Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock II - Music Shows on BBC Four, Sky Arts and everywhere else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

mfceiling wrote: »
    Posted in another thread of the crowd going mad for George Ezra.... bland doesn't even begin to describe him. That Lewis Capaldi is another dose.

Fierce amount of bland going round these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭trashcan

Skid X wrote: »

Also Tim Burgess has had a number of books, his second one was called Tim Book Two. Which is a good name for a book.

That's brilliant.:). In a similar vein I always thought that Tom Waits was missing a trick by not calling an album " For no man". You can have that one for free Tom, you're welcome.

Dear God, that Stormzy business is ****e, no ? I'm off to BBC 4. Tame Impala, not familiar with their stuff, but at least it seems to vaguely resemble music.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Fierce amount of bland going round these days.

100%. Young, ugly, ginger (optional) and got a guitar? Congratulations.... You're now a moany, whinging bag of dross.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'm really not feeling this from Stormzy, has this rap/grime music ever been performed to a whiter more middle classed audience

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Full band out now as well as backing singers.

He is what he is. Hardly a surprise the first few songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I'm really not feeling this from Stormzy, has this rap/grime music ever been performed to a whiter more middle classed audience

Not getting either him or TA. Saw Tame Impala a few years ago at Forbidden Fruit and got bored and ended up in the dance tents. Although they have some good tunes and I like what they do. It might liven up a bit later in to their set.

mfceiling wrote: »
    100%. Young, ugly, ginger (optional) and got a guitar? Congratulations.... You're now a moany, whinging bag of dross.

I remember in school learning the difference between misuse (using something incorrectly) and abuse (deliberately using something for the wrong reason). (Or thereabouts)

I would suggest there is a lot of acoustic guitar abuse these days.

Oh, stall it, Stormzy has a load of people on now.

Fair enough, then.

Edit: Nay! There's just singing Sweet Like Chocolate! Was that a ****ty pop/club song in the 90s? Or was that a sampley effort too? Ah, fup this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Tame Impala sound decent enough

I think I'll stick on my taped Bowie at Glastonbury 2000

Stormzy singing about mosh pit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,658 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

‘Ebony and Ivory, lived together in perfect harmony...’

Ah Chris Martin, as if this couldn't get any more dull

Chris Martin is like an energy vampire

I suspect most people there had no idea who he was, he just appeared playing a dull little keyboard number

I suspect most people there had no idea who he was, he just appeared playing a dull little keyboard number

:pac:

In fairness the set started to work. The pop music is over from Tame Impala now I think...hope.

Flicked over to mtv to witness a room packed with rappers singing along to Billy Ray Cyrus.... Okay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Chris Martin

*Shudders*

Oh jesus!

Stormzy paying homage to someone who apparently was the first British Rap act to get to Number One

I hope this means John Barnes is coming on to do his bits of World In Motion (got to Number 1) and The Anfield Rap (Number 3)

Truely the Godfather of British Rap.

Who are these street youths on bmxs

• Advertisement

Tame Impala, the best thing to come out of Australia since the Trivago Girl. :)

That said, Stormzy will probably being her out just to tell him that ‘this is his moment’...and to get a good price on a hotel in Somerset.

t.

Meh, sound pretty dull to me. Think I'll find some Teenage Fanclub on YouTube. Choooooonz.

She needs to lose that fringe, ain't working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭BandMember

How the f**k has nobody mentioned Stormzy singing Ed f**king Sheeran yet??? And this is "street" and "grime"???

And now he's singing along to an advert???

This is some load of b****x!!

A house where every room is magnolia, there are no pictures or music, and the television only shows the BBC test card 24 hours a day is like Sunset Strip in the 80s compared to anything Chris Martin has ever whined.

Stormzy paying homage to someone who apparently was the first British Rap act to get to Number One

I hope this means John Barnes is coming on to do his bits of World In Motion (got to Number 1) and The Anfield Rap (Number 3)

Truely the Godfather of British Rap.

Still time for Morris Minor And The Majors to take the stage and show Stormzy how it’s done :D

trashcan wrote: »
    Meh, sound pretty dull to me. Think I'll find some Teenage Fanclub on YouTube. Choooooonz.

They adopted easy pop listening to become a large scale success. Stormzy should get a golf cart over to the other stage and wake them up a bit.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    A house where every room is magnolia, there are no pictures or music, and the television only shows the BBC test card 24 hours a day is like Sunset Strip in the 80s compared to anything Chris Martin has ever whined.

So, not a fan then :D

This David Gilmour auction thing on Sky Arts has some fine guitars in it (as expected)

It's on again at 1.30am on Monday night (Early Tuesday)

• Advertisement

Glastonbury coverage right now on BBC2.

Advertisement