Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

hots wrote: »
    Is he not cup tied from the Europa?

Only if we had dropped into the Europa.

The reason Arsenal cant register Aubameyang is because Dortmund dropped into the EL, even though he didnt play in yet for them, theres a mad rule that hes now cup tied.

Giroud would free to play for us in the CL and I'm not sure about Michy for Dortmund but I'm going to assume hes ok to play for them in the EL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭weiland79

Michy and Aubameyang deals being reported as done

Aubameyang is done, now its just waiting on Arsenal for Giroud.

I wouldnt sanction the Michy deal until we get Giroud, just as a precaution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The amount of dross we are signing recently is depressing.

Lets just hope we dont sell Hazard and Courtois in the summer.

Given what Ozil is on, Hazard might just tell the club to do one and head for Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Honestly, I would be a lot less surprise seeing Messi in blue shirt than Giroud.

36cb3f207d100e3b78bd3eabfb5aaf1c.jpg

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Lets just hope we dont sell Hazard and Courtois in the summer.

Given what Ozil is on, Hazard might just tell the club to do one and head for Madrid.

Unfortunately I think we will lose one of them. Can’t see us selling both though.

Johner wrote: »
    Unfortunately I think we will lose one of them. Can’t see us selling both though.

I think Hazard has a longer contract so Courtois is more likely in that case and given his ex and kid live in Madrid, that wouldnt be beyond the realms of possibilty to think he'll end up back there.

I think Hazard has a longer contract so Courtois is more likely in that case and given his ex and kid live in Madrid, that wouldnt be beyond the realms of possibilty to think he'll end up back there.

Conte will be gone as well. His interview about Emerson summed it up, another board signing. Very annoying the way things are done although it was has been successful for the most part so can we really complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

everyone cheer up

peteeeed wrote: »
    everyone cheer up

thats right, we should be 2nd in the league at around 10pm tonight :)

Carpentry wrote: »

Only if Utd lose and theres a 4 goal swing in it with our win. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Or United lose by 5!

Conte will be gone as well. His interview about Emerson summed it up, another board signing. Very annoying the way things are done although it was has been successful for the most part so can we really complain.

I love Tony but at some stage hes going to have stop banging that drum, every Chelsea manager faced the same issues, its frustrating for the fans so must be 100 times worse for the manager but hes got a good squad.

Hes managed to get in a few of his own players as well along the way.

Hopefully he stays though.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Or United lose by 5!

That could work. :o

• Advertisement

• Carpentry wrote: »
    Or United lose by 5!
    That could work. :o

Hi there, please rub salt in if this is the case.
    If not I will be back later :D

I love Tony but at some stage hes going to have stop banging that drum, every Chelsea manager faced the same issues, its frustrating for the fans so must be 100 times worse for the manager but hes got a good squad.

Hes managed to get in a few of his own players as well along the way.

Hopefully he stays though.

Haha we want it both ways, most fans in here highly critical of our transfer business. But it's probably Conte who is within his rights to complain most after delivering the league.

That said I do think some of the manager's displeasure has trickled down to the fans, and possibly the players.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

If ye lose we'll prob end up drawing :p

M!Ck^ wrote: »

What if ye draw 1-1 and we win 1-0?

Which is what I think will happen. :o

Haha we want it both ways, most fans in here highly critical of our transfer business. But it's probably Conte who is within his rights to complain most after delivering the league.

That said I do think some of the manager's displeasure has trickled down to the fans, and possibly the players.

I'd be one of those thats highly critical of the board but we have added players to positions that we needed players in for.

Now, theyre clearly not the quality that you'd hope for, nor are they first or second names on a list if Conte was picking but here we are.

We should be comfortable in the top 4 now really, the biggest issue is going to be playing Utd away and pushing the City away game back further into the season.

I think our best chance of a trophy has probably passed us in the LC and I cant figure out how or why Conte cant seem to beat Arsenal, theyre terrible and we've beat them once in 8 games which was about a year ago at the Bridge.

We could have a run at the FA cup but the longer we avoid City the better.

The best summer for us would be keeping Tony, Hazard and Courtois, worse case scenario, all 3 are gone.

• Advertisement

I'd be one of those thats highly critical of the board but we have added players to positions that we needed players in for.

Now, theyre clearly not the quality that you'd hope for, nor are they first or second names on a list if Conte was picking but here we are.

We should be comfortable in the top 4 now really, the biggest issue is going to be playing Utd away and pushing the City away game back further into the season.

I think our best chance of a trophy has probably passed us in the LC and I cant figure out how or why Conte cant seem to beat Arsenal, theyre terrible and we've beat them once in 8 games which was about a year ago at the Bridge.

We could have a run at the FA cup but the longer we avoid City the better.

The best summer for us would be keeping Tony, Hazard and Courtois, worse case scenario, all 3 are gone.

Conte vs Wenger is a weird anomaly considering Conte has an excellent record against every other top manager.

Conte vs Wenger is a weird anomaly considering Conte has an excellent record against every other top manager.

After the 2-2 draw I was convinced Wenger has a hex over Conte.

Although Morata missing about 3 clea cut chances doesnt help either. :o

spurs 3:0 man utd

Chelsea 3:0 Bournemouth

Job done.

Hazard double incoming tonight.

Calling it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

alonso special...calling it now

alonso special...calling it now

Thats our 3 goals scored so. Job done. :D

Now do I go training or watch the game.

If I go trainig we'll win by a few, if I watch the match we'll probably draw, decisions, decisions. :pac:

Giroud is done anyway.

Just waiting on the club to confirm it.

Pity he can't play tonight. I would much preferred himself or Bats for the game. We don't have the wingers to play 343 and I dont think Hazard can be the focal point in a 3-5-2. He might have to start Barkley wide in a 3-4-3, which isn't ideal given his fitness and time with the team.

I’d be hoping for a draw or a United win in that game tonight, plenty of time to catch United but it would be nice for Spurs to fall even further behind the top 4.

Giroud 18 month contract and £17.5m. Should be confirmed soon.

• Advertisement

Pity he can't play tonight. I would much preferred himself or Bats for the game. We don't have the wingers to play 343 and I dont think Hazard can be the focal point in a 3-5-2. He might have to start Barkley wide in a 3-4-3, which isn't ideal given his fitness and time with the team.

It'll probably be Pedro Hazard and Cesc in the front 3 with Hazard through the middle.

As long as Drinkwater isnt playing CM we'll be fine, he played like a donkey against Newcastle, caught the highlights on Chelsea TV.

Its meant to be an 18month deal for Giroud with an optional 1 year extension.

Something Dzeko wasnt happy with.

It'll probably be Pedro Hazard and Cesc in the front 3 with Hazard through the middle.

As long as Drinkwater isnt playing CM we'll be fine, he played like a donkey against Newcastle, caught the highlights on Chelsea TV.

Be nice to see Hudson-Odoi get a decent run out. He had an impressive cameo the other night. Will only happen if we are seriously struggling or seriously comfortable though.

I’d be hoping for a draw or a United win in that game tonight, plenty of time to catch United but it would be nice for Spurs to fall even further behind the top 4.

If Spurs dont win tonight, they'll face an up hill battle for 4th.

Utd have been good on the road too so its very hard to call.

a Utd win, if we win would put Spurs 8 behind us and Arsenal 12, I think.

Pics of Giroud holding the number 18 shirt on Twitter. Sky are saying the fee is £15.3m and £2.2m in add ons. Decent deal in today’s market.

Pics of Giroud holding the number 18 shirt on Twitter. Sky are saying the fee is £15.3m and £2.2m in add ons. Decent deal in today’s market.

Highway robbery!

Be nice to see Hudson-Odoi get a decent run out. He had an impressive cameo the other night. Will only happen if we are seriously struggling or seriously comfortable though.

Ya he could make his PL debut tonight.

I reckon hes got a good shot at being on the bench at least.

Himself and Barkley will be the most attacking options on the bench, assuming Barkley doesnt start and Cesc does.

Arsenal have also meant to have paid Michys loan fee on behalf of Dortmund, to Chelsea, so the deal went through. :pac:

Morata and Giroud could from the most handsome and deadly strike partnership in PL history.

• Advertisement

Morata and Giroud could from the most handsome and deadly strike partnership in PL history.

Neither of them do it for me Gav. Morata is too boyish, although I agree with Conte on he's someone you'd like your daughter to date. Giroud has got a beak on him, but I can see the appeal.

Anyways:

cc7lfa1jifd01.jpg

Welcome home Olivier

Nice to get one back on them after Cech.

Neither of them do it for me Gav. Morata is too boyish, although I agree with Conte on he's someone you'd like your daughter to date. Giroud has got a beak on him, but I can see the appeal.

Be gone with ya.

Both are a big step up on Costa, not so much on goal scoring but selling posters. :pac:

Arsenal have also meant to have paid Michys loan fee on behalf of Dortmund, to Chelsea, so the deal went through. :pac:

thats for real ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Carpentry wrote: »
    thats for real ?

It was reported by Simon Johnson I'm sure.

Fee was meant to be 1.5m

• Advertisement

Be gone with ya.

Both are a big step up on Costa, not so much on goal scoring but selling posters. :pac:

Haha, I prefer Costa's rugged neadrathal look myself :P

Apparently he had baby's all over Madrid so I'm not sure what his rush was to get back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I think ye have done very well to get Giroud and he will definitely get goals. I would much prefer if ye had taken Welbeck off our hands.
    Play to his strengths and I think he could work very well with Morata. He's a player id like to see do well (as long as it's not at Arsenals expense)

Haha, I prefer Costa's rugged neadrathal look myself :P

Apparently he had baby's all over Madrid so I'm not sure what his rush was to get back

Lots of hairy babies no doubt, Pat Costa Mustard. :pac:

wonga77 wrote: »
    I think ye have done very well to get Giroud and he will definitely get goals. I would much prefer if ye had taken Welbeck off our hands.
    Play to his strengths and I think he could work very well with Morata. He's a player id like to see do well (as long as it's not at Arsenals expense)

Nobody can afford Wele. :o

Ya, I think he'll get goals, probably more so than Michy who started his Chelsea career well from the bench and then got worse.

Giroud seems to have a great record from the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Nobody can afford Wele. :o

Ya, I think he'll get goals, probably more so than Michy who started his Chelsea career well from the bench and then got worse.

Giroud seems to have a great record from the bench.

Honestly think he'll start. Think Morata + Mandzukic at Juve under Conte.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement