Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to PAYG

Options
  • 13-01-2018 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

I am currently on the standard electricity plan and i am thinking about switching to PAYG system, is there a switching fee or do i need to pay for the new meter to be installed?

Also just wondering when i pay my bill in a shop/post office does this show online as it is still currently showing as owed, will this only change when next bill is issued?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi Whollywoo,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Existing Electric Ireland customers do not need to pay for a PAYG system to to be installed in their property. For further information regarding having a PAYG meter installed in our property, we would recommend calling the Electric Ireland PAYG Sales team on 1850 305 095. as they would be in the best position to assist you further.

They are available to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturday.

Regarding your other query, a payment made online, in a shop, or post office, can take up to three business days to appear on the account. If you would like us to confirm if the payment has been received, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your Electric Ireland account number
    • Your address
    • Your date of birth or telephone number
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)
    We can then look into confirming this for you.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

Advertisement