Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock II - Music Shows on BBC Four, Sky Arts and everywhere else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

adox wrote: »
    Would like to see the full Miley set. Apparently she also covered Led Zeppelin, Metallica and NIN!

Words I thought I would never use -

I must look up that Miley Cyrus performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Would like to see the full Miley set. Apparently she also covered Led Zeppelin, Metallica and NIN!
    Was the NIN song the reworking of Head Like A Hole from the Black Mirror episode she was in? That was shown on telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Yip, I posted on the thread on the gig forum where the grumpy pants hang out. She also done Jolene, she usually does a brilliant version of it.

Was the NIN song the reworking of Head Like A Hole from the Black Mirror episode she was in? That was shown on telly.

Was it on the set after Kylie?

(Should that have been a spoilerised?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,658 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Hurrache wrote: »

Yep, only for fifteen minutes though.

No time for Papa to bust out ‘Achy Breaky Heart’.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Yeah, when I turned it back on, at about 7.50.

Cor Y Penrhyn on BBC Four right now :)

Sing it, boyos!

Darn dust in my eye. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭trashcan

Is that Paul Simenon from the Clash playing bass with Damon Albarn ? I knew he looked familiar, just twigged it now. Last song they played was very reminiscent of the Clash song. (Whose name escapes me for the moment - you know the one - There ain't no need for ya.

Edit. Straight to Hell is the song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Some shower of moaning sh!tebags on the Glastonbury thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Cor Y Penrhyn on BBC Four right now :)

Sing it, boyos!
    Must have turned over before that after losing interest in Albarn's thing - curious now - perhaps it'll be put up on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

trashcan wrote: »
    Is that Paul Simenon from the Clash playing bass with Damon Albarn ? I knew he looked familiar, just twigged it now. Last song they played was very reminiscent of the Clash song. (Whose name escapes me for the moment - you know the one - There ain't no need for ya.

Edit. Straight to Hell is the song.

Holds the bass a bit higher than in his days with the Clash, but still makes cool look as effortless as any man in rock ever. Not the biggest GB&TQ fan i have to say, but that set was enjoyable. Choirs can be a bit over indulgent at times but worked well there i thought.

Cure time :)

Hope they play ‘A Forest’.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I saw The Cure at a festival once and I thought they were a bit low energy to be playing late night ... fine songs but when you are shivering and the weekend is catching on you maybe something a bit more uptempo is needed.

Having said that, Pictures of You is a great song, anytime of day or night.

My 6 year old son just walked in, wanted to know why they were old people, and then that guy looks like a zombie. At least my daughter was willing to see through it and appreciate the music.

Robert is sounding great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Robert is sounding great

Really strong - very impressed. Although the BBC are showing The Cure and the effortlessly cool Kamasi Washington at the same time. Taping that now as it looks like he and his pals (and dad) put on a really good performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭trashcan

Skid X wrote: »
    I saw The Cure at a festival once and I thought they were a bit low energy to be playing late night ... fine songs but when you are shivering and the weekend is catching on you maybe something a bit more uptempo is needed.

I get what you're saying, damn fine back catalogue of songs though. Plenty of crowd pleasers, which hopefully they will play. Sound great too. (Even if Robert does look disturbingly like Kat from Eastenders these days :)

Classic - one of those once-off pieces I think of as "songs with a life of their own" with a striking sound that a band comes up with early, not revisited by themselves or others, if that makes sense. Don't know how much of that gets reproduced live (can't remember if I've seen concert footage)

• Advertisement

As ever, hats off to the BBC for their excellent Glasto coverage. :)

IN BETWEEN DAYS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

080811_friday_im_in_love_t_shirt_1.jpg

https://www.threadless.com/product/1589/friday_im_in_love

I have that t-shirt, which I still hope might fit me one day

Ah, the first of the 3 Cure songs I really like, Just Like Heaven :)

080811_friday_im_in_love_t_shirt_1.jpg

https://www.threadless.com/product/1589/friday_im_in_love

I have that t-shirt, which I still hope might fit me one day
    Ha, Friday... completes my 3 :pac:

As ever, hats off to the BBC for their excellent Glasto coverage. :)
    though I was hoping they'd show a bit of Dave (admittedly based so far only on his song "Black"); or maybe they did on one of the 'buttons' I don't have :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I like the stage lighting.

AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*albeit not an encore* :D

This is so much better than I expected

• Advertisement

Was it one of the incarnations of Oxegen? Sounds remarkably like the last time I saw them. Was a long damp day and they were last up, but by then I just wanted to get home so left before they finished to get the bus back to Dublin in order to beat the crowds (I was day ticketing it)

Advertisement