Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea didnt sign Traore until he was 18, officially.

Unless theres some new evidence, its just a load of bo**ocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Chelsea didnt sign Traore until he was 18, officially.

Unless theres some new evidence, its just a load of bo**ocks.

He played an u18 game for Chelsea when he was 16. And then also there is the bit where Chelsea said that they had paid for a first-refusal option on him before they officially signed him, paid another club that his mother was involved in and also paid for his school in London.

I think there is a rule in PL academies that all players have to receive the same education, so one player cannot get a paid education at one school and the rest at another school. This is only a new rule as far as I know, so don't know if it applied when Chelsea signed Traore.

Who are the other 4 clubs?

FitzShane wrote: »
    He played an u18 game for Chelsea when he was 16. And then also there is the bit where Chelsea said that they had paid for a first-refusal option on him before they officially signed him, paid another club that his mother was involved in and also paid for his school in London.

I think there is a rule in PL academies that all players have to receive the same education, so one player cannot get a paid education at one school and the rest at another school. This is only a new rule as far as I know, so don't know if it applied when Chelsea signed Traore.

Who are the other 4 clubs?

He played an underage game as a trialist before going on tour with Chelsea and then officially signing after his 18th birthday, thats the version Chelsea have been going way for some time.

Hes also a player I'd have kept around over others but we've left a lot of players with decent promise go.

I've no clue about the other 4 clubs TBH, just heard about Traore but AFAIK, they've investigated the Traore transfer back in the day so im surprised its coming back up.

Any club that does get found guilty usually gets the 4 window ban and then gets it reduced anyway to 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Seems Milan love Bakayoko now and fans want him bought - a month is a long time in football for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

In fairness he had a few good performances for us as well as the utterly clueless ones

He was great in his first game against Spurs, and the FA Cup final too against United

It might be a minor miracle if he's put a few of them together, but he has no real future with us so if he's good enough for Milan to take off our hands power to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Two goals from bats tonight, say whatever you want but he can finish.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Two goals from bats tonight, say whatever you want but he can finish.

Hes not even in the Valencia squad ffs.

2 goals against Iceland wouldnt exactly be something to write home about either, if Valencia do cancel the deal we'll be stuck with 3 average CFs.

1 old CF who doesnt score but is good at linking play.
    1 CF who dives around and is too fragile mentally and physically for the PL.
    1 CF whos stunk up the place here and at Valencia.

CF is the biggest issue at the club and will stop us from truly pushing on to rival City for a title challenge, if we continue down the Morata rabbit hole we'll be left behind.

Worse thing about international football week is watching Ireland, that was made doubly worse last night watching to awful sides go at it.

In retrospect, you could see a 0-0 coming all day.

Just cant wait until we get back to the proper ball next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

https://streamable.com/qkkki
    Not the first time recently that tbo has conceded 3 in 45 mins.
    Thorgan hazard has two early goals.

Second one was a cracker
    https://streamable.com/2rcum

Assume with Belgium going out Haz might get on his holiday a bit earlier which will be great of he is still with us next season.

Have to say enjoyed Courtois shipping 5 really very enjoyable.

Assume with Belgium going out Haz might get on his holiday a bit earlier which will be great of he is still with us next season.

Have to say enjoyed Courtois shipping 5 really very enjoyable.

The PL are again closing the transfer window before the season starts so we'll be struggling to get business done ourselves but it also means any players leaving, will have to be sorted out early in the window if we want time to replace them, assuming we dont get battered with a transfer ban.

I cant take another year of watching Willian stink up the place so doing some big business is vital in the summer, hopefully we'll be back in the CL and have a bit more pull and money on the back of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Morata was apparently terrible for Spain last night, missed an open goal and got booked. Good aul Morata.

• Advertisement

Huge game Saturday for our top 4 hopes, playing away to Spurs in recent years, last year aside, we've been pretty sketchy.

Apparently United and Chelsea going to do a swap in January Martial for Willian, United are not that daft are they

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Apparently United and Chelsea going to do a swap in January Martial for Willian, United are not that daft are they

Shhhh, don't jinx it

duploelabs wrote: »
    Shhhh, don't jinx it

Mums the word then

• Advertisement

Kante has signed on the dotted line for another 5 years

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/11/23/kante-commits-to-the-blues1?cardIndex=0-0

Just get Haz now and all is well

If Kante is earning whats reported, I imagine Hazard will be on an absolutely insane amount of money.

It is needed though if we want to keep him and if he wants to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Maybe it's been posted before, but what a legend ... and a decent artist too :D

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/1065520215369400320

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Obviously not the most reliable source but this is exactly what I was worried would happen as Sarri continues to not give CHO the minutes:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/chelsea-wonderkid-hudson-odoi-reluctant-to-sign-new-contract/1uzcm2iz32i7u1en6nhtoedhom

Why would he sign a new contract with a club who have previous of not giving youth a chance and he can see his best mate Jadon Sancho starting week in and out for Dortmund and recently getting a start for the national team.

Very frustrating if he ends up leaving and becomes a great player.

He could easily go to one of our direct rivals, spurs springs to mind and we'll be left looking like fools again. :mad::mad:

Obviously not the most reliable source but this is exactly what I was worried would happen as Sarri continues to not give CHO the minutes:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/chelsea-wonderkid-hudson-odoi-reluctant-to-sign-new-contract/1uzcm2iz32i7u1en6nhtoedhom

Why would he sign a new contract with a club who have previous of not giving youth a chance and he can see his best mate Jadon Sancho starting week in and out for Dortmund and recently getting a start for the national team.

Very frustrating if he ends up leaving and becomes a great player.

He could easily go to one of our direct rivals, spurs springs to mind and we'll be left looking like fools again. :mad::mad:

Flip side is look at Solanke, hes not pushed on at all at Liverpool and his career is going nowhere fast.

If Odoi does want to leave he has to pick his next club very carefully, ideally, he stays here and gets minutes and I think the issue of Sarri not giving him chances at all is squarely on Sarris shoulders as Odoi was the most impressive player in pre-season.

Hopefully we do get rid of Pedro and Willian very soon, get in 1 good winger and rotate Hazard, new winger and Odoi for the 2 wide positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

If Kante is earning whats reported, I imagine Hazard will be on an absolutely insane amount of money.

It is needed though if we want to keep him and if he wants to stay.

£200k a week according to https://sillyseason.com/salary/chelsea-players-salaries-67985/

Crazy ****ing money.

TomSweeney wrote: »
    £200k a week according to https://sillyseason.com/salary/chelsea-players-salaries-67985/

Crazy ****ing money.

Considering he does the work of two players on the pitch 2 x 100k is a steal

duploelabs wrote: »
    Considering he does the work of two players on the pitch 2 x 100k is a steal

Yep - All things considered, a good deal for everyone.

Its meant to be closer to 290k a week, which is outrageous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Poch says Chelsea have an advantage as we arent in the champions league. Fails to acknowledge they wont be much longer either.

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Maybe it's been posted before, but what a legend ... and a decent artist too :D

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/1065520215369400320

I will never tire of watching that goal and the penalty shoot out. Not bad for a club with no history

Poch says Chelsea have an advantage as we arent in the champions league. Fails to acknowledge they wont be much longer either.

He is only angling for the Ireland or United job we all know that ;)

Its meant to be closer to 290k a week, which is outrageous.

In the broader scheme of things of course. But at least he turns up everytime, unlike the likes of Sanchez who is on similar.

bullpost wrote: »
    In the broader scheme of things of course. But at least he turns up everytime, unlike the likes of Sanchez who is on similar.

Ozil is meant to be on 300k a week, Sanchez is meant to be on 350k, Hazard, if he stays will have to match those guys and to achieve it we'll have to off load some big earners in the summer.

I'm looking at Cesc (150k), Willian and or Pedro (120k), Drinkwater (90k). Start trimming the fat from the squad, get CL football and we should be fine.

I want to add to this, Kante has been pretty average this year too but theres no doubting his ability and worth to the team but he has to improve within the role being asked of him.

Makes no difference on the back of international week so Poch is talking out of his hoop, hes also got one of his CBs available after injury so hes in a decent place and Spurs should be favourites but i wouldnt fear them.

Both squads had 10/15 players away playing internationals, its actually better to play a big side after the internationals as they'll have had a raft of players travelling too, its when you play the smaller sides who have had nearly 2 weeks off is where the problem lies.

Ozil is meant to be on 300k a week, Sanchez is meant to be on 350k, Hazard, if he stays will have to match those guys and to achieve it we'll have to off load some big earners in the summer.

I'm looking at Cesc (150k), Willian and or Pedro (120k), Drinkwater (90k). Start trimming the fat from the squad, get CL football and we should be fine.

I want to add to this, Kante has been pretty average this year too but theres no doubting his ability and worth to the team but he has to improve within the role being asked of him.

Makes no difference on the back of international week so Poch is talking out of his hoop, hes also got one of his CBs available after injury so hes in a decent place and Spurs should be favourites but i wouldnt fear them.

Both squads had 10/15 players away playing internationals, its actually better to play a big side after the internationals as they'll have had a raft of players travelling too, its when you play the smaller sides who have had nearly 2 weeks off is where the problem lies.

Yea but we are playing Spurs Gav :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Courtois between the sticks for Real again today :D:D:D

That's a gift that keeps on giving

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

What was it Sarri said? We need to start games better. Yep.

Jesus that was horrendous, I'd have taken kovacic off as soon as he fried that rabona

Spurs could have a bucketload already. We, on the other hand, are toothless in attack.

Have to give it to Spurs, they were exceptional today and we were terrible as a consequence of how well they played and stopped us.

Few issues with the game and a few calls by Atkinson but all you can say is Luiz, Willian and Morata can't play for us long term and Barkley is a better option than Kovacic.

Both FBs are painfully blunt and slow, there's no title tilt from us so we have to stay in the hunt for top 4.

Kepa kept us in it with 3 or 4 great saves but Spurs missed a few sitters and if we had let in 6 or 7 we couldn't have had any complaints.

Luiz turning his back on Kanes goal and then running in like a schoolboy on Son was embarrassing but not unexpected.

Sarri has a huge issue with this team and this result/performances has been weeks in the making.

Sarri: “I saw a lot of problems because we played very badly from a physical point of view; mentally, technically and tactically – particularly in the first 20 minutes. I knew very well we had a lot of problems to solve and today it was clear for everybody to see."

• Advertisement

It's important we push on now and fight for top 4.

Its realistically between us arsenal and Spurs, Utd could very well be involved too but they seem like a mixed bag in terms of results and consistency at the moment.

Well that was not great and no mistake, I don't get Sarri he complains about our defence and keeps playing the same team. What was it Einstein said about insanity "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".
    Luiz should never play for us again, I like him comes across as a really nice and caring person but his day at the top table has come and gone.
    Morata should never play for us again, letting Abraham go to Villa was a foolish decision leaving us with two forwards with a poor goal scoring record. That said Giroud over Morata all day every day at least he seems to have some understanding there is something called the offside rule.
    Willian and Alonso should be reserves only until the end of the season then sold.
    Where has our Dave gone?
    It really is time to throw Emerson, Christensen and Odoi into the first team

Can Jorginho and Kante really play together, not sure they can.

Would give Kovacic a break first bad game really.

Only certainty I can see from the season so far is that Hazard is gone in the summer.

I hope Sarri knows what he is doing and is given time because we are a mess, our best hope of a top 4 finish is Spurs imploding - which is possible as their squad is not deep and you would expect them to run out of steam around February March time (We may have better individuals but they are a better team at the minute) and that United keep doing what they are doing. City and Liverpool will disappear over the horizon and Arsenal are ticking along quite nicely doing what they have to do against the smaller teams with some ease.

Well that was not great and no mistake, I don't get Sarri he complains about our defence and keeps playing the same team. What was it Einstein said about insanity "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".
    Luiz should never play for us again, I like him comes across as a really nice and caring person but his day at the top table has come and gone.
    Morata should never play for us again, letting Abraham go to Villa was a foolish decision leaving us with two forwards with a poor goal scoring record. That said Giroud over Morata all day every day at least he seems to have some understanding there is something called the offside rule.
    Willian and Alonso should be reserves only until the end of the season then sold.
    Where has our Dave gone?
    It really is time to throw Emerson, Christensen and Odoi into the first team

Can Jorginho and Kante really play together, not sure they can.

Would give Kovacic a break first bad game really.

Only certainty I can see from the season so far is that Hazard is gone in the summer.

I hope Sarri knows what he is doing and is given time because we are a mess, our best hope of a top 4 finish is Spurs imploding - which is possible as their squad is not deep and you would expect them to run out of steam around February March time (We may have better individuals but they are a better team at the minute) and that United keep doing what they are doing. City and Liverpool will disappear over the horizon and Arsenal are ticking along quite nicely doing what they have to do against the smaller teams with some ease.

TBH, if it was between finishing top 4 or winning the EL and finishing 5th, I'd the winning the EL, as its a trophy.

I think by hook or by crook, we'll get CL football but hopefully it serves as a wake up call to Sarri, a bit like when Conte got smashed 3-0 at the Emirates and tweaked the team.

Any win/draw on Thursday and we top the EL group.

More importantly, we play another London derby on Sunday against Fulham, a win in that and we should be back on track.

On the Kante issue, could it be time to revisit the double pivot with him and Jorginho?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement