Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The noises from Madrid concerning Conte joining do not seem good, would a Mass be in order?

Chelsea still haven't paid off his compensation apparently.

Although if he did join, we'd be nearly certain to keep Hazard.

I've no issue with Conte anyway, so if he went there I'd wish him well, I couldnt see him going full on Mourinho and running to the press to have a shot at Chelsea every few weeks either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

The noises from Madrid concerning Conte joining do not seem good, would a Mass be in order?

Rumours he has his sights on Man U.

bullpost wrote: »
    Rumours he has his sights on Man U.

Hopefully Jose stays there for sometime yet.

Although if we they got the 2nd season Conte, they would be in just as bad a position.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Chelsea still haven't paid off his compensation apparently.

Although if he did join, we'd be nearly certain to keep Hazard.

I've no issue with Conte anyway, so if he went there I'd wish him well, I couldnt see him going full on Mourinho and running to the press to have a shot at Chelsea every few weeks either.

I would wish well also was a bit of a child for the last 6 months but he won us a league and that is no mean feat - I would guess if he were going to Madrid both parties would come to a conclusion fast enough.

Not beyond the bounds of possibility Jose back to Madrid and Conte to United - but I don't think he would suite them though.

I would wish well also was a bit of a child for the last 6 months but he won us a league and that is no mean feat - I would guess if he were going to Madrid both parties would come to a conclusion fast enough.

Not beyond the bounds of possibility Jose back to Madrid and Conte to United - but I don't think he would suite them though.

Ramos was apparently integral in getting Jose the sack the first time around, well, him and Casillas were apparently leaking team line ups and training sessions and formations to their buddies in the press so much so that Jose called them out on it.

His time their ended pretty badly and while the dressing room is largely different to what he once had, theres still a large raft of players that played under Jose before to make it difficult for him to go there again.

If he managed to get the Madrid gig again I dont think even he would believe his luck.

Madrid are better off going for someone like Poch or Klopp but neither of them, especially Klopp, will be off anytime soon, nor would either of them be available for cheap.

Yea would be a surprise to see Jose there but given the disaster that Lopetegui was I don't see them going for an unproven club coach again.

Klopp would be mad to go there and he seems to enjoy what he is doing. Poch maybe but a managerial career of never winning anything may not be what they want just now. It also appears that Madrid are not flushed at the minute with stadium rebuild costs etc so Conte ticks a lot of boxes. OK Ramos might be wary of him but Ramos also liked a tweet from a RM supporter over the weekend who was highly critical of Courtois so this could be a way of backing up his mate Navas as well.

We live in hope it is Conte - whichever way you dress it his record in club management is very good.

The sh*t show Courtois finds himself in at Madrid is laughable.

Its also made even better by the fact Kepa has hit the ground running and has been pretty solid for us and looks as calm as an outfield player on the ball.

Tbo is a far better GK for catching and claiming crosses but theres a reason that Real were trying to buy Kepa in January gone, hes a pretty good GK with a high ceiling for improvement.

We live in hope it is Conte - whichever way you dress it his record in club management is very good.

If it is Conte, it would save the club a few quid and we wouldnt have to pay off all his compensation, which is a good thing too.

Looking at the Carbao cup, there could be some very tasty 5th round games coming up.

I'd expect the following to win.
    4th Round
    Bournemouth v Norwich City
    Burton Albion v Nottingham Forest
    Leicester City v Southampton
    Arsenal v Blackpool
    Chelsea v Derby County
    West Ham v Tottenham
    Middlesbrough v Crystal Palace
    Manchester City v Fulham

Leicesters game is off naturally enough.

• Advertisement

Looking at the Carbao cup, there could be some very tasty 5th round games coming up.

I'd expect the following to win.

Leicesters game is off naturally enough.

G’WAN Fulham and Blackpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

theres a reason that Real were trying to buy Kepa in January gone, hes a pretty good GK with a high ceiling for improvement.

For €17m they nearly had him in January, 6 months later we took him for €70m so hell of a difference for Bilbao and us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Had all but forgotten Drinkwater our latest Winston Bogarde I assume

For €17m they nearly had him in January, 6 months later we took him for €70m so hell of a difference for Bilbao and us

Ya, Bilbao pulled out of the deal signed him to a new 6 or 7 year extension and inserted a big buy out clause.

Still though, as a replacement for Tbo, we've done well enough out of it.

I reckon if Alison hadnt gone in the same summer, a bigger deal would have been made out of their respective transfers but as they both cost circa £65/70m and started well, theyve got away without much scrutiny.

Had all but forgotten Drinkwater our latest Winston Bogarde I assume

A much more expensive version. :o

• Advertisement

Crucial decision tonight, play Red Dead for the night or slip on the Chelsea v Derby game. :o

Crucial decision tonight, play Red Dead for the night or slip on the Chelsea v Derby game. :o

club comes first

peteeeed wrote: »
    club comes first

If Willian starts over Odoi, I'm going roaming the wild west.

If Willian starts over Odoi, I'm going roaming the wild west.

if the man of the match on sunday starts tonight you'll what?

I think Barkley will be rested :D:D

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    if the man of the match on sunday starts tonight you'll what?

Barkley isnt going to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Martinez being linked with RM job is concerning considering the brand of football he brought to Belgium and how well that suited Hazard and no doubt his relationship with Hazard.

Martinez being linked with RM job is concerning considering the brand of football he brought to Belgium and how well that suited Hazard and no doubt his relationship with Hazard.

Hazard said recently he hoped that Belgium would consider Sarri for the job, when the time comes, a bit tongue in cheek I'd suspect.

I also dont think Martinez and Hazard area exceptionally friendly TBH.

If Hazard wants to go to Madrid, he'll go no matter who the manager is, best we can hope for is Madrid continue have an awful season and Chelsea stay in the title race until close to the end and maybe turn Hazards head to stay in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Hazard said recently he hoped that Belgium would consider Sarri for the job, when the time comes, a bit tongue in cheek I'd suspect.

I also dont think Martinez and Hazard area exceptionally friendly TBH.

If Hazard wants to go to Madrid, he'll go no matter who the manager is, best we can hope for is Madrid continue have an awful season and Chelsea stay in the title race until close to the end and maybe turn Hazards head to stay in London.

Again as a club coach Martinez has not got a great record, I would argue with the talent available to him he has under-performed with the Belgium side. Madrid TBH would be mad to go after him.

Duck Soup wrote: »

Very sad a true blue, he had the unenviable task of trying to manage Chelsea in the wake of the stupid sacking of the very popular Eddie Mac and inept directorship of Brian Mears and never really got to grips with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Poor Moses is behind drinkwater. Think loan or sold in January

No odoi, no party.

Gary Cahill is a bigger liability than Luiz and that takes some going.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Some night for the art of defending :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Comical

OG has nearly a smany goals as Morata.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Derby committing Hari Kari out there tonight.

blueser wrote: »

They play like that in the championship too.

Try to play a progressive game but against better opposition its harder for them.

They've been well in the game though in fairness.

They play like that in the championship too.

Try to play a progressive game but against better opposition its harder for them.

They even well in the game though in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Insane defending both ends

This 2md string back 4 is terrible.

Cahill was all over the shop and too late reacting.

This could be 4 4 by the end of the game.

Some entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Chelsea not much better!

• Advertisement

We've been pretty awful. Hopefully odoi gets some minutes in the 2md half but if it's still this cagey, Sarri might hold off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Derby did themselves proud. Frankie to get them promotion and then we nick him for Chelsea manager in 4 to 5 years time.

Derby deserved more from the game.

That Chelsea second string back 4 are really really bad.

Special mention to Cahill for being at fault for both goals and also nearly handing them 2 more.

Luiz was just as bad when he came on.

Struggled over the line but we'll take it. Avoid City away and I'll be happy for the QF draw.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Derby did themselves proud. Frankie to get them promotion and then we nick him for Chelsea manager in 4 to 5 years time.

Hopefully he's back next season as a PL manager.

Give him another few years and let him take over if he's ready they do play some good football with no fear.

Bournemouth at home

Considering we avoided City, Spurs and Arsenal, I'll take Bournemouth at home, although they've made an exceptional start to their season too.

• Advertisement

Little concerned with Sarri's blinkered vision, Christensen was poor enough last night but so much better than Cahill yet Christensen was subbed thin he will hand in a transfer request in January. Frank was one of our better players last night a threat going down the right and was possibly our best defender on the field and he is subbed for Dave - if Dave had to come on should have been for Cahill. As with Napoli last year there is every chance this team will be burnt out by March.

I do feel sorry for Christensen would like to see him beside Rudiger to give him some confidence how Cahill even gets on the subs bench is beyond me he is plain terrible.

Cesc is not made for this type of game - keep him for the EL maybe but nothing domestic I think. He is certainly gone in the summer if not January.

I can see no reason at all why Odoi would sign a new contract with us.

Little concerned with Sarri's blinkered vision, Christensen was poor enough last night but so much better than Cahill yet Christensen was subbed thin he will hand in a transfer request in January. Frank was one of our better players last night a threat going down the right and was possibly our best defender on the field and he is subbed for Dave - if Dave had to come on should have been for Cahill. As with Napoli last year there is every chance this team will be burnt out by March.

I do feel sorry for Christensen would like to see him beside Rudiger to give him some confidence how Cahill even gets on the subs bench is beyond me he is plain terrible.

Cesc is not made for this type of game - keep him for the EL maybe but nothing domestic I think. He is certainly gone in the summer if not January.

I can see no reason at all why Odoi would sign a new contract with us.

Cahill was a shambles, his ball into Cesc for the first goal wasnt really on and then he slips on his arse to allow them in for the first goal.

The 2nd goal he was just as complacent, Zappa was out with the thrower and Cahill was still a good 5 yards away and didnt cover the space left by Zappa, Emerson should have been around on the cover on the other side but Cahill not seeing the initial danger with his experience was shambolic.

Nugent made a simple run off his shoulder too and nearly snuck in a 3rd, Luiz pointed where Cahill should be but he was running in a quick sand, hes done at this level and he should be sent off to pastures new ASAP.

I wanted Luiz and Alonso to be dropped but looking at the alternatives, I'm not sure we'd be better off. Christensen looks broken, Cahill is a mess and Emerson while good going forward is probably worse than Alonso in the defensive phase.

Only Rudiger has covered himself in glory in the back line for Chelsea this year.

Best thing I seen last night was Hearts v Hibs, Neil Lennon celebrates in front of the Hearts fans, a last minute Hearts goal being chalked off and he gets twatted by a coin from the crowd.

Delighted. :pac:

Best thing I seen last night was Hearts v Hibs, Neil Lennon celebrates in front of the Hearts fans, a last minute Hearts goal being chalked off and he gets twatted by a coin from the crowd.

Delighted. :pac:

You sure it was a coin - was in Scotland you know :D:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement