Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

TIMO WERNER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

TIMO WERNER

Martial or Icardo for me. :pac:

On another note, I think its time we start using Emerson in proper games.

RLC has to start from now on too over Barkley or Kovacic or even on the RW.

Pedro has to be the first choice between himself and Willian, who stunk the place up again last night.

Also, its Ampadu over Christensen for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

From what I saw Christensen was OK last night though there is a question mark over his hamstring - apart from some fitness worries there is nothing wrong with Christensen that a few games to bed in will not fix. Ampadu is a fine player in the making but Christensen is certainly ahead of him now.
    Will be interesting next season as well when Happy returns he is putting in some excellent performances for Everton, indeed against City he was the only defender they had he had a really good game.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Martial or Icardo for me. :pac:

Timo is 22 and his contract is up in 2020. Next summer is the optimum time for a deal if one could be made. Alternatively, if we offered up Batshuayi +15-20m in January we might nab him then.

Higuain being linked again.

Christ, I'd nearly prefer Wilson. :o

L'Equipe saying we're back after Fekir.

Would bring another dimension to the RW anyway if he could be got from Lyon, which is highly unlikely considering they're still in the CL and have a winnable game against Shakthar..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Higuain being linked again.

Christ, I'd nearly prefer Wilson. :o

yeah but he works as a buy in jan , no one else will come , with a big signing in the summer

I cant imagine Juve will sell him cheap.

It would be another waste of money IMO.

Top 4 should be ok for us with the squad we have and I cant see Higuain pushing us up passed Spurs, Pool and City to winning the PL.

Top 4 should be ok for us with the squad we have and I cant see Higuain pushing us up passed Spurs, Pool and City to winning the PL.

he's on loan at Milan, i think they'll take what they can get and he is sarri's boy

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    he's on loan at Milan, i think they'll take what they can get and he is sarri's boy

Milan paid some 18m to loan him and if they want to buy him outright, its another 36m or so.

That deal is seriously complicated, I cant see Milan sacking off 18m on a loan deal and Juventus willing to lose a further 36m in potential transfers so Chelsea can get him.

But again, it would be very Chelsea to go and buy a washed up, expensive, over the hill 30 something year old CF. Its very short sighted and invective of how inept the board is sometimes, even if Sarri wants him, this is one of those times the board should just say no.

A bit like the Utd board telling Jose they werent going to pay 70m for Maguire. There will be better value to be had in the summer.

The only way I see Chelsea spending big in the January window is if the board are fearful of a transfer ban and need to recruit in the short term (2 transfer window ban).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

That squad is one Hazard injury away from not qualifying for top 4 as it stands we need a CF even if it is something as odd as a loan swap Higuain for Morata until season end.

Lyon would sell Fekir at the right price I would guess as they in reality will not progress beyond the last 8 of the CL at the very best though they are in a tussle in league 1.

Leicester press conf

Sarri on if the PL will miss Mourinho: "I think so. As you know, Mourinho won everything, won everywhere. I like him very much as a coach & as a man... he's right when he says Manchester has a future without him & he has a great future without Manchester

I hope I will see him on a bench again soon. Maybe in England... not here!"

"We have a little problem with Christensen. A little injury to his hamstring. The doctor told me it's not very serious but he needs to rest for about one more week, I think. We miss him for a couple of matches"
    "I think Barcelona yesterday signed a new CB... Christensen is out of the market. He's an important player for us

on striker reports: "I don't know about [Callum] Wilson. Eddie [Howe] is a friend & I want to see him very happy.

says he wanted "two or three matches" to see if false nine could be a solution in all situations & explained his thinking to Giroud

he doesn't know if he'll play false nine vs Leicester, but points out Giroud played the full 90 mins vs Bournemouth & Morata has only just returned to training...

Sarri about Higuain. He calls him a 'wonderful player' but doesn't want to talk about him because he's got two strikers right now

Hazard is so good that he doesn't have a best position. He adds that Hazard has told him he enjoys playing false nine

on Drinkwater: "Danny is in the list for the PL but not for Europe. He's a very good midfielder but he's suitable for a midfield with two CMs. In a three he's not suitable to play centre-right or centre-left, so his problem is my football." His future? "I don't know"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I wouldn't go near Fekir. I'll have to dig out the article written by a surgeon regarding the reoccurring knee injuries he suffers from. More glass than Robben

duploelabs wrote: »
    I wouldn't go near Fekir. I'll have to dig out the article written by a surgeon regarding the reoccurring knee injuries he suffers from. More glass than Robben

Well Liverpool had him signed and then pulled the plug last minute.

Its worth a gamble, I'd prefer him over Willian anyway, injuries or not.

on Drinkwater: "Danny is in the list for the PL but not for Europe. He's a very good midfielder but he's suitable for a midfield with two CMs. In a three he's not suitable to play centre-right or centre-left, so his problem is my football." His future? "I don't know"

Bye bye Drinkwater, the single biggest waste of money in Chelsea history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Winston Bogarde has been in touch....... He begs to differ!

RichT wrote: »
    Winston Bogarde has been in touch....... He begs to differ!

He didnt cost us 35m :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

L'Equipe saying we're back after Fekir.

Would bring another dimension to the RW anyway if he could be got from Lyon, which is highly unlikely considering they're still in the CL and have a winnable game against Shakthar..
    Lyon are playing barca
    Not so winnable now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Watching Liverpool playoff Wolves - Wolves actually look like a pub team against them - how in the name of all that is holy did we loose against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Himself and Torres are up there, we got nothing back for Torres and he was on massive wages too

Probably gonna be a lot more of these 30m+ duds with how mad transfer fees are

Unlucky to loose the game, hit the woodwork twice etc but by Jaysis the transition from defence to attack is glacial. It’s like we are giving the opposition time to get back into position. Results dictate everything and this false 9 cr*p and no decent defensive midfielder lark need to be jettisoned asap. We were a shambles today. Sorryball has yet to convince me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Reality has come home to roost. A lot of earlier results went our way. But we’re now shedding points that leave us in a more realistic position. Sarri has been saying this all along.

At the very least the club has to back him with players who fit his system. Whether that system can deliver results is another question. A premiership should be achievable in the next couple of seasons. Perhaps in the style Abramovich craves - if indeed he craves it any more.

Winning a UCL is a goal of a different order. It’s not just about ‘details’. UCL winners need a bit of the cup-winning big day mentality (as opposed to league stamina). Maybe that’s where we need to focus. Top 4 + cup assaults.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Jorginho is not all that, is my considered opinion. A lot of passing for the sake of passing, short nothing passes that he could easily have held the ball himself, slowing things down to snails pace when a bit of urgency is needed. Players might need to adapt, but it's clear Sarri does too, he needs a plan b and plan c and he needs to drop players that aren't cutting it rather than sticking with the old guard.

But he won't.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

**** me lads, Willian has to be benched and start phasing CHO in, he's been dreadful for ages and Sarri licking him is constantly pissing me off. Willian won't get better whereas CHO will! We badly need a striker too, dynamic full backs would be nice long term. The inconsistency is worrying me this season. Watford and Palace next, Zaha will have a field day.

Watching Everton Spurs - if they offer us €5m for Zouma I’d bite their hand off. Again a team we laboured against is being thrashed by a so called rival - depressing stuff.

Garzorico wrote: »
    Watching Everton Spurs - if they offer us €5m for Zouma I’d bite their hand off. Again a team we laboured against is being thrashed by a so called rival - depressing stuff.

Liverpool, City and Spurs have one thing we don't have pace and strength.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Killinator

smuckers wrote: »
    Liverpool, City and Spurs have one thing we don't have pace and strength.

2 things, they have 2 things; pace & strength....& an effective stricker, 3 THINGS!

• Advertisement

oh yes a forward would be nice, reckon it's Higuain till short term till summer

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Having just watched the match in full , I’m sat wondering how we lost ?

Desperately need a striker , Mister Wilson step on up please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Merry Christmas ye filthy animals.
    Hon the Blues!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Merry Christmas to all ye blues, have a good one fellas & look after yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Merry Christmas Chelsea and fans :))
    Many goals given in a year to come!

(and received none :d))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

smuckers wrote: »
    oh yes a forward would be nice, reckon it's Higuain till short term till summer

Icardi/werner. Higuain and cavani are the two most overrated stfikers in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Ximena Attractive Prize

Fekir and a striker would be fantastic imho but its likely itll be Wilson (while I don't think is a bad striker - its his injury list that concerns me),,, im wondering are they going all out as theyre fearing a transfer ban

All I want for Christmas is Timo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Happy Boxing Day! :D

Just noticed that our game against Watford tonight is going to be shown on Sky 1 (channel 106), so non Sky Sports subscribers can watch it.

In fact there's 3 games shown on Sky 1 today....

12.30 Fulham v Wolves

17.15 Brighton v Arsenal (If your'e into that kind of filth)

19.30 Watford v Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

RichT wrote: »
    Happy Boxing Day! :D

Just noticed that our game against Watford tonight is going to be shown on Sky 1 (channel 106), so non Sky Sports subscribers can watch it.

In fact there's 3 games shown on Sky 1 today....

12.30 Fulham v Wolves

17.15 Brighton v Arsenal (If your'e into that kind of filth)

19.30 Watford v Chelsea
    That's bit harsh; I wouldn't call Brighton "filth".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Delighted with that, heading to my aunties for dinner & will be chuffed I can watch it on the box & not my phone. Up the Chels!!

Better be a win, will make getting up at 6am for work tomorrow all that bit easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Whatta lovely 100th goal for blues

(few minutes of joy)...

that will do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Good apart from CHO getting subbed at the end. Not a way to try get him to sign on. 40 points we are safe at least ;)

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Good apart from CHO getting subbed at the end. Not a way to try get him to sign on. 40 points we are safe at least ;)

He was injured . Pulled his hamstring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

**** hope it's not too serious. Commentary said tactical change. Ah well a win is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Decent win yesterday, not an amazing performance but never really looked that troubled in the second half.

• Advertisement

Impressed by Kova,s creative side, need to see more of that. Sarri ball won't be implemented fully until we get more dynamic FB,s and a firward who is clinical.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement