Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union loan payment missed. What will happen?

• 13-01-2018 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Hi,i have failed to make my payment at the Credit Union this month for my car loan.

Can anyone tell me what will happen?:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

PLUG71 wrote: »
    Hi,i have failed to make my payment at the Credit Union this month for my car loan.

Can anyone tell me what will happen?:(

Ring them up and explain the reason behind it even try and pay the interest on it, it will be marked on ICB report.

I would try to pay it back pay a little extra each month to show you are trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Ring them up and explain the reason behind it even try and pay the interest on it, it will be marked on ICB report.

I would try to pay it back pay a little extra each month to show you are trying.

Thanks for the info.

Can I ask what an ICB report is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Thanks for the info.

Can I ask what an ICB report is?

Link

http://www.icb.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I hope you didn't have any plans to get any other loans in the next 5 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

Happened to me, got a letter informing me not to miss three payments in a row, just don't let it happen again!

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I hope you didn't have any plans to get any other loans in the next 5 years

I have spoken to them and it does not affect anything regarding future loans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I have spoken to them and it does not affect anything regarding future loans

So they told you it's not going on the ICB report? Or they just told you it won't effect loans from them?

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    So they told you it's not going on the ICB report? Or they just told you it won't effect loans from them?

Yes no ICB report as long as I go in and catch up. It was a missed standing order thanks to the Bank Of Ireland never informing me about charges.
    The CU was very helpful and easy to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭joeguevara

As long as it is paid within the month that the payment was supposed to be made then no report to ICB and Central Credit Register. If it goes to the next month then it will be reported.

Reports on the ICB and Central Credit register does not mean automatic refusal of future loans but patterns of missed loans will be taken into consideration. Bank of Ireland will have notified you of charges when opening account and will have further notified you of changes to these charges. I don’t understand why you are blaming them for failure of standing order. Maybe discuss a temporary overdraft or change to payment date if the current date has the possibility of insufficient funds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Yes no ICB report as long as I go in and catch up. It was a missed standing order thanks to the Bank Of Ireland never informing me about charges.
    The CU was very helpful and easy to deal with.

This is why I prefer dealing with my local CU as opposed to the bank. I have always found them very flexible when applying for a loan, and on repayments

• Advertisement
Advertisement