Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment of wages into German Bank account

• 13-01-2018 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for advice please, my employer states that they will only transfer wages to an irish bank account. I wish to have my wages transferred to my German bank account. I thought this was possible since SEPA rules were enforced?

Is it possible for an Employer to force payment of wages to an irish bank account?

I'm an irish citizen working for an Irish Employer.

It does seem discriminatory given we are all part of EU.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

Legally they have to do it. I recommend looking through the n26 thread, lots of details in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭timc1

TempAc wrote: »
    Legally they have to do it. I recommend looking through the n26 thread, lots of details in there.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭timc1

Looks like it is indeed illegal for an Employer to stipulate they can only pay to an Irish bank account, good to know. Article 3 and 9 is where to look if of interest

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2012:094:0022:0037:en:PDF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Do it in writing to them and ask that its done from next pay day and give them the IBAN details etc for your new account should be no difference to them

Advertisement