Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock II - Music Shows on BBC Four, Sky Arts and everywhere else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,658 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

America had Yacht Rock, we had Racey.

:pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    The Manics were always a band that I half liked but found them quite middle of the road. They're sounding decent here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Nile Rodgers Alert on BBC FOUR!

CODE RED!!

To the Batcave!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Oooh Babylon Burning - shame they missed the great intro

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Gary Numan there, any excuse for this ...

https://twitter.com/totpfacts/status/959510489486196736

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Oi Cliff! Gerroff me tellybox!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Oi Cliff! Gerroff me tellybox!

I love me a bit of Cliff. This is a great singalong on a journey.

The Selecter, now we’re talking!

*running-on-the-spot dancing*

Phil Gould of Level 42 on drums for Pop Musik.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Phil Gould of Level 42 on drums for Pop Musik.

A piece of musical genius. That and Funkytown by Lipps and Co. Impossible to erase from your brain.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/richardosman/status/1139655115722416128

As the man from Pointless said, well worth watching or taping.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Shane joined Chrissie on stage last night for a duet of " I've got you babe"

Worshipping Pete Doherty...jesus wept!

The worst pop star Britain has ever produced!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

sligojoek wrote: »
    Shane joined Chrissie on stage last night for a duet of " I've got you babe"

They "wheel him out"...literally, these days :o

I have enjoyed Noel Gallagher's set at the Isle of Wight

In fairness to Sky, they show a lot of actual live music when they cover the festivals.

The BBC tends to be "We'll show seven minutes of Bruce Springsteen shortly ... but first, lets look at some of the many different ethically sourced free trade vegan cheese offerings which the Worthy Farm local Refugee disabled group have sourced this year. May contain Strobe Lighting".

Skid X wrote: »
    I have enjoyed Noel Gallagher's set at the Isle of Wight

In fairness to Sky, they show a lot of actual live music when they cover the festivals.

The BBC tends to be "We'll show seven minutes of Bruce Springsteen shortly ... but first, lets look at some of the many different ethically sourced free trade vegan cheese offerings which the Worthy Farm local Refugee disabled group have sourced this year. May contain Strobe Lighting".
    Not having Sky, I can only vicariously appreciate this situation through this wonderfully plausable-sounding account :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭BandMember

Let's just say, strictly hypothetically of course, that some posters were missing out on content being shown on certain tv stations mentioned in the title of this thread, said posters should, again strictly hypothetically of course, conduct a Google search about IPTV. Not advertising or promoting anything, merely speaking hypothetically.... :cool:

BandMember wrote: »
    Let's just say, strictly hypothetically of course, that some posters were missing out on content being shown on certain tv stations mentioned in the title of this thread, said posters should, again strictly hypothetically of course, conduct a Google search about IPTV. Not advertising or promoting anything, merely speaking hypothetically.... :cool:
    Aw, I wasn't whining, just wanted to mark my appreciation of the description without implying I was watching the program :pac::o
    Will look into that and put it on my radar

Skid X wrote: »
    ethically sourced free trade vegan cheese offerings which the Worthy Farm local Refugee disabled group have sourced this year. May contain Strobe Lighting".

Cheese with strobe lighting- where, where???:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:p

Have to replace all those tasty milk components with something for the other senses ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Lots of cheese on TOTP ;)

Nile Rodgers watch!

Madonna on Graham Norton just showed a photo of herself in the 80s with him.

De Blooooues Brothers on ITV4 right now.

Crazy to think that at the time the film was made, Ray Charles, James Brown and Aretha Franklin didn’t have record deals :eek:

De Blooooues Brothers on ITV4 right now.

Crazy to think that at the time the film was made, Ray Charles, James Brown and Aretha Franklin didn’t have record deals :eek:

Jesus Christ. Really? Wow.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Jesus Christ. Really? Wow.

Tis was Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi’s own personal ‘mission from God’ to bring R’n’B back to the charts.

Don’t forget the time period in 1980 was dominated by Yacht Rock, disco, punk and new wave.

RAWHIDE!!

RAWHIDE!!

What kind of music do usually have here?

Oh, we got both kinds. We got country AND western!

Ah Fatboy, this'll do!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Love, love, LOVE this film!!!

• Advertisement

What kind of music do usually have here?

Oh, we got both kinds. We got country AND western!

You’re gonna look pretty funny tryin’ to eat corn on the cob with NO F**KING TEETH!

Advertisement