Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

peteeeed wrote: »

Worth a punt for 5 months. We need options to alternate on the false 9. After a good start, Morata has just faded away. :(

Hopefully, some day we’ll luck out à la JFH or Drogba.

Sarri on Hazard:
    Asked whether he expects Hazard to remain a Chelsea player in the long term, he said: "I don't know but I think that it's time to decide."
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46700312

Have to say I agree. The messing has gone on too long. Hazard has his own interests, but he also has to respect the position of the club. It’s not unreasonable to expect some kind of compromise formula such as major pay increase plus buy-out clause.

If Eden keeps cavilling when the window opens, I’d be putting out the message that he’s on the market. Which is Eden’s current position anyway, at least as regards RM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

McDave wrote: »
    Sarri on Hazard:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46700312

Have to say I agree. The messing has gone on too long. Hazard has his own interests, but he also has to respect the position of the club. It’s not unreasonable to expect some kind of compromise formula such as major pay increase plus buy-out clause.

If Eden keeps cavilling when the window opens, I’d be putting out the message that he’s on the market. Which is Eden’s current position anyway, at least as regards RM.

The sceptic in me thinks that hazards comments post match about becoming a chelsea legend are designed to keep the people at Madrid' s attention. I'll be very surprised to see him here next season.

• Advertisement

kev1.3s wrote: »
    The sceptic in me thinks that hazards comments post match about becoming a chelsea legend are designed to keep the people at Madrid' s attention. I'll be very surprised to see him here next season.
    The way Sarri was reported in the Telegraph (in today’s Indo), he wants a resolution straight away. Sign a new contract now, or sign elsewhere (that would mean leaving in January, or end of May).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

just hope he stays. if id be sarry id pay whatever just to keep him in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Lavinia wrote: »
    just hope he stays. if id be sarry id pay whatever just to keep him in the team.

It's not really down to sarri what he gets paid, it would be better if he stayed but if he goes then we will get over it. I'm completely fed up with his riddles at this stage.

It’s not even necessarily a matter of pay. Hazard wants to go to RM. The only factor from his POV is whether RM actually want him or not. Which means we have no bargaining chips. We’re just trusting to luck. Which is simply unacceptable after this window closes.

I think the time for doublespeak is over. An ultimatum has to go out now. We can’t lose him for peanuts when May rolls around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Our only chance of keeping Hazard is for PSG to have to sell Mbappe or Neymar, the obvious destination being Madrid

Other than that I can’t see Hazard staying considering he’ll cost what 40-60m with him having a year left on his deal and Madrid being the only real option for taking him

• Advertisement

Our only chance of keeping Hazard is for PSG to have to sell Mbappe or Neymar, the obvious destination being Madrid

Other than that I can’t see Hazard staying considering he’ll cost what 40-60m with him having a year left on his deal and Madrid being the only real option for taking him

Which means we set an appropriate buyout clause in a new contract. That covers Chelsea, and gives Hazard his out should Madrid actually come calling.

With Spurs losing and Arsenal being hockeyed, looks like second is up for grabs. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

McDave wrote: »
    With Spurs losing and Arsenal being hockeyed, looks like second is up for grabs. :)

I'd take 4th right now. :o

Johner wrote: »
    I'd take 4th right now. :o

Arsenal and Utd don’t look like putting up much of a fight at the moment. Of course it’s still only December!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Chelsea: Arrizabalaga, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Luiz, Alonso, Kante, Jorginho, Barkley, Willian, Giroud, Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Kovacic, Zappacosta, Christensen, Morata, Emerson Palmieri, Ampadu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

RichT wrote: »
    Chelsea: Arrizabalaga, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Luiz, Alonso, Kante, Jorginho, Barkley, Willian, Giroud, Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Kovacic, Zappacosta, Christensen, Morata, Emerson Palmieri, Ampadu

Hudson-odoi not even in the bench? Is he injured? News this morning of a second bid in excess of £20m from Bayern. Why don’t we give talent a chance at the club, it’s exasperating.

im so nervous im not sure ill be able to watch this one

(i like the line up though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hudson-odoi not even in the bench? Is he injured? News this morning of a second bid in excess of £20m from Bayern. Why don’t we give talent a chance at the club, it’s exasperating.

Thigh strain, why he was subbed in the last game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hard to see where a goal is going to come from. Lots of possession and passing around the edge of the box but no threat. Frustrating.

I can see a palace counter, goal and then shut up shop. Would be typical.

• Advertisement

That'll do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Kante looking better in the role and either forward now. Still need a 2nd I say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Coasting along at 0-1 is a great recipe for a 1-1 draw.

oh gosh this was so hard to watch but i still watched lol
    dleighted for 3 points though really thanks guys lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Nervy last few minutes but a good win. Luiz looking better again but mortata hope he is swapped at this stage as little effort when on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

No more than we deserve but we desperately need a goal scoring cf, or failing that, linesmen who can see players that are onside, Giroud 2 finishes were excellent and he was robbed today.

Still, a win is a win so move onto the next one in a few days, Saints at the bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Palace were absolutely awful today barely had an attack, we should have scored more than one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Giroud left Selhusrt on crutches too. Rumoured to be a sprained ligament.

Jorginho probably had his worst game passing wise for us but I thought he had one of his strongest games defensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

What's happened to Ross, wasn't bad but didn't contribute much? Best players were Kante Rudi Luiz and Azpi.

• Advertisement

We should stick that money under the mattress..........

It'll come in handy when we buy back RLC, CHO, Tammy and Ampadu in a few years time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Ximena Attractive Prize

and ake in the summer!!

I see Tammy Abraham got another brace of goals today for Villa.

12 goals in his last 10 games...........

Why can't Chelsea find a striker like that? :rolleyes:

We've the 2nd most chances created in the PL but the 6th highest goals scored.

Something has to change, either we become more clinical or we invest in a more clinical player, thats the simple answer.

I still think that we should have enough to wrap up 4th from here, we're better than Utd and Arsenal and a win tonight will keep both at arms length for 2 to 3 games.

• Advertisement

Its hard to know what to expect from Southampton tonight.

They beat Arsenal a few weeks back and drew with Utd at the start of December and gave City a really tough game a few days ago.

We should be putting them to the sword but with Giroud, Pedro, RLC, Odoi all likely out, our attacking options are going to be severely limited and even more so from the bench to change it.

Thats an outrageous piece of business, not just the price but the decision to loan him back to Dortmund when we've got serious issues with wingers/attacking players at the moment.

Hopefully it means Pedro and or Willian are off in the summer and not Hazard or Odoi.

Chelsea Football Club and Borussia Dortmund have today agreed terms for the permanent transfer of Christian Pulisic.

Pulisic will spend the rest of the campaign on loan with Dortmund before linking up with the Blues ahead of the 2019/20 season.

The USA international, who plays as a right winger, or on the left or behind a striker, said: ‘In summer I move on to Chelsea and to a new competition, the English Premier League. It’s a privilege to have signed for such a legendary club and I look forward to working hard towards being a contributor to their team of world class players.’

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia added: ‘We are delighted to have signed one of Europe’s most sought-after young players. Christian has shown his quality during a fantastic spell in Germany and at just 20, we believe he has the potential to become an important Chelsea player for many years to come. We look forward to welcoming him to Stamford Bridge in the summer and wish him and Dortmund every success for the remainder of the season.’

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/1/2/pulisic-transfer-agreed

• Advertisement

Its a big signing for us anyway considering he was being tracked by some of the PL and European elite.

Just kind of pissed we couldn't get it done so he started ASAP.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Its a big signing for us anyway considering he was being tracked by some of the PL and European elite.

Just kind of pissed we couldn't get it done so he started ASAP.

Few stories that Dortmund wanted 80 mill to sign him to play now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Thats an outrageous piece of business, not just the price but the decision to loan him back to Dortmund when we've got serious issues with wingers/attacking players at the moment.

Hopefully it means Pedro and or Willian are off in the summer and not Hazard or Odoi.

It could be something as simple as Dortmund wanting another €30 or €40m for him to join now. I remember reading something similar when Liverpool were linked.

Very good player and I would have liked him to join us but at €60m it's probably to much as I didn't see him been an automatic starter ahead of Mane or Salah.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It could be something as simple as Dortmund wanting another €30 or €40m for him to join now. I remember reading something similar when Liverpool were linked.

Very good player and I would have liked him to join us but at €60m it's probably to much as I didn't see him been an automatic starter ahead of Mane or Salah.

Thats the difference between Pool and Chelsea now.

We need to replace at least 1 of our RWs in Pedro/Willian and Hazard could be out the door in the summer too so there is scope for signing a "marquee" player to fill a role and be an automatic starter for us.

If cesc goes we're going to need a new regista, unless we can convert Ampadu, who IMO, is capable enough to be exposed to the role and eventually thrive there.

Hes played a similar role for Wales but under Sarri it would be a seriously more intense role and position to flourish under than with Wales.

Cahill off to Fulham on loan is doing the Twitter rounds

Cahill off to Fulham on loan is doing the Twitter rounds

The worst defence in the PL, christ, it must be bleak if they're after Cahill. :o

Abraham apparently wants a PL loan, hes got 16 goals in 20 championship games, if hes leaves Villa they wont stand a chance of making the play offs as hes scored 33% of their goals.

At this rate, I'd give him 5 months with us see how he does, Sarri never wanted him to leave on loan in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I suppose the Pulisic deal and being loaned back is to do with 2 things, the club wants to get the last out of Willian and Pedro while they're still here and Dortmund will probably have insisted on it themselves, they're in prime position for the Bundesliga and probably didn't want to lose him even if he's not a starter for them anymore

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement