Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

peteeeed wrote: »
    well when you look at it , he lost all of his original backroom staff which was a big part of his success .. over the years one by one they moved on the mgmt jobs themselves

Or just got tired of his sh*t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

He was a cutting edge maestro in 2004. The problem is it's not 2004 any more. The game has moved on and he hasn't. The Portuguese national team job next and then it's time for pipe and slippers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He doesnt need the money anyway, hes probably made more form pay offs than he has in career earnings.

If he has the motivation and the right circumstances, hes an exceptional manager.

If anything is a bit off, hes a sour puss that drags everything around him down into a black hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Callum f**king Wilson.

If the club ever wants to challenge for major honours those type of signings need to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

Ah Jose Mourinho!.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Callum f**king Wilson.

If the club ever wants to challenge for major honours those type of signings need to stop.
    Drinkwater comes to mind. Definitely not the solution to our scoring woes, shouldn't be considered if we've any intention of kicking on.

All opinions aside about Mourinho, since his dads passing he's always seemed to be a bit troubled - I hope he finds some sort of solace now. Can't imagine living in a hotel for 2 years was good for the mind either.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Callum f**king Wilson.

I think if there's nothing doing for a top top stricker in Jan then he's not a bad stop gap til the end of the season.

By no means the solution, but is having a great season and I think he will score goals in our system.

Rumours Icardi was on a plane to London and can't see him going to any other club other than ourselves. Would take a huge offer though.

• Advertisement

Tomw86 wrote: »
    I
    Rumours Icardi was on a plane to London and can't see him going to any other club other than ourselves. Would take a huge offer though.
    Supposedly the plane was also registered to Nike, more a promo thing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Johann. wrote: »
    Supposedly the plane was also registered to Nike, more a promo thing :(

And our kit is done by????

(taps temple)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Sack Sarri NOW and hire back Jose

duploelabs wrote: »
    And our kit is done by????

(taps temple)
    Never knew.

I meant more of a Nike product promotion, akin to the kind they send CR on around Asia.

Let it fit your agenda though, we can all dream :P

Ya, Icardi was signing an extension to his Nike deal in London apparently.

Probably a photoshoot involved too.

Wont be signing for us anyway. :o

Sack Sarri NOW and hire back Jose

Jose as defensive coordinator?

Or Medical adviser?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Wilson - flavour of the month and also injury prone. A bit like Demba Ba. No thanks.

Johner wrote: »
    Wilson - flavour of the month and also injury prone. A bit like Demba Ba. No thanks.

A lesser version of Demba Ba at that.

It would be an absolute waste of money if we went out and brought in Wilson for 5 months.

With the current squad, we should get top 4 and push for a CF in the summer, getting in Wilson now isnt going to improve us in the ling term and it wont do anything but waste vital money for summer transfers.

Unless the club thinks its going to get a transfer ban, that signign is utterly pointless, even at that, I'd prefer to give Michy, Tammy, Giroiud and Morata a chance than waste money on a hyped up English CF in a purple patch.

Man City, Burton Albion, Arsenal or Spurs in the Semi's.

Assuming we beat Bournemouth. :o

I think Sarri will go pretty much full strength tonight for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

A lesser version of Demba Ba at that.

It would be an absolute waste of money if we went out and brought in Wilson for 5 months.

With the current squad, we should get top 4 and push for a CF in the summer, getting in Wilson now isnt going to improve us in the ling term and it wont do anything but waste vital money for summer transfers.

Unless the club thinks its going to get a transfer ban, that signign is utterly pointless, even at that, I'd prefer to give Michy, Tammy, Giroiud and Morata a chance than waste money on a hyped up English CF in a purple patch.

Ba was worth it just for that goal against Liverpool alone :P

I would rather bring Tammy back and give him a shot over Morata/Giroud starting, altho I do feel they both offer good link up play!

Still wouldn't be against signing Wilson, as any injury to Hazard would leave us in serious trouble.

I would be upset though if there wasn't a world class striker lined up to come in in the summer, and please God not Higuain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Johann. wrote: »
    Drinkwater comes to mind. Definitely not the solution to our scoring woes, shouldn't be considered if we've any intention of kicking on.

All opinions aside about Mourinho, since his dads passing he's always seemed to be a bit troubled - I hope he finds some sort of solace now. Can't imagine living in a hotel for 2 years was good for the mind either.

Fully agree with that. Things started to go badly wrong here (second time around) when his dad fell ill initially, I remember posting at the time he really should take some leave of absence as he just seemed dour (and he was generally full of smiles second time around for a fair while at least).

Whatever has gone wrong with him I do feel for him, he has spoiled things a bit recently, but three titles and a handful of cups should be remembered. There is one "big" club in London who have not won it that many times in their history...................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Tomw86 wrote: »
    Ba was worth it just for that goal against Liverpool alone :P

Definitely! :)

I've no sympathy for Jose at all.

Nothing about going to Utd, that was always going to happen once he got sacked the second time from his dream job but how he spoke about the club and the fans for 3 years.

I dont believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Hey lads, man city fan here. It looks like I will be in London on the 30th and am at a loose end on the morning. I see crystal palace are playing at home against Chelsea and would be able to go. Only ever been to a Liverpool game once about 9 years ago. Would it be possible to get a ticket to this game, if so how?

I saw on crystal palace site, that there are tickets being resold but you need some kind of membership.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

You would need to buy membership which is usually pretty cheap, otherwise go through a tout. Any game with a top 4 club involved will be expensive though.

Hey lads, man city fan here. It looks like I will be in London on the 30th and am at a loose end on the morning. I see crystal palace are playing at home against Chelsea and would be able to go. Only ever been to a Liverpool game once about 9 years ago. Would it be possible to get a ticket to this game, if so how?

I saw on crystal palace site, that there are tickets being resold but you need some kind of membership.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If you're in the area, you might pick up a ticket on the day from a tout but Palace usually sell out their home games against the big London sides.

Alternatively, you could register on a Palace forum in the UK and ask there for any spares or info where you could get them from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

any lineups announced for tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Not until an hour before the game so in 30 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Has RLC started on the wing for us before? I know he’s been coming on for Pedro/Willian a wee bit but its promising to see him starting there now, LCM is crowded enough with Barkley and Kovacic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

One man team.

Good win.

RLC was the best Chelsea player, Boruc kept Bournemouth in the game with half a dozen great saves.

Chelsea v spurs
    Home in the 2nd leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Chelsea away. Would have been nice getting burton. Hope they play better than tonight against spurs

2nd easiest draw, I'll take that.

Home in the 2nd leg too.

The 2 legged semi final is to be played either side of an away game against Arsenal.

Great craic.

City beat spurs, spurs beat us, we beat city.

Going by my logic, if we beat Spurs, we'll beat City.

If spurs beat us, they'll lose to City.

:pac:

TBH, I'd prefer 3 points off Arsenal more than I want to get to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Never settle for less Gav go for both :), would be sickening to lose to Spurs and Burton to reach the final by some fluke. Mind you in reality it is just sickening to lose to Spurs full stop.

• Advertisement

Never settle for less Gav go for both :), would be sickening to lose to Spurs and Burton to reach the final by some fluke. Mind you in reality it is just sickening to lose to Spurs full stop.

Unfortunately, with the 2 legged semi finals, Burton have as close to zero chance of turning over city than anything else.

A one off game they might get lucky but not over 180 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Did Zola say before Bournemouths v Chelsea that they were interested in buying Wilson ?
    Thought there was rules against that

Zola said
    "I'm sure there are a lot of players linked with us. Callum is doing well and is of interest not only for us but for many."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Zola said
    Ah ,harmless stuff

Its pretty harmful for Chelsea.

If the height of the boards ambition is Callum Wilson, we wont be up near the top anytime soon.

so hopefully Eden will score his 100th Chelsea goal this weekend and then sign a new contract

• Advertisement

so hopefully Eden will sign a new contract

Fixed it for ya.

:pac:

Its pretty harmful for Chelsea.

If the height of the boards ambition is Callum Wilson, we wont be up near the top anytime soon.

Who else would be available in January though

It’s obvious we need someone new, and someone who’s quick up top, can probably cover the wing positions, and is homegrown is a better option than what we have atm

Not every player in the squad can be a 70m superstar international, sometimes you just need someone who plugs a few holes and Wilson would fill them

Comparisons to Drinkwater are a bit silly imo because Danny was already coming off an average season without Kante beside him, i think for anything around the 40m mark would be decent given todays market

Who else would be available in January though

It’s obvious we need someone new, and someone who’s quick up top, can probably cover the wing positions, and is homegrown is a better option than what we have atm

Not every player in the squad can be a 70m superstar international, sometimes you just need someone who plugs a few holes and Wilson would fill them

Comparisons to Drinkwater are a bit silly imo because Danny was already coming off an average season without Kante beside him, i think for anything around the 40m mark would be decent given todays market

Where as Wilson has come off 18 good games and is nowhere near the value that we'd have to pay for him.

You cant plug the squad with average players in purple patches unless you want to consistently fight for 4th-6th.

The current squad is good enough without a CF to finish top 4, wasting 50m+ on a quick HG player that will need replacing in 18 months time anyway would be the Chelsea way to do things and I'm hoping the club has learned their lesson or else we'll not be near the top for years to come.

Hazard himself wanted quality from the board to push on, Callum Wilson isnt that player and never will be, not for his valuation. The days of stop gap players for 10-15m are well gone, the market is f**ked.

You either spend big abroad and get a star or spend big in England and get a hyped up English player well above his actual valuation.

He's probably not good enough to be a champions league calibar striker we'll say, but he's better than what we have now and would be an option behind an actual top striker

Looking back now with hindsight it's an awful pity we didn't go for Aubameyang at some stage, he'd be a 30 goal player up top for us

There really is very little out there atm, Piatek the Polish striker is linked with a lot of top clubs coming off a purple patch of his own and any big money on him would be as big a risk as Wilson

There's next to no value for money or guarantee for your money out there, look at what ~75m turned into for both Morata and Lukaku

If Utd cant bed down Martial contract, he only has 18 months left at the moment, we should move for him in the summer and play him as a #9.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement