Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S9/9+

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

S9 plus lilac purple available for 658 inc delivery on amazon Germany...

Sold by a-mountain fulfilled by Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Got a Vodafone software August security patch today.

any issues downloading it ... mine keeps pausing the down load

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Anyone got the Dual Sim version of the S9+ ?  I currently have the single sim version and could do with having my unlimited data from my other SIM on the same phone. Can I have one SIM for the everyday calls and texts etc and the second sim for data?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Afaik you can assign different Sims for each role ,call,text and data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Anyone got the Dual Sim version of the S9+ ?  I currently have the single sim version and could do with having my unlimited data from my other SIM on the same phone. Can I have one SIM for the everyday calls and texts etc and the second sim for data?

My friend has a dual sim s8 and one limitation was that you could only use 4g on one sim at a time. So if you set the data sim to 4g then your 'voice' sim will only use a max 3g. This may only be a limitation on the s8 though.

• Advertisement

TBi wrote: »

My friend has a dual sim s8 and one limitation was that you could only use 4g on one sim at a time. So if you set the data sim to 4g then your 'voice' sim will only use a max 3g. This may only be a limitation on the s8 though.
    If I have the data sim assigned to 4G, I should be fine with the calls/texts being 3G

Lads anyone having issues with OTG ? Tried connecting my external hdd using inthe box adapter and it does not load fit in file.manager...the led of hdd blinks though.

Lads anyone having issues with OTG ? Tried connecting my external hdd using inthe box adapter and it does not load fit in file.manager...the led of hdd blinks though.
    Very likely doesn't have the power to run the drive. That adapter is really only useful for USB pen drives and very low power consumption devices. If you have a way of powering it externally the phone should read it.

Very likely doesn't have the power to run the drive. That adapter is really only useful for USB pen drives and very low power consumption devices. If you have a way of powering it externally the phone should read it.

Strange as it works flawlessly on my op6...will try a usb pen drive to check if it works...

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Afternoon. I recently got a s9 and it's been prompting me to do a 400mb software update. I have been holding off in case the update has any issues. I know before I done one and the battery life went to crap. Are there any issues such as this in the new update? Have searched Google and couldn't see anything but still want to ask first hand too. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

First time buyer off Amazon for a smartphone device, going to purchase the S9+. Should I be weary of sellers or anything in particular? Would this be okay or is there better offers?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Plus-Dual-International-Midnight-Black/dp/B079ZCJMYR/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1536097890&sr=8-3&keywords=samsung+s9+plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Afternoon. I recently got a s9 and it's been prompting me to do a 400mb software update. I have been holding off in case the update has any issues. I know before I done one and the battery life went to crap. Are there any issues such as this in the new update? Have searched Google and couldn't see anything but still want to ask first hand too. Thanks

I haven't had any issues with any updates for my previous S7 or my S9, so I wouldn't personally be worried about it.

Irish94 wrote:
    First time buyer off Amazon for a smartphone device, going to purchase the S9+. Should I be weary of sellers or anything in particular? Would this be okay or is there better offers?

Buy from Amazon Germany...i bought last week for eur 658...fulfilled by amazon so hasslefree if anything goes wrong with phone....very happy with the purchase...

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B079XJR97G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ScbKBbHQ5RHXH

Any of the Amazon site will be fine just make sure the seller is Amazon and not a 3rd party.
    You probably won't have any issue with a 3rd party either but I wouldn't chance it.

Thanks guys, does it matter if it's an 'international version' or 'uk version' etc.? Sorry again for the questions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Irish94 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, does it matter if it's an 'international version' or 'uk version' etc.? Sorry again for the questions!

They are really both the same as long the model number ends with an F or FD.

yabadabado wrote:
    Any of the Amazon site will be fine just make sure the seller is Amazon and not a 3rd party. You probably won't have any issue with a 3rd party either but I wouldn't chance it.

I would feel safe even if its fulfilled by amazon...i would avoid anything sold and delivered by 3rd party...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I finally got the dark mode setting for you tube on my S9+. Anyone else get it or waiting?

Micky 32 wrote:
    I finally got the dark mode setting for you tube on my S9+. Anyone else get it or waiting?

I can set dark theme...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Google are changing all their apps to have a dark mode, this must be the latest rolling out.

• Advertisement

Micky 32 wrote: »
    They are really both the same as long the model number ends with an F or FD.

Is this important? Only the French version ends with an 'F or FD'.

Irish94 wrote: »
    Is this important? Only the French version ends with an 'F or FD'.

They all end in F or FD if they are exynos.

F is EU/Global and FD is Global Dual Sim and, as the post above says, they'll have the Samsung processor inside.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Think I’m going to take the plunge after playing with one of these in Dundrum a few weeks back.

In the UK Samsung’s own site are quoting £869 but they’ll give me £350 off by trading in my iPhone 7 Plus.

Now just to decide if I go for the S9+ or Note 9 (only £30 difference in the price).

Think I’m going to take the plunge after playing with one of these in Dundrum a few weeks back.

In the UK Samsung’s own site are quoting £869 but they’ll give me £350 off by trading in my iPhone 7 Plus.

Now just to decide if I go for the S9+ or Note 9 (only £30 difference in the price).

No brainer. Get the Note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

If you know any students with a myunidays account you can get a further discount on the Samsung UK website.

Try Komplett.ie. Very cheap on there. You could still sell your iPhone and pay less.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

TBi wrote: »
    Try Komplett.ie. Very cheap on there. You could still sell your iPhone and pay less.

Think I’ll get the Note 9 now but thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Basil3 wrote: »
    No brainer. Get the Note.

Why so?

Note 9 looks amazing, but s9+ is great also. Does a normal phone user really need what the Note 9 offers? It's complete overkill for a lot of people who buy it. What are the real world advantages of it, unless you are some world travelling executive with the need for 1TB of storage for their millions of files and pictures and documents.

• Advertisement

Why so?

Note 9 looks amazing, but s9+ is great also. Does a normal phone user really need what the Note 9 offers? It's complete overkill for a lot of people who buy it. What are the real world advantages of it, unless you are some world travelling executive with the need for 1TB of storage for their millions of files and pictures and documents.

I'm not saying the S9+ isn't a great phone, I'm just saying the Note is better, and it will only cost him an extra €30. Is the S-Pen, bigger battery and larger storage worth €30? Absolutely.

The bigger battery alone is worth €130, let alone €30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Patww79 wrote: »
    The bigger battery alone is worth €130, let alone €30.

That is point though, not as if one will need a bigger battery unless they are a extreme user to begin with.

s9+ battery will last a day of normal usage anyway.

That is point though, not as if one will need a bigger battery unless they are a extreme user to begin with.

s9+ battery will last a day of normal usage anyway.

Look, if you don't want Samsung's best device, and their second best device is adequate for your usage, then that's cool. Nobody is gonna think any less of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Cheapest place to buy the s9?

Have to say the screen is prone to scratches...get a screen protector first thing...

• Advertisement

Have to say the screen is prone to scratches...get a screen protector first thing...

Not a mark on my screen .Have it since July I think.

I did put on a back cover ,back is fragile as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 HowardJDavis

Nolars wrote: »

+1 for your question. Maybe Amazon?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Nolars wrote:

Parnell Street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Parnell Street

+1 on this bought mine there perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭TheBigEvil

+1 on this bought mine there perfect!

Where on Parnell street, please :)

• Advertisement

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Where on Parnell street, please :)

There's a little mobile shop I can't remember name it's right across the road from the burger King exit of ilac center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

There's a little mobile shop I can't remember name it's right across the road from the burger King exit of ilac center.

There's 3 or 4 on Parnell Street and also one in Mary Street. Check Adverts.ie

It's right across from the door you see it minute you walk out at burger King.

TradeinTech
    180 Parnell St, Rotunda, Dublin 1, D01 W7K8
    089 966 9968

They have a Facebook page could ask on there find out prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

And what about online Amazon I'm guessing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭sellasheep

Is the trade in tech shop on Parnell street genuine? How can they sell high end phones at those prices?

sellasheep wrote: »
    Is the trade in tech shop on Parnell street genuine? How can they sell high end phones at those prices?

I got a receipt from them and all was in box sealed with unlock code. I've had the phone few months everything perfect working order and legit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 231 ✭✭sellasheep

I got a receipt from them and all was in box sealed with unlock code. I've had the phone few months everything perfect working order and legit.

Sure you don't work for them....?

Sure you don't work for them....?

Haha I'm not Indian no!

Nolars wrote:
    And what about online Amazon I'm guessing?

I got s9 plus thru amazon germany for 649 eur recently...2 years peace of mind...

• Advertisement
Advertisement