Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock II - Music Shows on BBC Four, Sky Arts and everywhere else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,658 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Samantha Fox and her big...hit single. :)

Viv Campbell playing axe for the t’Snake before joining the t’Leppard.

‘When Smokey Sings’!

Ah yeah! :D

Oh god :(

I had a feeling this wasn’t going to be The Firm featuring Jimmy Page and Paul Rodgers.

Or is it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Samantha Fox and her big...hit single. :)

Just the one? I thought she had a pair :)

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

4wotitsworth, Red Hot Chili Peppers are apparently having a show at the pyramids at ~6pm and livestreaming it on their YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55pe6t5uc8I

Love much of their stuff back in the day (waves hands vaguely re when-to-when), anyway, so may have a look

Noticable lack of dancing from an act performing a song called ‘Let’s Dance’.

Hands down, my favourite artist with a name containing two references to the East Midlands.

‘Walk On Hot Coals’ by Rory Gallagher...awesome :cool:

Ha, he remembered to mime the sax at last :pac:

• Advertisement

I met my looooove, by the gas works wall... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I met my looooove, by the gas works wall... :)

I've won money off people who swore blind that song was written about Dublin

Quite like this Don't Go thing, at least I would if it were shorter - much better than the Eurovision entry the year it was used in the contest production (?or somesuch)

CARK! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭OldRio

Delores... Linger... FFS Tears.

CARK! :D
    Speaking of which...too much to hope for a Ping from the Sultans? :D

Speaking of which...too much to hope for a Ping from the Sultans? :D

I was thinking the same thing...don’t think they ever appeared on TOTP or Jools Holland :(

Love Love Love The Frank And Walters :)

I was on a National Express bus there recently

I have to say it wasn't quite the experience Neil Hannon had led me to believe. No hostess serving crisps or tea at all.

Imelda thinking ‘this Jools Holland show might work well on Irish TV...’

I was thinking the same thing...don’t think they ever appeared on TOTP or Jools Holland :(

Love Love Love The Frank And Walters :)

BBC Genome lists the complete Sultans of Ping BBC appearances from 1923-2009

https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/search/0/20?adv=0&q=%22sultans+of+ping%22&media=all&yf=1923&yt=2009&mf=1&mt=12&tf=00%3A00&tt=00%3A00#search

One appearance on Rapido on BBC2 and one EuroConcert thing on Radio 1 where they were billed with a Yugoslavian band :(

... but here they are on Rapido !

• Advertisement

At least a couple of amazing concerts from a few years ago in Europe from the Strypes on YouTube. Gone now - hope one or two continue in music

Oops missed the end of the rugby U20s
    grand slam :D - sorry WMM (you can have it next year, and possibly the senior proze tomorrow :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Damn and blast. I dozed off while the Mrs was watching Eastenders. Just woke for the last three songs.

I am enjoying this Showband thing.

Nice bit of culture on BBC4, for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

Skid X wrote: »
    I am enjoying this Showband thing.

Nice bit of culture on BBC4, for a change.

Not far off a Taliban like state in Western Europe really. Glad I missed it as part of a newer generation and saw Megadeth in the Olympic Ballroom for my first concert before they knocked it down. What a difference a decade or so makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

dasdog wrote: »
    Not far off a Taliban like state in Western Europe really. Glad I missed it as part of a newer generation and saw Megadeth in the Olympic Ballroom for my first concert before they knocked it down. What a difference a decade or so makes.

Megadeth - excellent band.

Were Chris and Gar in the band when you saw them?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

sligojoek wrote: »
    Damn and blast. I dozed off while the Mrs was watching Eastenders.

That fûckin' show would give ya nightmares.

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Megadeth - excellent band.

Were Chris and Gar in the band when you saw them?

I think they may have been having substance issues by that stage. Dave Mustaine, David Ellefson, Jeff Young...utter chaos and full on thrash metal is pretty much my abiding memory. It was a good gig debut for a 13 year old :pac:

There was a riot, as in a proper riot when they played Belfast the next night as Mustaine shouted "Up the Ra!" and they had to be whisked away under security.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That fûckin' show would give ya nightmares.

Drives me up the wall. Nothing only women screaming at each other and crying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭OldRio

Christy puts on a hell of a gig. I've seen it a few times but......... pure class.

Advertisement