Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Still winning, but little or no invention in attack. Time and time again we see difficulty in breaking other team's defences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Loftus cheek has to start the next game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Well poor enough fare for sure but a win is a win, top 4 still in sight so no need to panic.

Sarri has to start trusting more players we looked far more secure with Dave at LB and RLC looked made for the job. I can only hope Odoi was rested after his 90 minutes on Thursday and he will see at least the bench on Wednesday.

If RLC does not start it is a very worrying message being sent out.

I do love to see a burst bubble so very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

No double dvd for spurs fans Xmas stocking this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I f*cking knew Spurs would lie down v Arsenal.... jesus ...

Watch Arsenal beat Man U 3-0 at OT on Wednesday too ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

A draw would have been best but I prefer Spurs to lose

Lukker- wrote: »
    A draw would have been best but I prefer Spurs to lose
    I know draw would have been best, but I'm the opposite, would much rather see Arsenal lose, I grew up as a Chelsea fan where Chelsea ALWAYS lost to Arsenal and we always bet spurs ... so don't hate them as much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Arsenal were brilliant. Overwhelmed the bullies and divers.

a great result for football.

Tigerbaby wrote: »

And my most loathed spurs player got a red card to boot. In fact I think vertongan should have went for a deliberate hand ball on the arsenal penalty.

Dier is my "bete noir".

a pure thug

• Advertisement

Tigerbaby wrote: »

Y we caught arsenal at a good time and arguably we should ahev lost that game, they missed a ton of sitters that day.

Huge month coming up for us, we have to keep win I g to keep pace with spurs and arsenal for top 4.

At this rate Utd look like they're facing a serious up hill task to catch the rat of us.

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-spurs-fan-arrested-for-throwing-banana-skin-at-arsenals-aubameyang-20181202?c=1543773573381&fbclid=IwAR3mrc6_ppvmUBeGsywxsrgwfEwc9MiyYX4GfVFA7xSQgnCrM2wLecS53P4
    If this were some of our supporters this would be all over the back pages tomorrow with most likely a banner on the front too. I wonder how much media coverage it'll get tomorrow?

but but but

the Spuds cant be discriminatory can they?

after all they're the "Chosen People"?

The epitome of goodness and perfection.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    And my most loathed spurs player got a red card to boot. In fact I think vertongan should have went for a deliberate hand ball on the arsenal penalty.

Maybe the ref did not send him off then as he did not want to be the one that lost Spurs the game.......

There is little doubt Arsenal can be very incisive going forward, thankfully they are not consistent throughout the game with it yet. Against us they had a 15 minute spell where really they could have scored 5 just tore us apart, rest of the game we were comfortable.

Yesterday again they were hot and cold but the hot seems to be getting longer at they were very good for the entire second half really. That said Poch showed why he will never be a top class manager and Emery showed why he is (jury is out on Sarri will see after a transfer window or two if we are not banned and he is still there).

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Anything to be said for trying RLC at no 9. He's got the physique and technical ability to control and hold on to the ball, and definitely knows where the goal is.
    Can't see how he could be any worse than whats there at the moment.

Techless wrote: »
    Anything to be said for trying RLC at no 9. He's got the physique and technical ability to control and hold on to the ball, and definitely knows where the goal is.

I have thought that for a while, he simply cannot be worse than Morata and would be far better than Hazard as a false 9.

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-spurs-fan-arrested-for-throwing-banana-skin-at-arsenals-aubameyang-20181202?c=1543773573381&fbclid=IwAR3mrc6_ppvmUBeGsywxsrgwfEwc9MiyYX4GfVFA7xSQgnCrM2wLecS53P4
    If this were some of our supporters this would be all over the back pages tomorrow with most likely a banner on the front too. I wonder how much media coverage it'll get tomorrow?

Arrested for throwing a banana skin ?? !!!
    What are they afraid he'll slip ???
    Soon you'll be getting arrested for calling someone an arsehole in the UK.

Techless wrote: »

Id be more inclined to go with Odoi Hazard Pedro as front three if we went the route of a flase 9.

Wolves away mid week will be tough test.

Their form has fallen away a bit of late but it wont be an easy game, they held Arsenal away recently and they pushed Spurs to a 3-2 win.

Win that and we'll gain points on Arsenal or Utd, maybe even both.

It wont get much, only Chelsea are racist sure.

Thats how these things work. :pac:

• Advertisement

TomSweeney wrote: »

Things are getting way too PC but anyone regardless of race can be an arsehole whilst there are clear undertones to throwing a banana at a black person. It is clearly a racist act and is deserving of punishment, though I would prefer if the person who threw it was punished (or take the enlightened course Chelsea did with anti Semitic abusers and try and educate them) as I am not sure if you can really hold a club responsible for that.

TomSweeney wrote: »

I can't actually believe that you are serious.

Things are getting way too PC but anyone regardless of race can be an arsehole whilst there are clear undertones to throwing a banana at a black person. It is clearly a racist act and is deserving of punishment, though I would prefer if the person who threw it was punished (or take the enlightened course Chelsea did with anti Semitic abusers and try and educate them) as I am not sure if you can really hold a club responsible for that.
    I can't actually believe that you are serious.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he didnt know it was thrown at a black player. :o

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Id be more inclined to go with Odoi Hazard Pedro as front three if we went the route of a flase 9.

Down side to that is there is no height so we become very predictable in one way, would be interesting to see away to Vidi Odoi and RLC starting up front (maybe with Willian as there is no real reason why Pedro or Hazard should even make the trip).

Front 3 against Wolves will be the same as Fulham I dare say even though we were quite poor. OK Fulham had men behind the ball and pressed very well but the lack of movement was shocking. At least RLC ran at people when he came on then hey presto Hazard had room to work.
    I would be quite happy if Morata never made the match team squad again his confidence is shot and I feel is best for all he leaves.

Down side to that is there is no height so we become very predictable in one way, would be interesting to see away to Vidi Odoi and RLC starting up front (maybe with Willian as there is no real reason why Pedro or Hazard should even make the trip).

Front 3 against Wolves will be the same as Fulham I dare say even though we were quite poor. OK Fulham had men behind the ball and pressed very well but the lack of movement was shocking. At least RLC ran at people when he came on then hey presto Hazard had room to work.
    I would be quite happy if Morata never made the match team squad again his confidence is shot and I feel is best for all he leaves.

I think Giroud could have scored the other day, GK made a smart save from an outstretched leg of his but in general he was poor enough himself.

CF is our weakest position by far but for Wolves I wouldnt mind seeing some changes.

I'd nearly play Azp at LB and have Zappa RB, Alonso and Azp as FBs are just far too negative in open play.

I'd prefer Emerson to at least get a run of PL games see how he can do but Sarri wont rotate.

The only one that might be up for debate is Kovacic/Barkley/RLC in LCM.

Given RLC and Barkley bring goals but Kovacic is a better footballer in the system, its a tough call, RLC has had a good run of goals and performances in recent weeks so I'd play him and go with :

Kepa
    Azp Ruidger Luiz Emerson
    Kante Jorginho RLC
    Pedro Giroud Hazard

Willy
    Christensen Zappa
    Kovacic Cesc
    Willian
    Morata

The sooner Willian is out of the team the better for us too.

Pedro is a better footballer and more of a goal threat, his link play and understanding of when to cut inside or stay out and stretch play coupled with is better technical ability and brain make him a far superior player for this system.

Hes played in some 70 PL games less than Willian and is only 2 goals behind his return.

Kovacic seemed to have taken a knock so would not expect to see him at Wolves, RLC changed the game when he came on and deserves the start but seeing how conservative Sarri is I would not be surprised to see Cesc start.

Alonso has had two absolute stinkers in a row now, and not many good games before that so a change is needed there. Dave seems very comfortable there or else give Emerson a run against Wolves be so many wrong messages relayed if Alonso starts for me.

I'd be surprised if Alonso was dropped, more than likely he'll keep his place but I wouldnt mind if he was "rested".

Wolves are a tough test though and I cant see Sarri pulling the rug out from under some players just yet.

Prime example is Luiz, hes been our biggest liability but hes still starting.

I do agree though, RLC deserves a start, if Kovacic is carrying a knock dont risk him and just slot RLC in and Barkley on the bench.

I dont see Cesc starting in the LCM role anyway.

Moss in the middle on Wednesday so anything could happen from a refs point of view.

• Advertisement

Apparently we have made an "official" offer for Christian Pulisic, decent player be nice to get him and hold onto Odoi and Hazard.

Moss in the middle on Wednesday so anything could happen from a refs point of view.

Christ sake.

Hes awful.

Apparently we have made an "official" offer for Christian Pulisic, decent player be nice to get him and hold onto Odoi and Hazard.

That would be a strange signing unless we offload Willian or Pedro in the summer.

Dortmund are flying it in Germany too so I cant see them selling him in January at all.

Would love to see Willian offloaded, keep Pedro as a back up very handy coming off the bench. Sadly more likely that Hazard is off to Spain.

I thought Dortmund had said they will not sell in January and I would be surprised if they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

https://twitter.com/sjstandardsport/status/1069563344993075200

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Christ sake.

Hes awful.

they all are

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    they all are

Hes the most awful.

<<

>>

Would love to see Willian offloaded, keep Pedro as a back up very handy coming off the bench. Sadly more likely that Hazard is off to Spain.

I thought Dortmund had said they will not sell in January and I would be surprised if they do.

If Hazard does leave, we'll be f**ked but I hope would mean more game time for Odoi.

I know we need senior players that are ready to go now but hes a bloody good footballer, if he was playing lower down the PL he'd be a player we'd be linked with.

We need to tie hazard down. Until that happens we're in trouble.

Chelsea v forest in the fa cup

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    Chelsea v forest in the fa cup

If Odoi plays ill be happy.

Azp contract extension is official from the club.

Just get Hazard done and it will already be a better season than last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I thought we were poor enough again on Sunday. Giroud and Hazard weren't great and if they don't click we seem to struggle. Then Morata came on for his obligatory miss.

Loftus-Cheek was probably the only decent thing about the game, was great when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Azpilicueta will go down as one of our best ever signings. £7m an absolute steal.

Johner wrote: »
    Azpilicueta will go down as one of our best ever signings. £7m an absolute steal.

agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

1. Zola
    2. Lampard
    3. Ballack
    4. Cole
    5. Cech
    6. Desailly
    7. Azpi
    8. Hazard
    9. Makele

In terms of value for money there have been some crackers. Ballack is high on the list purly because he was free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

1. Zola
    2. Lampard
    3. Ballack
    4. Cole
    5. Cech
    6. Desailly
    7. Azpi
    8. Hazard
    9. Makele

In terms of value for money there have been some crackers. Ballack is high on the list purly because he was free.

Speaking of Great Freebies........ 'The Radio' - Gus Poyet

Johner wrote: »
    I thought we were poor enough again on Sunday. Giroud and Hazard weren't great and if they don't click we seem to struggle. Then Morata came on for his obligatory miss.

Loftus-Cheek was probably the only decent thing about the game, was great when he came on.

Ya it was a tough slog on Sunday.

Scoring after 4 mins I assumed we'd hit them for another 2 or 3 goals.

We were very sluggish but we didnt play well at all, main thing was we got the win though and kept our place in the top 4.

1. Zola
    2. Lampard
    3. Ballack
    4. Cole
    5. Cech
    6. Desailly
    7. Azpi
    8. Hazard
    9. Makele

Kante, at 32m is a steal too.

If Leicester had held on until later that window or another year, he would have went for double, maybe triple that figure.

Given how much that donkey Pogba went for, Kante looks like chump change.

Cesc, Luiz, Cahill, Giroud all out of contract at the end of the season.

I think Giroud has an option to extend for another year.

At the end of the 2020 season, Odoi, Hazard, Pedro and Willian are out of contract too.

Main thing is now to get Hazard tied down, even if it means selling him in the summer.

We need to convince Odoi to sign up too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement