Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Lavinia wrote: »
    embarrassing..
    wont even comment on line up..

We were crying out for that kind of lineup last season, fair play frank, now come on boys kick in and stick it to em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

embarrassing..
    wont even comment on line up..

I don't think the lineup was a surprise to many. The lack of incision in the attacking third has been alarming though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Some goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Ah beautiful !!!
    1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Killinator

There we bloody go!

Bah!
    I could not give a crap about the Carabo cup, what I do give a crap about is losing at home to Man Utd when they are on a down spin and we are supposedly on a rise.
    Chelsea always did well against Man United - especially in Stamford Bridge, I just really hope this isn't a new jinx team.

Chelsea always seem to do crap against the weaker sides - and Man U are a weak side now.

Like the time we lost 6 points v Crystal Palace when they finished rooted to the bottom of the table.
    Relegated mathematically in February, finished on 9 points with a goal difference of -75.
    6/9 points from Chelsea.

I can see Man U take 6 points from Chelsea for the next couple seasons at least.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Carpentry wrote: »
    Was hopping for bit of revenge, still might happen

I fcuking jinxed it :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

positives were reece james again showing he's class, gilmour also looked good, chelsea had 2 17 year olds and 2 18 year olds in the team
    pedro & alonso looks like they are on their way out, hopefully Emerson is ready soon .

Good 2nd half in fairness, as long as we keep winning in the league, I am actually dreading the united league game at the bridge, I really can see them becoming a bogey team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

not sure why everyone keeps repeating things about pedro out, he is great player, he should have been in start team yesterday, but frank didnt want us to win anyway so who cares anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

not sure why everyone keeps repeating things about pedro out, he is great player, he should have been in start team yesterday, but frank didnt want us to win anyway so who cares anymore.

:rolleyes: it's the carabao cup, he rotated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Its a young WIP team there are going to be good days and bad days, a top 4 finish at the end of the season still does for me.

James, Gilmor and Guehi put in decent shifts it was two experienced players who gave it to United, if Emerson is not fit we really should consider Dave on the left and James on the right Alonso needs to go.

It was a stick on peno and it was a foul for the goal the ref had no issue giving the big decisions to United how McTominay did not see red is beyond me a clear case of the ref bottling it. Outside of Pedro and Alonso playing for United, at times, they actually created very little so it was a poor result but parts of the performance were very good.

Its a young WIP team there are going to be good days and bad days, a top 4 finish at the end of the season still does for me.

James, Gilmor and Guehi put in decent shifts it was two experienced players who gave it to United, if Emerson is not fit we really should consider Dave on the left and James on the right Alonso needs to go.

It was a stick on peno and it was a foul for the goal the ref had no issue giving the big decisions to United how McTominay did not see red is beyond me a clear case of the ref bottling it. Outside of Pedro and Alonso playing for United, at times, they actually created very little so it was a poor result but parts of the performance were very good.

Didn't get to see the game, good to hear for Gimour and Guehi, even 5 apps each like that where they're playing with 50% first teamers is great experience at that age.

EISWYzKWwAEsVae?format=jpg&name=large

has to be rodgers no?

yes i voted for frank but just sayin :d

• Advertisement

so Pulisic finally gained Franks trust.

Superb pass from Jorginho. He is thriving under Frank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Love hearing Jorginho’s name being chanted by the crowd

He got some stick during the bad patch under Sarri, great to see him flourish now

Still early in the game, but Pulisic is getting MOTM

• Advertisement

That was plain stupid thing to do in the age of VAR...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Some contact by Jorginho but the ball was there to be won Delafeou won it and then when chance went he opted to feign injury and he was then rewarded for doing so!! Looking at that been given by lads who are actually studying tape you'd have to say there's no real deterrent for being a diving fraud does that even register in their thinking??

After penalty it was a plain sh!t show. Heads were gone.

Also stupid Frank's substitutions fourty seconds till the end??? Wtf.

Also stupid Frank's substitutions fourty seconds till the end??? Wtf.

Time saver

That header from Foster nearly gave me heart attack. Still shaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

We were brilliant for most of that game to be fair. I think we will comfortably get 3rd.

Time saver

Yeah awesome. Against the worst team in the league currently...

Yeah awesome. Against the worst team in the league currently...

Its not who you're playing, its to save 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Some contact by Jorginho but the ball was there to be won Delafeou won it and then when chance went he opted to feign injury and he was then rewarded for doing so!! Looking at that been given by lads who are actually studying tape you'd have to say there's no real deterrent for being a diving fraud does that even register in their thinking??
    Taught the same, yeah there was a bit of contact but not enough to impede the attacker and he only went down once the chance had gone.
    Definite dive, youd really have to wonder what qualifies a person to sit in the VAR room.

• Advertisement

Its not who you're playing, its to save 3 points.
    In 40 secs. Still awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Taught the same, yeah there was a bit of contact but not enough to impede the attacker and he only went down once the chance had gone.
    Definite dive, youd really have to wonder what qualifies a person to sit in the VAR room.

Yup surely the chaps studying the tape can easily see this is a guy clearly pretending to be injured making a meal of things in the hope of a penalty but that is seemingly irrelevant as they look to see how the incident can be perceived and have somehow found reason to overrule the ref despite it not being a clear misjudgment, from one angle it even looked like Jorginhos outstretched leg didn't make contact, thankfully it didn't impact the final result.

Enjoyed how we played today, we were comfortable all game so the nervy finish was tough to take really, we would've been out of sight only for Foster putting in a right shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lampard building something brilliant at Chelsea, really impressive how quick it's coming together.

In 40 secs. Still awesome.

Pretty much every manager in the world uses subs to waste time if they have 1 when a goal up

Pretty much every manager in the world uses subs to waste time if they have 1 when a goal up

Exactly it's manager 101 stuff

I'm just saying how bad were we if we got to depend on this rubbish..

If it's good enough for City, it's good enough for us. Otamendi on for Aguero at the start of added time, Ederson getting a yellow for timewasting

Everyone depends on it at times, it's just football

The only pity is Jorginho being suspended for the Palace game, at least he'll get a break before the internationals and should be free to play City

I was 90+5, sub took around a minute and the game still lasted 95 min, so it was a pure time saver.
    All in all it was a great game from us and very unlucky at the same time.
    I love this team and their manager. He knows what he's doing and he's getting full support. If I told you we would be 4th now, some laughs I'd be getting.
    Quality.
    Up the Chels

criticizing something that's not good does not mean you do not love the team.

• Advertisement

criticizing something that's not good does not mean you do not love the team.

But why are you criticizing them for something that literally every team from best to worst does.

It was the last couple of minutes, it was a good decision to do that then go balls to the wall and risk losing a second goal while Watford's tails were up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

rob316 wrote: »
    Lampard building something brilliant at Chelsea, really impressive how quick it's coming together.

I'll hold my hand up, I really didn't think it would gel so well and thought he'd be gone by Christmas. I still may be proven right, but I hope not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Start of the season I would have been happy with top 6 and youths getting game time.

Now I'm greedy and want to push for 2nd.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Be interesting to see what happens when Kante is back. I think Kovacic and Jorginho have been absolutely excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Kante, Rudi, RLC, Barkley. We'll just have to abandon the defence and play all the midfielders, sorry Rudi!

Be interesting to see what happens when Kante is back. I think Kovacic and Jorginho have been absolutely excellent.

We'll find out next week when Jorginho is suspended, and with internationals the week after it's not a headache we'll see for a couple weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Is Pulisic a nailed on starter for you lads now?

ballyargus wrote: »

You're asking for fantasy aren't you :pac:

Atm it seems so, that himself and Willian are the wingers

Kante coming back could see us move to a midfield 3 of Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic, with Mount more than likely becoming a winger, but it's hard to know what will happen

I wouldn't say nailed on, but fairly likely, a bit like Mahrez starting every game for City until the last few when I brought him in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭ballyargus

You're asking for fantasy aren't you :pac:

Atm it seems so, that himself and Willian are the wingers

Kante coming back could see us move to a midfield 3 of Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic, with Mount more than likely becoming a winger, but it's hard to know what will happen

I wouldn't say nailed on, but fairly likely, a bit like Mahrez starting every game for City until the last few when I brought him in

hole in one! I am interested though - I wanted him at Liverpool and got him into my FF team from the start of the season. He seemed to have some good moments but drifted. Recently, it appears as though he's beginning to fulfil some of the hype

ballyargus wrote: »

I wouldn't bank on him for fantasy myself, CHO will get games from him for sure.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement