomusicologist-who-saved-irish-music/
    Trailer

10.30pm Tradfest TG4 (TG4)
    Doireann Ni Ghlacain meets with well-established Scottish band Blazin' Fiddles who play upbeat regional music from the Scottish Highlands and islands. Plus, music from Pierre Bensusan, Aoife Scott and Andy Meany, and Aidan Connolly

10.30pm The Story Of The Jam: About The Young Idea (Sky Arts)
    Documentary about the band, who were at the forefront of the late-1970s punk-mod scene, tracing the group's history from formation in 1975 to its end in 1982. Featuring interviews with frontman Paul Weller, bassist Bruce Foxton and drummer Rick Buckler, as well as archive performances

11.15pm Bruce Springsteen - In His Own Words (RTE1) New!
    An exclusive insight into the life of one of the most respected musicians in the world, as he opens up about his in a series of intimate conversations about his life and career
    http://www.maximumsound.org/Bruce-Springsteen-In-His-Own-Words-Documentary-DVD_p_9248.html

11.35pm John Mayall and Eric Clapton - 70th Birthday Concert (TG4) New!
    The blues legend teams up for the first time in 38 years with former Bluesbreakers Eric Clapton and Mick Taylor as well as jazzman Chris Barber to perform classics from a long and distinguished career. The backbone of the British blues scene since the mid-1960s, John's hard-working band was a nursery for the rock explosion of the 1970s, spawning countless spin-off groups, but always remaining true to the spirit of the roots music and finding new audiences as fashions came and went - as he does in this benefit concert at Liverpool's King's Dock Arena on behalf of Unicef (2003)

Midnight Shirley Bassey at the BBC (BBC4)

12.15am Video Killed The Radio Star - Joe Strummer (Sky Arts)

12.45am The Rise And Fall Of The Clash (Sky Arts)
    Danny Garcia's documentary chronicling the punk band's rise from London's pubs to playing stadiums in America, and their subsequent downward spiral from this pinnacle

1am Our Musical History - Synth and Beyond With Stephen Morris And Gillian Gilbert (BBC4)

Thursday
    12.15pm Na Baileid (TG4)
    John Spillane with songs from Sligo and Donegal

2pm Glen Campbell - I'll Be Me (Sky Arts)
    Documentary following the country star and his wife Kim on tour across America, featuring contributions by Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney and Bill Clinton

4pm Shania Twain Live In Las Vegas (Sky Arts)

6pm-9pm Dolly Parton Song By Song (Sky Arts)
    Coat Of Many Colours/Jolene/I Will Always Love You/ It's All Wrong But It's All RIght/9 To 5/ Travellin Thru

11.25pm Kila: Porta Oir (RTE2)
    A portrait of the band whose mixture of folk and world music has made them one of Ireland's most popular live acts, combining concert footage, interviews and backstage moments

11.30pm Ed Sheeran In Concert for Radio 2 (BBC1)

12.18am Nina Simone Live At Montreux (TG4)
    The soul singer at the 1976 Montreux Jazz Festival, featuring songs including Little Girl Blue, Backlash Blues, Stars and I Wish I Knew How it Would Feel to Be Free

1am Our Musical History - Disco And Beyond With Ana Matronic and Martyn Ware (BBC4)

Friday
    11.30am Carole King - Tapestry Live From Hyde Park (Sky Arts)

12.15pm Na Baileid (TG4)

From Northern Ireland

12.45pm Paul Simon - Live From Hyde Park (Sky Arts)

2pm The Rolling Stones In Hyde Park (Sky Arts)

3.15pm BST Hyde Park 2017 (Sky Arts)

5.15pm Music Icons - Dusty Springfield (Sky Arts)

5.45pm Paul McCartney- Live Kisses (Sky Arts)

US TV Special from 2012 where Macca does songs from his Album Kisses On The Bottom

6.30pm Reeling In The Years 1996 (RTE1)

7.15pm Beatles Stories (Sky Arts)
    Fans reveal how they found themselves playing Monopoly with George Harrison, eating beans on toast with Ringo Starr, drinking rum with John Lennon and performing with a Beatles tribute band in front of producer George Martin

8pm & 1am Only Yesterday - The Carpenters Story (BBC4)
    Doc

9pm The Beatles - From Liverpool To San Francisco (Sky Arts)
    Cheesy US Doc about their early days

9pm & 2am Top Of The Pops - The Story Of 1987 (BBC4) New!
    Some of 1987's biggest music stars look back on the year, which saw Margaret Thatcher secure a third term as prime minister, while the Channel Tunnel began construction and Britain was battered by the Great Storm. While those events unfolded in the outside world, the TOTP studio provided a haven for those who wanted to escape. Stock, Aitken and Waterman provided the floor-fillers as hip-hop and rap made their mark on the chart alongside the homegrown House genre. Contributors include Terence Trent D'Arby, Curiosity Killed the Cat, Rick Astley, Kim Appleby, Andy Bell, Carol Decker and Belinda Carlisle

10pm Top Of The Pops - Big Hits 1987 (BBC4) New!
    As BBC Four's weekly TOTP repeats reach 1987, this programme celebrates the biggest songs from the year. Performers include Ricky Astley, Whitney Houston, T'Pau, Mel & Kim, Curiosity Killed the Cat, Eric B & Rakim, Pet Shop Boys, Alison Moyet and Boy George

10pm Donovan and The Beatles in India (Sky Arts)
    In 1968 the Beatles visited India, where they discovered meditation and wrote over two dozen songs that were included in the White Album, Abbey Road and later solo albums. In this documentary, folk singer Donovan - who was the ringleader of the trip - retraces the journey he and the Fab Four took to shine a light on a world of peace, love and incredible creativity

11pm The Beatles - Hippies and Hells Angels (Sky Arts)
    The Story of The Beatles' Apple Corporation "one of the most colourful, outlandish and chaotic companies that ever existed"

11pm The Kate Bush Story - Running Up That Hill (BBC4)
    Documentary exploring the singer-songwriter's career and music from her 1978 debut single Wuthering Heights to her 2011 album 50 Words for Snow with testimony from collaborators, fellow artists inspired by her work and fans. Featuring David Gilmour, the guitarist who discovered Bush, as well as Peter Gabriel, Elton John, Stephen Fry, Outkast's Big Boi and Steve Coogan

11.25pm Other Voices - Villagers Special (RTE2)

Midnight Kate Bush at the BBC (BBC4)
    Compilation of the singer's performances at the BBC's studios between 1978 and 1994. Bush appeared on a variety of programmes, including Top of the Pops, Wogan, Ask Aspel, Saturday Night at the Mill and the Leo Sayer Show. Featuring the hits Wuthering Heights, Babooshka, Running Up That Hill and Hounds of Love, as well as intriguing and lesser-known material

Midnight Film: Love & Mercy (Brian Wilson BioPic) (RTE2)
    Biopic of the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson, following the singer-songwriter at two periods in his life. In the 1960s, he is at his creative peak, but haunted by inner demons that take their toll on his mental health. By the 1980s, he is a broken man dominated by a shady doctor, until a new relationship offers him a chance at recovery. Starring John Cusack, Paul Dano, Paul Giamatti and Elizabeth Banks

12.30am Annie Lennox - An Evening Of Nostalgia (TG4) New!
    The singer fronts her only full concert performance of songs from her Grammy-nominated Nostalgia album, demonstrating her distinctive vocal and performance talents on an array of classic American standards to one of rock n roll most enduring classics. She concludes with a selection of her own hits performed solo at the piano. Filmed by director Natalie Johns
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCbGFmJeBrM

12.45am An Audience With Diana Ross (VM1)

1am Beach Boys Good Vibrations Tour (Sky Arts)
    From 1976

2am Discovering Music - The Beach Boys (Sky Arts)

2.10am Pop, Pride And Prejudice (Channel 4)
    Documentary exploring how the likes of Dusty Springfield, David Bowie and George Michael fought a battle for hearts and minds that mirrored the political struggle for gay rights. Contributors include Holly Johnson, Jake Shears and Skin

2.30am Discovering Music - The Monkees (Sky Arts)

Saturday
    12.15pm Na Baileid (TG4)
    Songs from Dublin

2.45pm Fats Domino and The Birth Of Rock And Roll (Sky Arts)

4.45pm The Music Of Buddy Holly And The Crickets (Sky Arts)

5.50pm Opry An Iuir (TG4)

6.45pm Lenny Kravitz - Just Let Go Live (Sky Arts)

9pm Film: The Blues Brothers (ITV4)
    Yay!

9pm Coldplay Live In Sao Paolo (Sky Arts)

11.15pm Muse Live In Rome 2013 (Sky Arts)

11.50pm The Rolling Stones At Hampton Coliseum 1981 (TG4)

11.30pm Top Of The Pops - The Story Of 1987 (BBC4)

As Friday

12.30am Top Of The Pops - Big Hits 1987 (BBC4)
    As Friday

1.10am Urban Myths - Backstage at Live Aid (Sky Arts)

1.40am Queen - The Phenomenon (Sky Arts)

Doc

Sunday
    12pm Close To You: Remembering The Carpenters (Sky Arts)

12.10pm Na Baileid (TG4)

Tipp,Carlow and Wexford

1.15pm California Dreamin': The Songs Of The Mamas And The Papas (Sky Arts)

2.30pm The Hollies: Look Through Any Window (Sky Arts)

9.30pm Doolin Folk Festival (TG4)

Coverage of the event in its fifth year, featuring Luka Bloom, Susan O'Neill, Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh, Martin Hayes, Steve Cooney and the critically acclaimed Paul Brady

10.30pm Bosca Ceoil (TG4)
    The line-up includes Dervish, Buttons & Bows, Fidil, At First Light and Pol O Ceannabhain, and presenter Pauline Scanlon performs on stage with Flook. Last in the series

11.10pm The Boomtown Rats: On A Night Like This (TG4) New!
    A concert by the band recorded in 1985, in support of their last album In the Long Grass. Featuring classic hits including Rat Trap and I Don't Like Mondays

And that's about that, back to something approaching normality soon

The Best Ski-Ing Theme Tune Of The Week might be Ski Sunday, which returns on BBC2 at 5.15pm on eh, Sunday. Ash once appeared on Ski Sunday http://www.atomicduster.com/interviews/ash04_01/index.html

As usual SkidX a HUGE thanks for these and of course your contributions over the last number of years on this thread. Happy New Year everyone.

Will be recording Annie Lennox tomorrow night as a big fan. Really hope she’ll play Ireland soon.

• Advertisement

I have to say, that the Phil Lynott documentary on RTÈ was the best music based programme I watched in a long while! Superb stuff, left me wanting to see more !

Weird one I watched the other day,

Scannal! on RTE1 had a show about the Whiddy Oil disaster which featured a clip of this song from the Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem

After Googling it, it appears that the song was commissioned by Gulf Oil as part of their Sponsorship of the Apollo 11 Moon Landings on NBC
    Bringin' Home the Oil is an Irish-themed sea shanty written in 1969 by Tommy Makem and the Clancy Brothers as the theme for a two-minute-long television commercial for Gulf Oil as part of their sponsorship of NBC News coverage of the US space program and the national political conventions in celebration of Gulf Oil's then-new operations in Bantry Bay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bringin%27_Home_the_Oil

Now, I am in the dark as to why Gulf Oil reckoned Makem and Clancy singing about bringing oil to Bantry would make the ideal soundtrack for the good Americans waiting for Neil and Buzz to make history on the Moon

But it made an impression, here's a few comments
    Oh gosh... yes I remember this... during the (hours and hours and hours of continuous) coverage of the Apollo moon missions they'd run this thing about every five minutes. It was maddening.
    Oh yes I remember this commercial. And like others who have posted already, I associate it with NBC's coverage of the Apollo lunar landings in 1969. I was nine years old. What memories!
    Four-year-old me couldn't decide whether I wanted to be an astronaut or "a workin' on a tank ship" when I grew up!
    During NBC coverage of the Apollo lunar flights, Frank McGee (who anchored those space shots) would often announce "We'll be back after this word from Gulf, sung by the Clancy Brothers...".

Sure here it is, Makem and Clancy and Armstrong and Aldrin - entwined forever in the memories of some Americans

• Registered Users Posts: 72,658 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Heading back to 1987 tonight...

POSSIBLE WET WET WET ALERT!!

1527803988582.gif

CODE RED! I REPEAT...CODE RED!

Has Ben Volpeliere-Pierrot shrunk, or has his hat simply got bigger? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Hat's been on other adventures recently... :pac:

• Advertisement

‘Let’s Work’ by Mick Jagger.

*shudder*

LET’S HEAR IT FOR NEWTON-LE-WILLOWS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Martin Benedict Volpeliere-Pierrot, just your average working class guy, give him a break.

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

Brief glimpse there on TOTP 1987 of Black, aka Colin Vearncombe - died in a road crash near Cork Airport about two years ago now (RIP).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

‘Let’s Work’ by Mick Jagger.

*shudder*

Mick Jagger, work? Ah come on now Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

There's a docu-film thing about to be released about them. I'd watch documentaries about anything and anyone but this looks dreadful! :p

Anyone watch that Bros docu? I lasted about 20 mins. I was bored to tears. They seemed like a strange, deluded pair of individuals. It also reminded of how much I hated them and their music when they first hit the scene! :p

Anyone watch that Bros docu? I lasted about 20 mins. I was bored to tears. They seemed like a strange, deluded pair of individuals. It also reminded of how much I hated them and their music when they first hit the scene! :p

The sad part which also made the documentary hilarious was that they deemed themselves serious and credible musicians - no bad thing, but sadly, they will always be known as a teenypop boyband, who were swept away by the arrival of New Kids On The Block.

*hides 'Push' under pile of Arcade Fire Cd's*

The sad part which also made the documentary hilarious was that they deemed themselves serious and credible musicians - no bad thing, but sadly, they will always be known as a teenypop boyband, who were swept away by the arrival of New Kids On The Block.

The thing about the Push Album, usually reliable sources tell me when you got the tape version Side 1 was called Push and Side 2 was called Pull

So I am led to believe anyway

Also, same era popsters Brother Beyond came up with their name solely because they wanted to beside Bros in the alphabetical Record Store shelf listings

In fairness, I watched it and thought it was....erm...eh....sad:D

One twin wanting to be the "song-arranger" and the other twin wanting to be the eh, drummer/song-arranger.

They believe their own hype- they're happy i guess.

Skid X wrote: »
    The thing about the Push Album, usually reliable sources tell me when you got the tape version Side 1 was called Push and Side 2 was called Pull

So I am led to believe anyway

Also, same era popsters Brother Beyond came up with their name solely because they wanted to beside Bros in the alphabetical Record Store shelf listings

What happens if you play it backwards?

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »

Lluphsup.

sligojoek wrote: »

You get the secret tape of this Late Late Show appearance where they plug their final single "Try", which didn't get into the Irish Top 30. Gay asks them where all their money went and tells them to be more careful. Then Status Quo come on for a chat with Bros.

Bros split weeks later

Legend/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

This should be interesting - three part series

Guitar, Drum and Bass
    BBC Four Fri Jan 11 21:00:00

1/3. Stewart Copeland explores why drums are essential to modern popular music and how they remain, across the world, the consistent force behind musical evolution. Contains some strong language.

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Guitar, Drum and Bass

1/3. Stewart Copeland ... Contains some strong language.
    Did someone mention Sting?

Guitar, Drum and Bass

1/3. Stewart Copeland explores why drums are essential to modern popular music and how they remain, across the world, the consistent force behind musical evolution. Contains some strong language.

Yep, that's the big one kicking off this weekend. BBC4 like to give the others channels a chance by billing it under about three different titles but it looks good

Elsewhere, Gary Davies steers TOTP headlong into 1987, I thought the Story Of 1987 show was good last week, hopefully that's a sign of good things to come. Sky has stuff to commemorate Elvis's Birthday, he'll enjoy that ...

Thursday
    7.30pm & Midnight Top Of The Pops 1987 - January 1st (BBC4) New!
    Gary Davies presents the January 1 edition, featuring Status Quo, A-ha, Alison Moyet, Elkie Brooks, Gary Moore, Spitting Image and Madonna

9pm A Little Bit Showband - Paddy Cole (TG4)

10pm Bowie, Prince and Music Legends We Lost In 2016 (Sky Arts)

Sky must be disappointed with the calibre of Music Legends who died in the last two years, so here is the 2016 Vintage again

11.30pm Video Killed The Radio Star - David Bowie (Sky Arts)

Friday
    2pm Discovering Music - David Bowie (Sky Arts)

3pm Music Videos That Defined The 80s (Sky Arts)
    4pm Music Videos That Shaped The 90s (Sky Arts)

7.30pm & 12.30am Top Of The Pops 1987 - January 8th (BBC4)
    Gary Davies presents the edition first aired on January 8, featuring performances by Swing Out Sister, Steve `Silk' Hurley, Lionel Richie, the Pretenders, Iggy Pop, Robbie Nevil, Paul Simon, Jackie Wilson and Genesis

8pm & 2am It's Only Rock And Roll: Rock And Roll At The BBC (BBC4)
    A compilation of classic rock 'n' roll artists and songs in celebration of the musical genre, Including performances by Jerry Lee Lewis, Dion, Dick Dale and Neil Se#$@a. Plus, a selection of songs with rock 'n' roll in the title, such as Tom Petty's Anything That's Rock 'n' Roll, Joan Jett's I love Rock 'n' Roll and Oasis's Rock 'n' Roll Star

8pm Music Icons - Buddy Holly (Sky Arts)
    8.30pm Music Icons - Otis Redding (Sky Arts)

9pm & 3am Guitar Drum And Bass: On Drums - Stewart Copeland (BBC4) New!
    (They have messed up the name of this show, the trailer has a different title to the listings)
    The former Police musician explores the drums as the founding instrument of popular modern music. Beats that travelled from Africa, via New Orleans and across the world, are the consistent force behind musical evolution. Stewart plays with some of the most inspiring drummers of the past 50 years, including John Densmore of the Doors, Chad Smith of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Prince's musical director Sheila E, New Order's Stephen Morris and the Foo Fighters' Taylor Hawkins. He also goes dancing in New Orleans, builds his own bass drum pedal and checks out hot new bands on Santa Monica beach
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2019/02/on-drums-stewart-copeland

9pm Film: The Blues Brothers (ITV4)

9pm Marvin Gaye: What's Going On? (Sky Arts)
    A profile of the soul singer, songwriter and producer, who helped shape the sound of Motown in the 1960s and released a string of classic albums in the 1970s

10pm TOTP Big Hits 1964-1975 (BBC4)

10.15pm Coldplay - Austin City Limits (Sky Arts)

2011 Concert

11.30pm Coldplay Live In Sao Paolo (Sky Arts)
    2017 Concert

11.30pm Reginald D Hunter's Songs Of The South (BBC4)
    Ep 1/3 Tennessee & Kentucky The Georgia-born, London-based comedian goes on a road trip to explore the American South through its songs both past and present, beginning with the music of Kentucky and Tennessee. He examines the disturbing tradition of blackface minstrels, and visits Dollywood theme park, a slave plantation, the home of country music in Nashville, a moonshine distillery in Gatlinburg and a string-band festival in Mount Air. Featuring contributions by Dolly Parton, the Handsome Family and Del McCoury (On Youtube it is muted but it is available on other videos sites accorfing to Google)

1am Motown At The BBC (BBC4)

Saturday
    4.30pm Johnny Cash - Behind Prison Walls (Sky Arts)
    1977 Concert from Tennessee State Prison in Nashville

5.30pm Johnny Cash's Bitter Tears (Sky Arts)
    The story behind Johnny Cash's lost Native American-themed concept album and his collaboration with folk artist Peter La Farge

6.45pm Bee Gees: One Night Only (Sky Arts)
    1997 Concert

9pm The Seven Ages Of Elvis (Sky Arts)
    Forty years on from his 'death', this documentary looks at the legacy of Elvis Presley through the lens of seven key stages of his life

10.30pm Top Of The Pops 1987 - January 1st (BBC4)
    As Thursday

11.45pm Elvis: The Final Hours (Sky Arts)
    Documentary exploring the highs and lows of Elvis Presley's life, as told by a small group of the singer's closest friends and confidants

11pm Top Of The Pops 1987 - January 8th (BBC4)
    As Friday

11.30pm The Heart Of Country: How Nashville Became Music City USA (BBC4)
    The story of the hub of country music, revealing the relationship between commerce and art that has defined Nashville since 1925,
    featuring Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, Brad Paisley and Steve Earle and others

11.45pm Music Legends We Lost In 2018 (Sky Arts)
    A celebration of musicians who died this year, including Aretha Franklin, Dolores O'Riordan, Avicii, Hugh Masekela, Mark E Smith and Chas Hodges

Midnight Breag Agus Cairde (TG4)
    Reggae band Breag play a 20th anniversary show in Belfast and are joined by acts who have performed with them over the years, including Alabama 3, Kila and John Spillane.

12.45am Music Videos That Shaped The 80s (Sky Arts)

1am Guitar Drum And Bass: On Drums - Stewart Copeland (BBC4)

1.45am Coldplay - Austin City Limits (Sky Arts)

2011 Concert

Sunday
    2pm When Patsy Cline Was Crazy (Sky Arts)

3pm Diana Ross Live In Central Park 1983 (Sky Arts)

9pm Frank Sinatra: The Main Event Live From Madison Square Garden (Sky Arts)

1974 TV Special

9.30pm Doolin Folk Festival (TG4)
    Performances by the likes of Steph Geremia, Ultan Conlon, Iarla O Lionaird & Steve Cooney, Zoe Conway and Lunasa along with the legendary Paul Brady among others

10pm Ceol on Chlann (TG4) New!
    New series. The Mac Ruairi family, raised on the Gaelic songs and stories of Rann na Feirste, passed on from their parents, grandparents and generations before them

10pm Frank Sinatra - The Voice Of America (Sky Arts)
    Doc

And that's about that this weekend, lots more to come soon.
    Hopefully

Finally, in the week that Larry Gogan got moved from 2FM he would like to remind everyone that he isn't retiring - he's Going to RTE Gold and I suspect he is still available for cameo appearances in iconic music videos if anyone hears of anything like that coming up ..

Didn’t know Jon Richardson played keyboards for Swing Out Sister.

This song appears to be called Sweet Surrender but needs more Marti Pellow

Skid X wrote: »
    This song appears to be called Sweet Surrender but needs more Marti Pellow

And by more, you mean...none. Ever. :D

• Advertisement

Any of these ballerinas going to make a clay bust of Lionel?

Advertisement