Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think theres no interest in Sandro any more, its been said that Chelsea offered a then wrold record transfer for a defender and Juventus accepted but would then stall, and ask for more money.

By all accounts, Sandro has had an average season so I reckon the transfer has had an affect on him too. If we got him in the summer we'd have been laughing.

I actually think Conte is gone if we lose in the CL to Barca. Winning forces the club hand a bit it will be near impossible to sack him lose and its an extended summer break in Italy for the Conte's.

I dont know, like if we get bate by 3 or 4 goals, which is possible, he could be pushed but with top4 still up in the air, there is no alternative that you could get in that could guide us there.

Hiddink is beyond useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

You are expecting joined up thinking there Gav - not something we are renowned for. Get ZZ in then as the new Uncle Gus to steady the ship :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Snip

You are expecting joined up thinking there Gav - not something we are renowned for. Get ZZ in then as the new Uncle Gus to steady the ship :eek:

I'm just hoping we dont end up with Brendan Rodgers in the summer if Tony heads back to Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Newcastle press conf

Conte on injuries: "Morata, Courtois are out.

on Morata-Courtois: "I don't know, it is very difficult to tell you today how many days they need to come back. Morata has a problem in his back and Courtois took a kick in his ankle. Fabregas trained today and tomorrow I will check his physical condition and form"

on Willian: "Willian is out. Today with the doctor, he will have a scan to evaluate his injury but I don't think we're talking about a serious injury.

on Fabregas return: "Fabregas trained today and tomorrow I will check his physical condition and form"

on transfers policy at Chelsea: "I think it is right to have this type of situation. I am repeating the same things, I am the coach and my task is to do the best for the club and try to improve these players."

Conte on his own future at Chelsea: "Nothing has changed. There was the summer, then after the summer nothing has changed.

"I am happy. I am happy to work for this club."

"The players are happy because the players want to play every game. This type of situation is more difficult for the coach and not the players. The players love to play"

on Barkley getting his first start: "As you know, after a bad injury you need a bit of time to be fit 100%. If you want to accelerate this process, he has to play, not only have the training session."

says Musonda is available to face Newcastle but refuses to confirm whether he is going on loan soon after being left out of the U23s and senior matches. No injury for the Belgian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

duploelabs wrote: »
    Snip

Ok so here's the point I initially tried to lay out.

There's a serious pattern emerging from our transfer policy/methods.

Our manager identifies a target A from Club x. This is fed out through our sub-official channels (Matt Law etc), player A says something like it's always their dream to play in the premiership, Club x say that he's not for sale but for a bid of X-millions comes in. This tit for tat continues and what seems like negotiations take place, then it all drifts off.

How many times have we seen this happen? My finger points at our chief negotiator, Marina Granovskaia, for going in too hard at the negotiations as each of these transfer prospects seem to just fizzle out and the only reason why I can see is that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Conte's body language is of a man who wants out and a few of the players look like they're just going through the motions until the summer too.

I wonder how much of the current transfer policy of the club is, why bring in somebody Conte wants when he'll be gone in June anyway? (Or beforethen if results go down the pan.) So they've a business plan which it looks like they intend to stick to regardless of any whims of the manager, which is never a long term position at CFC anyway.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Ok so here's the point I initially tried to lay out.

There's a serious pattern emerging from our transfer policy/methods.

Our manager identifies a target A from Club x. This is fed out through our sub-official channels (Matt Law etc), player A says something like it's always their dream to play in the premiership, Club x say that he's not for sale but for a bid of X-millions comes in. This tit for tat continues and what seems like negotiations take place, then it all drifts off.

How many times have we seen this happen? My finger points at our chief negotiator, Marina Granovskaia, for going in too hard at the negotiations as each of these transfer prospects seem to just fizzle out and the only reason why I can see is that.....

I reckon Marina will now get the flack that Emenalo used to get.

But ya, theres no doubt though that the club is trying to get deals done as cheap as possible and probably wont wiggle on their valuation. City have come in and just got business done, even if theyve been pushed back theyll pursue it and get it done.

Mahrez seemed like a real possibilty and it would be a deal that would be great for us but after some promising sounds from the parties (Law, Di Marzio) nothing came of it.

Its going to be an interesting summer thats for sure, we're likely losing our manager and we're going to struggle to keep our 2 best players and with all that, I cant see us attracting elite level players.

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    Newcastle press conf

Conte on injuries: "Morata, Courtois are out.

on Morata-Courtois: "I don't know, it is very difficult to tell you today how many days they need to come back. Morata has a problem in his back and Courtois took a kick in his ankle. Fabregas trained today and tomorrow I will check his physical condition and form"

on Willian: "Willian is out. Today with the doctor, he will have a scan to evaluate his injury but I don't think we're talking about a serious injury.

on Fabregas return: "Fabregas trained today and tomorrow I will check his physical condition and form"

on transfers policy at Chelsea: "I think it is right to have this type of situation. I am repeating the same things, I am the coach and my task is to do the best for the club and try to improve these players."

Conte on his own future at Chelsea: "Nothing has changed. There was the summer, then after the summer nothing has changed.

"I am happy. I am happy to work for this club."

"The players are happy because the players want to play every game. This type of situation is more difficult for the coach and not the players. The players love to play"

on Barkley getting his first start: "As you know, after a bad injury you need a bit of time to be fit 100%. If you want to accelerate this process, he has to play, not only have the training session."

says Musonda is available to face Newcastle but refuses to confirm whether he is going on loan soon after being left out of the U23s and senior matches. No injury for the Belgian.

I dont think Barkley will start this weekend, it should be Michy Hazard and Pedro but I wouldnt be surprised if Michy was dropped again.

I'd honestly play Hazard and Musonda off Michy, Pedro has been poor of late.

I'd go with

Big Willy
    Azp Luiz Cahill
    Zappa Kante Drinkwater Alonso
    Musonda Michy Hazard

Eduardo
    Rudiger
    Moses Bakayoko
    Pedro Barkley
    Hudson-Odoi

Liverpool out is one potential winner gone from the competition hopefully we can go on a little further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Liverpool out is one potential winner gone from the competition hopefully we can go on a little further.

Sorry, uh Gav, what are you smoking? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Hopefully we can push on and have a repeat performance of the PL thrashing earlier in the season.

Looking forward to seeing how Barkley gets on. Roll on 1:30!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Get in bats

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Delighted for the Batman. Good stuff from Pedro too.

Zappacosta doesn’t seem to get the same service Moses does on the right. Everything going down the left so far.

Another but lucky to get it.
    Still wondering why not give him more starts as can get into games move

Easy game , great that Hudson odei made his debut

Good win.

Into the 5th round without much hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Bats had a rare good game where he could actually hold the ball up occasionally. I like the last chance he had with that kind of stutter turn ghosting between 2 players, reminded me of Drogs. His flicks and shooting are always good, but his positioning and passing was definitely better today. If he's kept and we don't get Dzeko we should rotate more to try and get him in the swing of things. It's only Newcastle and they didn't look bothered but..

3 days left now to get a striker or bats might get an odd chance.
    Should be getting a left back too so most likely a panic buy on deadline day.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Bats had a rare good game where he could actually hold the ball up occasionally. I like the last chance he had with that kind of stutter turn ghosting between 2 players, reminded me of Drogs. His flicks and shooting are always good, but his positioning and passing was definitely better today. If he's kept and we don't get Dzeko we should rotate more to try and get him in the swing of things. It's only Newcastle and they didn't look bothered but..

Bats usually does better against the dross.

Conte doesn't appear to like bats though. Meaning in a crunch tie he might be far less willing to gamble on him.

Conte won't play him in the league if he can get away with it. Not against a good side anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

The treble is still ON!

Musonda off to Celtic on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

He'd better better off in Championship in England. Or pretty much any other top flight league in Europe.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Today is apparently d-day for Dzeko. Their other striker got inured so that may change things. Auba going to Arsenal might open up Giroud to us. They might look for a giant fee, but I wouldn't pay over £20m. Hopefully we can at the very least announce Emerson and we can give poor Marcos a rest the odd time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Typical Chelsea transfer window, spend the whole thing chancing someone and fail to land him at the end.
    Que the arrival of some unheard of guy now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Typical Chelsea transfer window, spend the whole thing chancing someone and fail to land him at the end.
    Que the arrival of some unheard of guy now.
    something bonkers about Arsenal chasing one of the top strikers in European football and Chelsea after an Arsenal cast off. Feels like somethng has changed financially speaking.

Ya, thats not a great move for him.

Maybe at the start of the season it would have worked when he could have got into the team and played the odd CL game but now, with the league all but wrapped up, like it is every year, hes wasting his time going north to that tinpot league.

greendom wrote: »
    something bonkers about Arsenal chasing one of the top strikers in European football and Chelsea after an Arsenal cast off. Feels like somethng has changed financially speaking.

Its not really Chelseas policy to go after players pushing 30 and not ones that would cost 50-60m, we've already spent that on Morata.

I'd take Giroud if the price was 15m max but at his age, I dont see why he doesnt drop down a level and be a starter elsewhere.

Poor bas*ard having to go to Scotland for 18 months. :o

We might as well go for Bailey or Chiesa in the summer now.

With Aubayemang going to arsenal, Dortmund apparently want Michy. :o

Going to be an interesting end to the Janaury transfer window anyway.

At this rate I'd honestly rather we kept Michy and got a replacement in the summer, going for sub stabdard players like Giroud and Dzeko to fill a short term, 2 or 3 year max role from the bench is pointless, IMO.

Leave Michy at it until the summer, sell him, recall Abraham, and get in another CF and go with Morata, Abraham and the new CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Its not really Chelseas policy to go after players pushing 30 and not ones that would cost 50-60m, we've already spent that on Morata.

I'd take Giroud if the price was 15m max but at his age, I dont see why he doesnt drop down a level and be a starter elsewhere.

That used to be Arsenal policy too. Something definitely changing

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    That used to be Arsenal policy too. Something definitely changing

Arsenal are in serious daner of being left behind by the top 3 teams IMO.

Theres greater emphasis on them to spend than Chelsea.

Theres not many teams that would have two 60m CFs on the books but its a brave move by arsenal with Lacazette and Aubayemang, its showing good ambition anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I think the Musonda loan could be half decent, sure it's a sh*t league but Celtic play decent enough ball and managed to make scott sinclair look good, might give him a chance at being a bit of a main man up there too. Throw in a few european games too, could be worthwhile, if he can't make an impression there he won't for us. It does leave us short on wing cover again with no him or Kenedy, Hudson-Odoi could see himself on the bench a good bit?

I think it will serve him well, the 18months part is better for Charly, if he had gone up there until May, it would have been pointless.

I dont see Hudson Odoi being on the bench much barring an injury crisis.

It will be Hazard, Morata with Pedro or Willian filling the other support spot in a 3 or both of them will be on the bench and you have to factor in Barkley too.

So thats 2 support roles, sometimes 1, for 4 players and Hazard is the automatic choice, so its 3 into 1.

I think it will serve him well, the 18months part is better for Charly, if he had gone up there until May, it would have been pointless.

I dont see Hudson Odoi being on the bench much barring an injury crisis.

It will be Hazard, Morata with Pedro or Willian filling the other support spot in a 3 or both of them will be on the bench and you have to factor in Barkley too.

So thats 2 support roles, sometimes 1, for 4 players and Hazard is the automatic choice, so its 3 into 1.

Had forgot Barkley alright, although I'd expect in a 352 (with only 1 spare slot) he's going to be the third CM. Even with about 5 touches he looked better than DannyD against newcastle.

hots wrote: »
    Had forgot Barkley alright, although I'd expect in a 352 (with only 1 spare slot) he's going to be the third CM. Even with about 5 touches he looked better than DannyD against newcastle.

He had some good moments against Arsenal too, Barkley that is.

Theres a really good player in there too, if he can add some consistency and a bit a better understanding of when to release the ball, he'll be a bargain at 15m.

He had some good moments against Arsenal too, Barkley that is.

Theres a really good player in there too, if he can add some consistency and a bit a better understanding of when to release the ball, he'll be a bargain at 15m.

Agreed, to be honest even if he sits on the bench forever he's still a good buy at that price. I'm interested to see what he's like 10 games in, he really doesn't look fit yet.

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    Agreed, to be honest even if he sits on the bench forever he's still a good buy at that price. I'm interested to see what he's like 10 games in, he really doesn't look fit yet.

Ya, if we wanted to flip Barkley in 18-24months, we'd make money on him but I hope he becomes more than that.

Not asking for much but the next Frank Lamaprd would be nice. :o

Lot of ifs and buts in that article.

Enrique wouldnt be a bad shout though I guess although I'd have like to seen how he got on at a different club that didnt have Messi. :o

Lot of ifs and buts in that article.

Enrique wouldnt be a bad shout though I guess although I'd have like to seen how he got on at a different club that didnt have Messi. :o

He had Roma didn't too bad/ very good. He did exceptionally well in one season at Celta they'd just survived the drop and he got them into fighting for a Europa league spot the following season. Playing some very good football.

Oh and he managed Barca b in a higher division than pep had to the title. With less star power than pep. Arguably he had none as pep had moved them all into first team.

He was willing to lose his job just to get Messi to tow the line. (In the end Xavi and busquets saved him).

He has a really ambitious rotation policy and is a ridiculously strict disciplinarian and athlete . Tbh I'd fully expect him to fall out with most of your current squad and the board not to back him. At Barca he was saved by the fact he's a club legend, and Xavi. (Also helped that the players who weren't Messi realised Enrique probably wouldn't lose his job if he benched and disciplined them. )

I forgot about his stint at Roma. :o

I've pretty much resigned to losing Conte TBH, its all about finishing top 4 now and seeing who the board out in place for next season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement