Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

We’re actually in a worse place points wise to last season

But there’s no way we’d have won that game last year with Sarri

Barkley would have came on for Kovacic at 60, and Pedro for Willian at 70 and thats all that would have changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

We’re actually in a worse place points wise to last season

But there’s no way we’d have won that game last year with Sarri

Barkley would have came on for Kovacic at 60, and Pedro for Willian at 70 and thats all that would have changed

Yup, the system is still all over the place but it's good to be back with a manager willing to plan for a game and change. Loads of holes though, lucky to get the points yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Great to see Pulisic back.

Hope Lamptey gets a decent run out. Liked what I saw on his debut.

We’re gonna kick ourselves for letting Spurs and United back into the top 4 race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Come on arsenal as we may have gained a point this weekend

I'll still look at it as 2 points dropped, over the course of the season you have to be beating the likes of Brighton, there's already too many the likes of x we should have beaten this season that we haven't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Half-way through the season and we are top four. I would have taken that at the start of the season, but we are still very much a work in progress. I think RLC will make a big difference when fully fit but we need to find consistency and home form to finish top four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

bullpost wrote: »
    Half-way through the season and we are top four. I would have taken that at the start of the season, but we are still very much a work in progress. I think RLC will make a big difference when fully fit but we need to find consistency and home form to finish top four.

so this is the new year? I don't feel any different...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

so this is the new year? I don't feel any different...

I do :)

I forgot that Barkley is still our player

Carpentry wrote: »
    I forgot that Barkley is still our player

And he can score goals :)

But other that that, did nothing. Bats was very poor, 3 great crosses he should have scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

That cup kit is bloody class!

peteeeed wrote: »
    But other that that, did nothing. Bats was very poor, 3 great crosses he should have scored

I was being sarcastic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Hull away in the FA CUP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

davycc wrote: »
    Spurs fans are class!! Give yourself a big pat on the back.

davycc wrote: »

No witnesses in the spurs end came forward, funny that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

greenspurs wrote: »

As was suspected.

Met Police find no racism occurred, except in the away end.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51012632

Lip readers, and the most extensive CCTV set up in any stadium in England.
    Nothing found.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

the good won out in the end 0-2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Spurs should take any CCTV cameras out of the unused trophy broom cupboard and put them where there would be of use.

So the media's darling club escapes once again no surprise or shock there

Spurs should take any CCTV cameras out of the unused trophy broom cupboard and put them where there would be of use.

So the media's darling club escapes once again no surprise or shock there

So Spurs are the police's darling club also then ??
    Talk sense kid will ya.

• Advertisement

We fully support Antonio Rudiger with the action that he took - however there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation and as such neither ourselves nor the police are in a position to take any further action. Met police

They needed witnesses to come forward

Spurs CCTV man looking at the incident

tenor.gif

We fully support Antonio Rudiger with the action that he took - however there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation and as such neither ourselves nor the police are in a position to take any further action. Met police

They needed witnesses to come forward

Indeed and that is the main problem.

Chelsea supporters report the guy who abused Son and Chelsea take action.
    https://talksport.com/football/647185/chelsea-fan-arrested-alleged-racist-abuse-tottenham-son/

But Spurs supporters do what Spurs supporters do and a racist gets away scott free. Having lived in West London for many years this does not surprise at all.

Indeed and that is the main problem.

Chelsea supporters report the guy who abused Son and Chelsea take action.
    https://talksport.com/football/647185/chelsea-fan-arrested-alleged-racist-abuse-tottenham-son/

But Spurs supporters do what Spurs supporters do and a racist gets away scott free. Having lived in West London for many years this does not surprise at all.

Sorry, but your clubs record shows which club has the racist convictions.
    Anyway, its good to know its not Spurs.

So one club does something about it and one buries it head in the sand.

Sound argument :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Never is ��

4336 - Days since a trophy.

10,461 - Days since an FA Cup win.

21,449 - Days since a league title.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This complete non sequitur. This one right here. The biggest problem in football.

Any decent fans would put their hands up and say yeah there were racist comments/chants/songs/whatever and we as a fanbase are not represented by this, do not approve of it and want the perpetrators found and banned from our matches. You know, the way Chelsea fans react to racism coming from people wearing Chelsea colours but who I could not refer to as fans.

Not this despicable nothing-to-see-here denial. Your club has a problem with racism, get rid of it and stop perpetuating the problem with this sort of idiotic deflection.

Never is ��

4336 - Days since a trophy.

10,461 - Days since an FA Cup win.

21,449 - Days since a league title.

13,026 - Days since a European trophy win

May as well round it off

Credit where it is due the Chelsea marketing team are doing some splendid work on YouTube these days

I wouldnt be a great fan of the Daily Mail for sure but this is an interesting piece

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7861133/Players-think-harder-reporting-racial-abuse-Antonio-Rudiger-affair.html

Which is sort of a follow on piece from

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7851947/So-Antonio-Rudiger-did-Reality-victims-ending-dock.html

the paragraph reading (from the first piece)

It is still not clear why the police did not speak to one Spurs supporter who went public about hearing the monkey noises that Rudiger had referred to. The man, who supports the club home and away, left a message with the club reporting what he had heard but he was not contacted by the club or by the police.

is the most worrying, more so since this seems to have been confirmed by the line

I presume they have spoken to the fan who wrote on Twitter: 'Why are some Spurs fans saying the racist abuse didn't happen yesterday and that it's not our club? I was in block 251 & I heard monkey chants. Didn't see who it was but I heard it clear as day! It's disgusting and whoever it was needs banning!'

It is quite amazing the reaction to Rudiger in this and the Neanderthal comments in the Daily Mails comments section, it is really a sad reflection on society.

Says a lot about a club if they're willing to brush this under the carpet.

I wouldnt be a great fan of the Daily Mail for sure but this is an interesting piece

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7861133/Players-think-harder-reporting-racial-abuse-Antonio-Rudiger-affair.html

Which is sort of a follow on piece from

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7851947/So-Antonio-Rudiger-did-Reality-victims-ending-dock.html

the paragraph reading (from the first piece)

It is still not clear why the police did not speak to one Spurs supporter who went public about hearing the monkey noises that Rudiger had referred to. The man, who supports the club home and away, left a message with the club reporting what he had heard but he was not contacted by the club or by the police.

is the most worrying, more so since this seems to have been confirmed by the line

I presume they have spoken to the fan who wrote on Twitter: 'Why are some Spurs fans saying the racist abuse didn't happen yesterday and that it's not our club? I was in block 251 & I heard monkey chants. Didn't see who it was but I heard it clear as day! It's disgusting and whoever it was needs banning!'

It is quite amazing the reaction to Rudiger in this and the Neanderthal comments in the Daily Mails comments section, it is really a sad reflection on society.

I was very surprised at the Spurs fans reactions, especially here on boards, straight to blaming Rudiger and reveling in nothing coming from it.

We have plenty of problems as a club but at least we are making progress and addressing them, the Spurs game being the best example. Fans policing themselves with the support of the club to enforce it, perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

I'm all for a bit of Spurs bashing, but there's no way they wouldn't have spoken to this person. The article confirms the person heard the chants, but couldn't point out who it was. At no time does the club say it didn't happen, simply that they can't identify it occurring. On this basis, how can they proceed other than hope that someone steps forward?

I'm all for a bit of Spurs bashing, but there's no way they wouldn't have spoken to this person. The article confirms the person heard the chants, but couldn't point out who it was. At no time does the club say it didn't happen, simply that they can't identify it occurring. On this basis, how can they proceed other than hope that someone steps forward?
    The club didn't say outright it didn't happen but it did give a certain section of there fanbase the impetus to turn it back onto rudiger.
    The sad truth is that if players dont get the support they need they will become less and less likely to highlight it.
    Burying your head in the sand is what has been done for years at this stage and to really clean it out we cant let the new protocols become little more than lip service.

• Advertisement

From the Burnley press conf
    No word on signings
    Giroud is on his way out
    Pulisic is out for a few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

From the Burnley press conf
    No word on signings
    Giroud is on his way out

Is that written in Haiku?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Is that written in Haiku?

Yes

Good chance for CHO to find some form, I hope we see him and Willian as the wingers, hopefully not Mount shoehorned in out wide to accommodate Kante Jorginho Kovacic, or god forbid even Pedro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

August 31st 2019

That's the last time we had a first half lead at Stamford Bridge in The Premier league. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Missed it today but good to see a somewhat comfortable win at home. Match of the day now.

Was in the Shed End for the game. Found it a bit quiet until we scored, disappointing to see.

Was in the Shed End for the game. Found it a bit quiet until we scored, disappointing to see.

Yeah it was one of the quietest games I've been at, probably because it was unusually comfortable and there were a very small number of Burnley fans there. Was West upper for the first time since I was a kid, grand for going with someone who wants to sit for the full match but next time I'll be back Shed Lower or MH.

• Advertisement

Anyone not using their membership for Spurs or Bayern? Looking for an extra ticket.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement