Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Alonso was absolutely horrific last night. Should be very lucky to see the starting squad again for a while.

He's Ivanovic in the last season bad, no legs and the head thinks he's better than he is.

Wild game last night, should still be ok for qualification with 4 points anyway but tough games ahead. Mount out presumably for a few weeks, looked like a high ankle sprain, not ideal but with Kante back in the squad last night I would expect him to jump straight back in.

Curious to see will Frank go with Kante,Kova and Jorginho or will Barkley get game time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

hots wrote: »
    He's Ivanovic in the last season bad, no legs and the head thinks he's better than he is.

Yeah I'd shift him off in Jan if the ban is overturned - someone in Spain will pay 30mil for him.

I'd go all out for Chilwell but failing that I'd rather have Azpi as cover with James on the right. even if we brought back Nathan Ake as he can play there too.

Wild game last night, should still be ok for qualification with 4 points anyway but tough games ahead. Mount out presumably for a few weeks, looked like a high ankle sprain, not ideal but with Kante back in the squad last night I would expect him to jump straight back in.

Curious to see will Frank go with Kante,Kova and Jorginho or will Barkley get game time again.

Jorginho suspended for the weekend so surely Barkley will come in. Could also play Pulisic central and bring in CHO on the left.

Tomw86 wrote: »
    Yeah I'd shift him off in Jan if the ban is overturned - someone in Spain will pay 30mil for him.

I'd go all out for Chilwell but failing that I'd rather have Azpi as cover with James on the right. even if we brought back Nathan Ake as he can play there too.

Chilwell would be good, but I don't think there's a rush there, Emerson 1st choice and Dave backup is fine imo. Don't think Ake back would be a good thing, he wouldn't be an improvement on the 4cbs or not by much anyway.

• Advertisement

Chilwell would be good, but I don't think there's a rush there, Emerson 1st choice and Dave backup is fine imo. Don't think Ake back would be a good thing, he wouldn't be an improvement on the 4cbs or not by much anyway.

I think we'd need either another RB or LB if we let Alonso leave. We'd be an injury or suspension away from being left short in those positions.

Considering Emerson has had an injury this season and James is only back from a long term one, it would be too big of a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Jorginho suspended for the weekend so surely Barkley will come in. Could also play Pulisic central and bring in CHO on the left.

Would prefer Pulisic and CHO myself. CHO needs a bit of game time his last few games have been poor enough - he was very bad against United.

If we have Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic against Valencia and a fit Rudi we should be OK in Spain as well in the next round of ties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Kante will play hence why kovacic came off last night, should be them 2 with barkley/ pulicic in front depending on how mount is

Even if Mount is fit he is looking a little tired, faded a bit last night before being injured, so maybe a rest would do him some good. That said it is the league we need to concentrate on clearly we are not going to win the CL and we do need top 4 that being said beating the likes of Palace is a must as we have City away after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Carpentry wrote: »
    You think Ajax will play Valencia for a draw ?
    Even if Ajax beat valencia (which is likely) Chelsea and Valencia can end up on 10 points, and Valencia win on h2h...

• Advertisement

At least we are away to Valencia which gives us an advantage - we need something there as Ajax will beat Lille.

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Even if Ajax beat valencia (which is likely) Chelsea and Valencia can end up on 10 points, and Valencia win on h2h...

Yea back to the Thursday night league :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Basically avoid defeat in Valencia and we should be ok ... but it was so bittersweet last night, after an amazing match and comeback to have that little mathematical thing niggle at me.

Bloody valencia at the bridge, knew it would come back and kick us in the ballacks..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Alonso was absolutely horrific last night. Should be very lucky to see the starting squad again for a while.

He's been good, even for his standards, when Emerson has been injured Whereas Ivanovic was like dave is this season, a slow yet steady slope of decline

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

duploelabs wrote: »
    He's been good, even for his standards, when Emerson has been injured Whereas Ivanovic was like dave is this season, a slow yet steady slope of decline

There's no denying he's had his streak the last few games. But last night showed how poor he is against quality opposition with a half decent press. I just dont understand how we can rip in such good shots and then fire crosses over to Wembley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

duploelabs wrote: »
    Willian captain???

Well, at 31 he's 'the old man' of the team.

Chelsea's youngest ever starting XI in the Premier League apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

hard to watch..

• Advertisement

also strange to see cahil on the other side :d..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

A chelsea striker with 10 premier league goal. Strange

tammy and vardy on top, strange indeed lol

back to winning ways at stamford.. :pac:

how awesome is this :)

2019-11-09T142803Z_1660054415_RC2Q7D9SC7LA_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-CHE-CRY-REPORT.JPG?width=675&height=380

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's mad how well despite our transfer ban, Hazard leaving, and Sarri being poached - we're in a damn good place

Without the transfer ban, we could have ended up with Nicolas Pepe, he ain't lived up to his pricetag at all at Arsenal

While Lampard says he was always going to give kids a chance, in reality we'd be seeing Mount on for a couple cameo mins for Coutinho (or insert other 80m player) instead of Gilmour coming on today

Arsenal, Spurs and United all in a shambles, it's been an amazing season so far

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50284276

read this the other day and thought how interesting to read a positive article on chelsea, we were usually on the cross but times are changing? (dont wanna jinx it :d)

so funny remarks on sarri and all that jazz

comments are full of chrlsea haters but oh well.. nothing new under the sun :d )))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Lavinia wrote: »
    comments are full of chrlsea haters but oh well.. nothing new under the sun :d )))

Uber for Lavinia

• Advertisement

I was going to say that was established some time ago, but the article states it was 2009 he had an IQ test done at the club. Surprised Cech doesnt feature as i believe he speaks 5 or 6 languages fluently.

yeah i didn't know this so was kind of shocked and also in disbelief if I may be honest
    surely it is not a MENSA testing he undertook lol
    but interesting anyways

his interview for sky sports from few days ago

yeah i didn't know this so was kind of shocked and also in disbelief if I may be honest
    surely it is not a MENSA testing he undertook lol
    but interesting anyways

Most sports professionals would undergo some sort of IQ test, whether it be Wonderlic, Mensa or an alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Zola.jpg?w=940

On SoccerAM now....

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »

The fact that Barkley was ever in the discussion was silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Jose Confirmed as spurs boss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Jose Confirmed as spurs boss

No more paddy power ads so..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

No more paddy power ads so..

I wonder how many hundreds of millions Levy will give him to overhaul the squad.

• Advertisement

Ah he has been slipping down the totum pole since he reached the pinacle at the Bridge over the past few years Chelsea >United>Spurs I am sure he will settle in nicely at West Ham in a year or two before the Portugal job and retirement :eek::D.

Dont see him as a threat good manager but dated. Hopefully he will stop Spurs being a team that just kicks players off the pitch, that in fairness has never been his game.

Jose & Spurs... seems like an awful match unless Levy is about to have a huge financial change of heart. The spurs squad does kind of lend itself to a jose team though, decent strength and depth at the back, Kane is a big lump up front, couple of potential workhorses in Ndombele (haven't heard much of him?) and Sissoko... Maybe he can kick Dele Alli back into shape? I can't imagine Eriksen will be hanging around for Jose ball. Son prabably suits jose well too.

Spurs fans are going to have to grin and bear it a bit, we loved Jose the first time because he was a winner and played dominant ball, after that he's been liked/tolerated at best playing poor football but getting trophies.... This season is a write off so you've got a year and a bit of poor football and no trophies to endure at the very least. Next summer should be very interesting too. Might take a look at Gazzaniga for fantasy football most importantly.

Gazzaniga had crossed my mind as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

People were asking me has Jose gone down again in my estimations for taking the Spurs job.

I'm enjoying Spurs fans squirm at the thoughts right now,why would he go down in my estimations right now? :pac:

For most Chelsea fans the relationship became fragile that day at Swansea, before then he could do no wrong, sleeping with the enemies just doesn't have the same impact when the faith had long gone.

People were asking me has Jose gone down again in my estimations for taking the Spurs job.

I'm enjoying Spurs fans squirm at the thoughts right now,why would he go down in my estimations right now? :pac:

For most Chelsea fans the relationship became fragile that day at Swansea, before then he could do no wrong, sleeping with the enemies just doesn't have the same impact when the faith had long gone.

Yeah I'm watching on with morbid curiosity, I still have a soft spot for him but I don't think he's good for spurs beyond maybe finally giving them a trophy to round out this purple patch for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

I don't care what goes on at Tottenham, but I don't wish Jose any malice either. He served us well and gave us many many great moments, so good luck to him.

Final word on this for me. Mourinho is a professional and has a right to earn money wherever he wants.

As a Chelsea fan I have a right to dislike him depending upon his actions and generally speaking going to Spurs crosses a line has done ever since Durie left Chelsea as he wanted to move North to be closer to his family in Glasgow in 1991. Same goes for Poyet and Cudicini.

Still onwards and upwards tough game on Saturday not sure if I am looking forward to it or dreading it, last season's 6-0 is still very raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Final word on this for me. Mourinho is a professional and has a right to earn money wherever he wants.

As a Chelsea fan I have a right to dislike him depending upon his actions and generally speaking going to Spurs crosses a line has done ever since Durie left Chelsea as he wanted to move North to be closer to his family in Glasgow in 1991. Same goes for Poyet and Cudicini.

Still onwards and upwards tough game on Saturday not sure if I am looking forward to it or dreading it, last season's 6-0 is still very raw.

City is a big game. They'll need an emphatic win after their recent bad run of form. Big test for this young Chelsea team and if we can get out of there with anything it will be great.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement