Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Wall/Table

Options
  • 13-01-2018 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

So the kids got some of that Mayka Tape stuff for Christmas and absolutely love it! I'm thinking of now going to the next level and converting one of their tables to being studded or else maybe even part of a wall of the playroom. I've seen lots of videos online of people glueing etc. My question is, has anyone on here done that and do you have any tips?

I saw "Brik Tile" online but seems to only be available in USA....
    There are lots of unbranded ones on Amazon UK, many with large numbers of positive reviews. Anyone on here got experience with any of those? I'd prefer not go mad spending, but equally I don't want the plates to be so substandard that models don't stick to them properly.
    If anyone has done this how did you approach it?

The table is only a cheap Ikea one so my initial thought was going to be to buy this 6-pack and just glue them down?

Thanks in advance for any tips! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

g0g wrote: »
    So the kids got some of that Mayka Tape stuff for Christmas and absolutely love it! I'm thinking of now going to the next level and converting one of their tables to being studded or else maybe even part of a wall of the playroom. I've seen lots of videos online of people glueing etc. My question is, has anyone on here done that and do you have any tips?

I saw "Brik Tile" online but seems to only be available in USA....
    There are lots of unbranded ones on Amazon UK, many with large numbers of positive reviews. Anyone on here got experience with any of those? I'd prefer not go mad spending, but equally I don't want the plates to be so substandard that models don't stick to them properly.
    If anyone has done this how did you approach it?

The table is only a cheap Ikea one so my initial thought was going to be to buy this 6-pack and just glue them down?

Thanks in advance for any tips! :)

I got base plates in Smyth's recently for less.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

We’ve got a “Lego mini figure wall” in our house. We used grey Lego base plates glued and double side sticky taped to the wall. Then used white plates on the base plate. I don’t really have a photo on the phone here but you will get the idea from the video on my instagram below. It works well.

I also glued some base plates to the top of ikea units for the kids (and myself ) you will see them in my photos on there. I’m (attempting) to build my own version of the echo base from empire strikes back on top of one. Though the photos on there of it are older and I’ve expanded it more.

https://instagram.com/p/BZKRgAiHD36/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

I got base plates in Smyth's recently for less.
    Hadn't thought of checking local - was it these ones? Do bricks stick to them close to as well as normal Lego baseplates?
    We’ve got a “Lego mini figure wall” in our house. We used grey Lego base plates glued and double side sticky taped to the wall. Then used white plates on the base plate. I don’t really have a photo on the phone here but you will get the idea from the video on my instagram below. It works well.

I also glued some base plates to the top of ikea units for the kids (and myself ) you will see them in my photos on there. I’m (attempting) to build my own version of the echo base from empire strikes back on top of one. Though the photos on there of it are older and I’ve expanded it more.

https://instagram.com/p/BZKRgAiHD36/
    Wow, love the wall setup you have! Base setup looks cool! Did you use original Lego plates?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Hi, yeh its all original lego and minifigs including the base plates. cost a few quid but did it gradually over two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I've used gorilla glue to glue donated baseplates to a notice board in work (library) worked a treat.
    Only thing is they're different colours.

img_5077

It's gets a lot of play and so far it's holding up well.

IMG_5101.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement