Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S9/9+

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dunne_bkill

Any ideas where to get plastic screen protector s for s9+ in Dublin? All I can find is glass.

Ebay is your best bet IMO. You should get one delivered from Ireland no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ebay is your best bet IMO. You should get one delivered from Ireland no problem.

Amazon have one or two that deliver to Ireland id get them on Friday if order now.

Was looking at this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Protector-Hephaestus-Anti-Scratch-Bubble-Free-Installation/dp/B07C55FQKG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I bought the Spigen Neo Flex

https://www.spigen.com/products/galaxy-s9-screen-protector-neo-flex

It's great - no loss of sensitivity and as you apply it with liquid, there are no bubbles. It also allows you to align it perfectly before it starts to stick. There is a small amount of screen that's not covered, and the feel of it is very different to the screen - your finger won't glide as easily across it as without it, which will take a little getting used.

You get 2 of them in the pack, though I'm still on my first after 4 months and it's showing no signs of peeling off or anything

Have the one I mentioned in my post above coming tomorrow so see how it turns out!

One glass ones I bought with thr phone came off in my bed last night!

**** load good that tenner got me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Have the one I mentioned in my post above coming tomorrow so see how it turns out!

One glass ones I bought with thr phone came off in my bed last night!

**** load good that tenner got me!

Let us know how it goes.

I picked up the S9+ on Wednesday and I'm really impressed. Coming from 8 years of Apple I have really been missing out, such a poor deal comparatively.

I've disliked the Apple experience for the past 3 years but was loathe to spend more money!

Let us know how it goes.

I picked up the S9+ on Wednesday and I'm really impressed. Coming from 8 years of Apple I have really been missing out, such a poor deal comparatively.

I've disliked the Apple experience for the past 3 years but was loathe to spend more money!

It comes as a two pack and a video to show how its setup. I messed setup 3 or 4 can't remember which first time round you need to be careful with the top piece that covers the front speaker as well as the plastic can get a little bent and collect dust when your lifting the tab.

I got the hang of it all and got the second cover on perfect and so far looks great!

You can feel its not as smooth as normal screen but nothing awful I'm sure it will adapt more with time.

You need to also watch the edges they raise a tiny amount but nothing major u can just smooth thrm over.

For anyone who has the neo hybrid spigen case is it just me or does yours feel bit loose on the sides around where buttons are?

Only really noticed today now I can't ignore it ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

For anyone who has the neo hybrid spigen case is it just me or does yours feel bit loose on the sides around where buttons are?

Only really noticed today now I can't ignore it ha.

Nope mine isn't.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Nope mine isn't.

It's like the right side Is clicking back and forth slightly as if it's not tight enough fit.

Ha typical I sort the screen protector now case giving issues.

Weird it seemed fine yesterday when got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Considering a change from Apple. Is this still the best android flagship all in all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Hi all

Having a problem with my s9 the last few days, every time I go to make a call in getting "not registered on network" error. It seems to be intermittent.

I've tried fitting a new SIM card, reset network settings and last night did a full phone reset but still having the issue.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Considering a change from Apple. Is this still the best android flagship all in all?

Coming from Apple I'd get the P20 Pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Patww79 wrote: »

Or possible wait for the next Mate coming in autumn?

ForestFire wrote: »
    Or possible wait for the next Mate coming in autumn?

I got the Mate 10 Pro for my Mrs off Amazon a few days ago. I'm seriously impressed. The battery life is amazing, she must have easily got 7 or 8 hours SOT in her first full day.

Cheap as chips at a bit over €400 as well.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I got the Mate 10 Pro for my Mrs off Amazon a few days ago. I'm seriously impressed. The battery life is amazing, she must have easily got 7 or 8 hours SOT in her first full day.

Cheap as chips at a bit over €400 as well.

That's a savage price for one of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Patww79 wrote: »

Might I ask why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

The mate 10 is a great price for "just about" this year processing tech (I have a p20 Pro myself), so if your happy with this, then it is a steal.

If you want the best available on the market, future proofed and money to burn, then the next mate and with the next kirin processor might be worth the wait.

I think people suggesting the Huawei here because it's claimed EMUI is similar to ois...... And there is also a notch.

Yep it was the similarity to iOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

Has anyone ordered the S9 from amazon.es if so how long did it take to dispatch and deliver? I ordered on the 29th July but still hasn't dispatched

• Advertisement

If it's the same seller I was looking at they weren't available before the 6th I think it was.

I bouught off trade in tech in town for cheaper in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭dubal

If it's the same seller I was looking at they weren't available before the 6th I think it was.

I ordered mine off Amazon.fr last week, slow to despatch but I had it the same week, think it was 4 days in total, s9+ €670 delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I assume the ones that are sold in trade in tech come with the European charger not UK\Ireland?

They're Irish or UK phones.

They're Irish or UK phones.

Are they dual SIM?

The dual SIM models are yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/samsung-galaxy-s9-plus-g965fd-sim-free-unlocked-4g-256gb-coral-blue.html#qna

Are these a good price? I can't see anywhere that it says new or refurbished.

kevez wrote: »

The cheapest i found was the link i posted. It's a 256gb version Duos.

It was 693 euro but has gone up since and free delivery so i went for it.

Is there any concerns about buying foreign phones regarding our network features working ok IE wifi calling on Eir or if Vodafone release WiFi calling etc? Anyone on Eir bought one and wifi calling working ok?

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Is there any concerns about buying foreign phones regarding our network features working ok IE wifi calling on Eir or if Vodafone release WiFi calling etc? Anyone on Eir bought one and wifi calling working ok?

You'd have to flash the relevant firmware, but you *might* have an issue flashing an Eir firmware with WiFi calling on a dual SIM model of S9 if Eir themselves only have a single SIM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Further to the above, if I were to buy an 'Italian version' S9+ is there anything to be aware of in terms of it functioning differently to a local one or is it just a case of changing the language at setup time?

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Further to the above, if I were to buy an 'Italian version' S9+ is there anything to be aware of in terms of it functioning differently to a local one or is it just a case of changing the language at setup time?

I bought the Italian version,just select English on set up and no difference from then on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Anyone have issues when opening a location pin that you received in messenger ... It opens in google maps but wont give directions as it cant find my location... If i take the detail and open the google maps app seperatly it does find my current location...

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »

As a phone it will work perfectly on all bands if it's an F model. Only issue there might be if you want to use wifi calling features etc ( even though Voda haven't released it yet but eir has it). I hear there may be problems flashing the correct network CSC on series 9 phones.

Decided to Stick with the Spigen Neo Hybrid case but still kinda annoying that it's bit loose on right hand side. What it's actually done has slightly brought up one or two bits of my plastic screen protector cause of the clicking up and down of the case.

Wonder would another spigen case do the same?

Noticed the material on the back of the case is smudged slightly from being in my pocket to. Took months of use for this to happen with there older models but again its nothing major just slight annoyance depending how picky you are ha!

You buy on Amazon?
    Get a replacement, mine is 100% .

You buy on Amazon?
    Get a replacement, mine is 100% .

Ya I got it on there. I have it since first of August now and there's slight smudge mark on back now would they still take it?

The main issue has been there since start remember mentioning it on here.

Ya I got it on there. I have it since first of August now and there's slight smudge mark on back now would they still take it?

The main issue has been there since start remember mentioning it on here.

I'd ask on chat,just tell them issue about it not fitting correctly ,no harm asking.

I'd ask on chat,just tell them issue about it not fitting correctly ,no harm asking.

Returning it and getting a refund.

Wonder should I reorder the same one? Be **** if had same issue but other then that I like the case.

Got a Vodafone software August security patch today.

• Advertisement

Just an update on the phone case issue. Returned the neo hybrid case bought a tough armour case instead so much happier with it!!

Much tighter nicer fit feels nicer to. Plus case covers over the bits of screen protector the last case damaged!

Just an update on the phone case issue. Returned the neo hybrid case bought a tough armour case instead so much happier with it!!

Much tighter nicer fit feels nicer to. Plus case covers over the bits of screen protector the last case damaged!

I'm waiting for a tough armour from Amazon.

I'm waiting for a tough armour from Amazon.

What colour did you get? Got grey one meself really nice case altogether!

Spigen make really nice looking cases in general.

Get a Layer or Mnml case and just don't drop it.

What colour did you get? Got grey one meself really nice case altogether!

Spigen make really nice looking cases in general.

I got the all black one, :D

I got the all black one, :D

Seen that one on a YouTube video goes well with dark phone.

It's only really the flashy ones that sometimes look bit cheap.

Seen that one on a YouTube video goes well with dark phone.

It's only really the flashy ones that sometimes look bit cheap.

How much you pay for yours? I paid 20 delivered but knowing me i probably paid over the odds! Half the price of the otterbox though.

How much you pay for yours? I paid 20 delivered but knowing me i probably paid over the odds! Half the price of the otterbox though.

You done well so cause there twenty pound on Amazon now.

Lucky got them when we did cause saying despatch won't be till 1 - 3 months on Amazon now!!

You done well so cause there twenty pound on Amazon now.

Lucky got them when we did cause saying despatch won't be till 1 - 3 months on Amazon now!!

Mine is coming from the USA, en route as we speak.

• Advertisement
Advertisement