Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Chelsea fans absolutely rocking this stadium :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Was late getting home, saw Chelsea were leading 1-0, got the telly on and see Mahrez score to go 2-1 up.

f*ck off!

Never thought I'd say this but I hope Liverpool win the league this year...

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Never thought I'd say this but I hope Liverpool win the league this year...

:eek::eek::eek:

Carpentry wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:
    They seserve it ...

They seserve it ...

who cares

whatever happens, so proud of the lads, never giving up ... keep going, this reminds me of the liverpool loss... the lads keep playing , never give up ... perfect attitude ... great character

• Advertisement

football would make you sick sometimes, totally undeserved...

whatever happens, so proud of the lads, never giving up ... keep going, this reminds me of the liverpool loss... the lads keep playing , never give up ... perfect attitude ... great character
    I understand, but I just wouldnt support other team to win whatever cup or leahue, maybe its just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

Good performance by the lads today despite the loss.

Willian now looks incredible in the team. The boys need to work on their touches.

I still dont rate Jorginho. A strong midfield have always been Chelsea's strength

We need a new goalkeeper, Kepa is too loose. I cant remember the last time he made a great save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭peter4918

shrewd wrote: »

We need a new goalkeeper, Kepa is too loose. I cant remember the last time he made a great save.

A few weeks ago against Watford (Nov 2nd) made a great save to keep out Ben Foster in the last few seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not too down about the result today, still making good progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Tammy did nothing in this game, three steps to left two to right, should have been replaced mush earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Johner wrote: »
    Not too down about the result today, still making good progress.

Yeah, I think it's just the reality of where Chelsea are at. Showed we are maybe only 3 or 4 players away from genuinely challenging again.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Lavinia wrote: »
    Tammy did nothing in this game, three steps to left two to right, should have been replaced mush earlier

I don't agree, anytime to ball go up to him he held it up well, made a great chance for Willian, bats was offside 4 times from kicks outs from the goalkeeper, criminal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »
    I don't agree, anytime to ball go up to him he held it up well, made a great chance for Willian, bats was offside 4 times from kicks outs from the goalkeeper, criminal

Exactly, Tammy is often quiet until he scores, but at least he participates, Batshuayi didn't make a contribution. Full back and competition up front are our biggest needs for investment imo, preferably someone of a completely different style to Tammy too.

In fairness to City they were the better team after we scored, and unusually it was because they were extremely organised in defense and not particularly flashy going forward. Reassuring to know we're not that far off of their pace, although they're not playing in 5th gear right now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

shrewd wrote: »
    Good performance by the lads today despite the loss.

Willian now looks incredible in the team. The boys need to work on their touches.

I still dont rate Jorginho. A strong midfield have always been Chelsea's strength

No and No - reminds me of DDG when he first arrived. Shakey but there is a brilliant keeper in there.

He is young and still learning. Won us the 3 points against Watford, made some excellent sides against Ajax in both games and there was another one against City where he touched it over the bar - he will learn and I believe he will be excellent.

Tammy was afraid to go for goals and Frank should better look into this the sooner the better, as not the first time he "played" this way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Tammy was afraid to go for goals and Frank should better look into this the sooner the better, as not the first time he "played" this way

What are you on about?

The lad has been much better than our options in recent years, and it's no coincidence our attacks went to nothing with Batshuayi up front unable to hold the ball up and constantly getting caught offside

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Didnt see Kepa as being at fault for either of Cities goals, of course there was the brainfart which nearly presented Aguero a 3rd.

But that is clearly how Lamps wants us to play, pass from the back out. We will make mistakes and as it is so high up the pitch that will lead to goals but that is not going to change I think. Does give the heart a bit of an issue though.

Either way the performace was night and day better than last seasons shambles there, the progress is clear for all to see. City really are an excellent side though they just closed us down in the second half, but that said we gifted them thier goals and overall a draw perhaps would have been a fair result.

Emerson I think is a good back up LB but we need a top flight one for the starting berth. James I think is good to go, on Wednesday I would be tempted to play Dave LB and James RB and that would go for all big games. Run of the mill stuff then James or Dave and Emerson.

What are you on about?

The lad has been much better than our options in recent years, and it's no coincidence our attacks went to nothing with Batshuayi up front unable to hold the ball up and constantly getting caught offside
    I didn't compare him to Higuain that's for sure :d
    just thought he is capable for more than what he showed before he was taken off the pitch

anyway, all my fingers crossed for tonight.. will have to listen to first half while driving back form work which s*cks lol hope to get to second half home..

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

I didn't compare him to Higuain that's for sure :d
    just thought he is capable for more than what he showed before he was taken off the pitch

anyway, all my fingers crossed for tonight.. will have to listen to first half while driving back form work which s*cks lol hope to get to second half home..

Because he didn't score? His hold up and distribution was class. If anything it was the finishing of other players that let us down. He gave Willian a great opportunity.

Because he didn't score? His hold up and distribution was class. If anything it was the finishing of other players that let us down. He gave Willian a great opportunity.

I fully agree there, it's no coincidence that in the last 20 mins with Michy we done the square root of fcuk all

Batshuayi has got a couple important goals but City away isn't the place for him

Tammy's run also helped with the Kante goal as well, he's our best striker since the 2 title winning seasons Costa had

Happy with 1st half despite loosing a stupid goal. Hope Tammy is ok. Cilessen is still class goalkeeper.

Kepa has been awful so far. Think we’ve played well in parts but looked dodgy at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Happy with 1st half despite loosing a stupid goal. Hope Tammy is ok. Cilessen is still class goalkeeper.

Taken out of the stadium in a stretcher

duploelabs wrote: »
    Taken out of the stadium in a stretcher

Fooook

• Advertisement

We are struggling big time last few minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

What happens if Valencia win next week? Are we out? Should already be out tbh, they could have buried us tonight if they took there chances.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    What happens if Valencia win next week? Are we out? Should already be out tbh, they could have buried us tonight if they took there chances.

No if we beat Lille and Valencia win Ajax will be out assuming they win tonight.

Valencia 11
    Chelsea 11
    Ajax 10

Another game of missed opportunities

phobia2011 wrote: »

We win next time out we're through no matter what since Ajax and Valencia playing each other means someone will drop points

I’d nearly prefer another crack at a Europa League. Team isn’t ready to go deep in the Champions League although I suppose if Spurs can get to a final anything can happen. :pac:

Ajax up after 2 minutes, come on Lillies

I’d nearly prefer another crack at a Europa League. Team isn’t ready to go deep in the Champions League although I suppose if Spurs can get to a final anything can happen. :pac:

Winning another EL wouldnt be too bad

Gway with this Europa League bollix

We've won it twice in 6 years, it's grand but it's not the holy grail

If Spurs can make a CL final then there's no reason we can't

What's the point in bursting your balls every year to come min 4th to then quit when the CL starts looking tough

If anyone says they'd rather be out of the CL so we can focus on the league i'll have a hemorrhage

• Advertisement

Gway with this Europa League bollix

We've won it twice in 6 years, it's grand but it's not the holy grail

If Spurs can make a CL final then there's no reason we can't

What's the point in bursting your balls every year to come min 4th to then quit when the CL starts looking tough

If anyone says they'd rather be out of the CL so we can focus on the league i'll have a hemorrhage

Its not Id rather be out of CL, its Id rather win EL if we cant stay on winning CL route

that was nuts

get out

Its not Id rather be out of CL, its Id rather win EL if we cant stay on winning CL route

Bit of a moot point in fairness

I won't be entertaining the thoughts of the EL unless we were to finish 3rd in the group

I'd also prefer us to go out in the last 16 of the CL than to win the EL

It will be 6 years now since we made it past the CL last 16, and even then it was only 2/5 times we saw the last 16 at all with Jose throwing it away against 10 man PSG on one of those

Bit of a moot point in fairness

I won't be entertaining the thoughts of the EL unless we were to finish 3rd in the group

I'd also prefer us to go out in the last 16 of the CL than to win the EL

It will be 6 years now since we made it past the CL last 16, and even then it was only 2/5 times we saw the last 16 at all with Jose throwing it away against 10 man PSG on one of those

100% but just lets take it as it comes. Once CL loosers are EL Champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Bit of a mad game last night, Jekyll and Hyde from Kepa, Cillessen with a serious save too. Our defence was very very wobbly, Valencia missed 2 of the easiest chances ever. James played well but was totally gassed at 70.

I reckon we'll struggle without Tammy if he misses for a while.

• Advertisement

i like that for the first time frank said he was happy with the result but not happy with the performance, way too open at the back and kovacic is a project of his

If we can't beat Lille at home we don't deserve to be in the last 16

They have nothing to play for, and ain't doing great in Ligue 1 being 10th atm so hopefully they don't put up too much of a fight

The main reason I wish we saw the game out last night is I'll be in the middle of final year exams for the final game but time will have to found

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Not totally making excuses but Christensen and Zouma wouldn't be our first choice CB pairing IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

That was great fun to watch.

Batshuayi should be moved on at this point. Not ever likely to be at the races.
    Giroud would have been a better option last night I reckon.

I agree about Giroud.

We brought this on oureselves after fcuking up home game against Valencia.

Now we can only count on Ajax. Sad truth is they don't even need to win, but Valencia in the other hand...

We need to bag as many goals as possible in case it will come down to goal diff.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement